ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Sunday Nite..
First I would like to say how pleased I am that my little daily
digest is being read..and I appreciate all the comments..I think
this will be quite fun.. I sincerely thank you for any helpful hints
you can give me.. trust me I need ALL the help I can get..lol..

I do have yahoo messenger and mail..You can reach me at
butterflylois2003@yahoo.com I go there quite often as I
belong to a few music groups there.. I love the oldies ..well
I like ALL music to be honest. I enjoy finding good wav sites
so if anyone knows any let me know. A dear friend just got
the old song A Daisy A Day for me.. Thanks buddy .

I had to take the time today to clean again as usual cuz of my
messy cat.. He can reach the top shelf of my pantry..well I
forget sometimes and put stuff up there he can hook his claws
into.. He gets on top the fridge and opens the door and proceeds
to pull everything out so he can get in it..Bad thing is he doesnt
know how to get back out if hes up on the top shelf tho, sat in
there one day for a couple hours waiting for me to let him out.lol.

I wonder if i get on top the fridge would i be able to get stuff out
better lolol..I have to back all the way up across the kitchen to
see what is on that shelf..then hope my arms and grabber are
long enuff to reach..cant u just see me going from chair to
counter to fridge just to get something from a cupboard? cute
image lolol..Specially since i wear nothing but skirts lol..

I had to wipe up kitchen floor..i brought coffee in here to my
puter/sewing room and naturally left a trail across my kitchen
floor.. Not easy driving a chair with one hand tends to go in circles
then havta switch hands back and forth. I have a power chair but
it makes me weak and spoiled so i stay in my manual..lol i need to
keep the strength i have..

well i am off to send one of my best favorite songs to my music group
MoonShadow by Cat Stevens.. says: "if i ever lose my legs..i wont
have to walk no more"...love that song..

Thanks again for coming here and spending a few minutes with me
please keep commenting as i LOVE to read what u have to say and
ask. Being a DAK..is NOT that great a life..but i find the longer you
stay in a bad time the longer it hurts..so i keep moving on. i have
accepted this is who i am now..and Ive always liked me, tall.. short,
or otherwise..any body modification is not easy to accept.. I lost an
eye back in 83 i adjusted.. but if you like yourself..you can make do
with what ever you have i think..
Always, Lois

2 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice to see that you have found a way to brighten your day (and ours).
    Thanks for sharing the triva of your life with us.

    Given that you have PVD, how well did your stumps heal? Are they smooth enough that you might be fitted with prosthesis down the road or are they
    really 'lumpy'? What do the scars feel like?

    I would also suggest posting a photo of yourself with your stumps in your blog profile,
    not for the gawking, but because there are a lot of 'pretenders' out there who fake being an amputee to get some jollies.
    And it would put a face to your posts, making them more personal.
    It is rare to find someone
    who is willing to talk about their life as an amputee so I hope you're not another faker.

    Unfortunate that even blogs are getting spamed.
    I would suggest deleting comments that are irrelevant to what you say here, like the one above on 'AOL buying into blogging' and other similar posts in your other daily commments.

    B

     
  • At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lotus Blossom!
    You have a lifting true heartfelt story to tell gal pal and I am blessed to have become your friend from Kansas .. We've shared our secrets together and our funnies .. And don't forget to tell those people out their in cyberspace some of your good fiction stories as well ..
    I still love ya lots,
    Jo (or Twinks the poet)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker