ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fair Time~

HumHim is back. look at the wings. Pretty neat I think :-)

This coming week end is the St. Joe County fair. Its
held in Centreville.. About 15 miles or so down the
road.. Over yonderway :-) Not far.. The last time I
went to the fair was the Elkhart County fair in
Indiana.. Was huge, David, his brother, his brothers
wife and I decided to go to the that fair.. Was a
nice warm Saturday we decided to go.. Sort of last
minute just for something to do.. Plus we talked about
the good food we knew was there which was a BIG
help in our decision to go.. We had a good time, kinda...

I enjoy the rides that are on the ground.. Those that
take you up in the air, l don't do those.. however, all
the others wanted to go on the Ferris wheel which
was one of those double kind that takes you up even
higher than the single wheel ones.. well no I think
they have that massively huge one in the UK that,
well, I wouldn't get on that one either, its bigger.


In the spirit of having fun, I gave in and we got our
seats, David and I, his brother and his wife took
the next one.. I think it maybe went around one full
time before I started to feel really bad, I closed my
eyes so I wouldn't see any thing and maybe the bad
feeling would ease up.. About that time David decided
to be smart, well- really stupid, and he started to rock
the seat, which, made it ALOT worse for me.. I think
about then is when I turned green... :-)

I didn't dare open my mouth to say anything I just
tried to motion to him to STOP ROCKING THE
SEAT! Just as he turned to see what was wrong, I
got violently sick , all over him, the seat, and the
timing was perfect, and I got his brother, as their
seat was right below :-) That is the LAST time I
rode the Ferris wheel ! :-) But I wouldn't mind
going to the fair again.. I just don't know if it is
wheel chair accessible.. I would think it would be..
But then again... lots of places arent even though
it is the law now..so perhaps it is..

When I was in the HellHome, the activites director
asked me to help some other ladies to make a quilt..
We worked on it for weeks.. I had a photo but I cant
find it.. The quilt turned out just beautiful in fact we
won 2nd prize for it.. It may still be hanging over there
in the dining room. They had a special patch made with
our names on it.. which I imagine the other ladies are
gone by now.. that was 8 years ago.. Sure doesn't seem
that long, like only yesterday...

We are having pizza today, my son is making his famous
homemade kind.. I am most anxious to taste it. Mark
liked my meat pie I made yesterday for us... it turned
out really good.. Well . its past post time and plus my
arms are aching already just from writing this little
bit.. so I have to stop for a while.. Then I have some
emails to catch up on.. So... This GORGEOUS WEEBLE
is off to do something.. I am waiting to hear from the
guy that is going to do the deck, Ive not heard anything.
I sure hope they havent changed their minds! Today
isnt over yet so there is still time.. :-) NOW .. its time
for my warning ... "I WILL be back !" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks!!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend..
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I guess you mean "The London Eye" It's on the Thames Embankment, quite near the Hoses of Parliament. I've not been on it, but you get in to enclosed cars, with plenty of room to walk about or sit down, as you please. It does NOT rock!! It moves very slowly, so I don't think it would bother you. It's too slow and smooth to cause motion sickness.
    Take care, Honey, hope you enjoy the pizza!
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    HIya Raife! :-)
    Ya, Its a hugmongous wheel that goes round.. Its the view down that gets me.. I get dizzy when I stand on a chair ! Or did :-) LOL...

    Nice to hear from ya !! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker