ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, September 18, 2009

~Fall Is Startin~ :-(

I do believe fall has started... You can feel it... It was
really cool this morning, down in the 40's.. I love the
fall, but it seems as though summer has just flown by.
The time is going so fast its amazing.. Mark has been
here a week already and it seems only yesterday I
found them... yet its been over a year now.. Mark is
such a sweet guy and so much like his GORGEOUS
"Mum" as he calls me, I am so not used to it that
sometimes it catches me off guard and I don't
answer, I'm so used to Gran ! :-) Plus the last one to
call me Mom or Mother, was Kimmie, bless her heart.
I miss her... Kelli's mom..she died in '89...
Mark took my camera yesterday and went for a
walk and came back with some great photos of the
bigger of the 2 lakes here, Palmer Lake.. which we
find pretty neat since that's his last name ! Even
has a street named that.. :-) He found a nice spot
to take pictures of it.. He did good. Well its easy
to take nice photos of a pretty place... :-)
He spotted some trees that are already changing
too.. I noticed over by Carls one of his maples, up
at the top is changing already, mine probly is too,
but I cant see the top of it :-) Not from inside
here anyway...
Today I made meat pie.. Mark being from the UK
knows what a pasty is.. this is just a version of it,
just put into a pan with the crust on top.. Over the
week end hes going to make a pizza for us.. Yesterday
Mark made some potato pancakes and Swiss steak, I
ate the pancake first saying "MMM" after every bite..
Hes a good cook, and LIKES to cook :-) They say the
apple doesn't fall far from the tree :-) I wish Richard
could be here too. I sure would enjoy that... Ive not
heard from him since mothers day which its been quite
awhile.. . When hes ready he will write I hope.. I AM
hoping he will come to see Mark... They havent seen
each other in a few years.. Richard and their Dad are
welcome to come here to see Mark, and I hope they
will :-)
Time to post this and get something done today.. I
still try to stay busy, my arms have been aching so
bad lately, right now, just from this short bit of
writing theyre throbbing from just above the elbow
to the tips of my fingers, which 3 of them are sound
asleep.. :-) my body parts sleep more than I do :-)
WARNING TIME :-) "I shall return!!" :-)

Y'all have a good one now , Y'hear? luv ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Thank you Mark for the great pictures...Lois you have a wonderful son there.
    I've heard people taking and saying we going to have a hard winter here and a short fall, only time will tell.
    Trying to get ready for my trip on Wednesday...And Pam not doing real good right now...but that can change before the trip I hope. She does need prayer right now.
    God bless you both.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    I enjoy the changing seasons. I keep a list of the sunset times on the frig. Every week the sunset changes. The UK is farther north than we are so their sunset varies even more than ours.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Thanks, and yes, he is.. :-) Ive heard the same thing.. when you see the squirrels are busy gathering food.. you know its gonna be.. Our prayers go out for Pam..

    Hi Momar,
    I do too.. I enjoy every one of them...

    So nice to hear from you !!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker