ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, September 20, 2009

~Hes a GOOD Cook!~ :-)


PIZZA!!!!! :-)
There is what Mark made us for dinner yesterday,
it was as good as it looks too.!. I am most impressed
with my sons cooking talents :-) It was delicious.
Today we will have whats left.. And that will be when
I finish posting this! :-) Looking at that photo makes
my stomach growl :-) Just like it did yesterday waiting
for that to cook.. the smell was WONDERFUL ! :-) I
did the same thing with each bite, I said "M M M " :-)
I watched as Carl and Joyce are getting their house
ready for winter. They took the air conditioner out
of the window. Ive heard quite a few predict a really
bad winter this year. Already having seen 2 big flocks
of geese fly over in their famous V formation makes
me think it will be an early winter too.
The old wives tale is to watch the squirrels. If you see
them super busy gathering nuts and seeds, that's a sign
as well.. The next few days are supposed to be cool and
rainy, which , yes, I sure can tell.. Moreso in my arms
than my stumps although they are very achy today and
feel, well its hard to describe.. Like they are very taught,
the skin feels tight, but when I touch them they feel like
they always do.. Well no that's not true either, as time
has gone on they feel softer and not as firm, which with
not walking, is expected... But I can tell the weather is
changing by my body :-)
I think a lot of the arm ache which is aggravated by
what I do, typing mainly... but I have arthritis in both
arms and across my shoulders.. I was told that years
ago by the Dr in Green Bay. She diagnosed that and
predicted because the arthritis was so bad in my feet
that within 10 years I would be in a wheelchair.. and
this was in 91, so she was right on , but I wasn't in
a chair because of arthritis.. that was cured when they
cut my legs off :-) So , I guess her prediction sorta
was right.. :-)
I called Joe yesterday to find out if he has heard from
Adam, the man that was here from the Menonite Church
that offered to build a deck and ramp for me.. Hes not
heard from them and I havent either... I am really
surprised they didn't let me know something, especially
him saying he, well they would be here yesterday.. If I
don't hear today I will call them, I have their number on
my caller ID....... But I am a bit disappointed, they could
have called to tell me something..........


We have no plans for today, Mark has been a great help
especially since my arms are aching so bad. The things
I did to kinda ease it up for Penny I'm not able to do, so
hes pitched in... which I appreciate.. Plus he knows its
not Pennys job to clean up after him, she doesn't mind,
but, like I told Mark, hes not company. so..... hes pitching
in.. hes a good kid.. :-) The boys sure are enjoying the
extra attention. They follow him around like a puppy :-)
I think he kinda likes them too :-)

Time for this ACHEY GORGEOUS WEEBLE to follow too,
right on out to the kitchen :-) Some great left overs out
there, Wanna come join us ? :-) Time to post and warn ya,
"I shall return!!!"... :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks !
Always, Lois ****


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend
I Pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    WOW that pizza make my stomach growl too...going to have pizza tomorrow for lunch with old friends...
    I spend the night in the hospital with Pam last night, she was having chest pain so her staff took her to the E.R. and they keep her till 10 A.M. today.. she was given 3 unit of platelet while she was there...
    Mary

     
  • At 6:00 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Re arthritis, it might be worth trying Glucosamine tablets. Ines and I have been taking three a day for several years now, also Cod liver oil. While I have the old arthur in my right knee, it's still bearable, though I don't like to walk too far, but those meds might help the arms and shoulders.
    Thake care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    Squirrel report from nyc - the squirrels are thin and not getting ready for a cold winter. Their tails are not bushy.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    I wish you could have a taste, it was SO good..I hope Pam gets better..She is in my prayers ...

    Hiya Raife,
    I think we have them here.. :-) This rain dont help..

    Hi Momar,
    Now that you mention it the squirrel tails arent bushy here that Ive noticed, but Ive not heard that before about their tails LOL... Best way to tell is just to wait and see what comes along .. :-)

    Good to hear from y'all :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker