ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

~Spring Fever Already?~ :-)

LB's favorite spot.. :-) top of the refrigerator..

I closed down my computer yesterday about
12:30.. earlier than usual.. but I was tired and
didn't have anything to do online or here for
that matter. let me rephrase, nothing I FELT
like doing... so I went and crawled up on my
bed, watched TV, I changed channels so many
times I'm surprised my clicker still works.. I hate
to watch commercials.. well, some make me laugh
at what some of them can cause.. One pill was
for male 'enhancement'.. nice way of putting it..
but the dangers were.. going deaf or blind...
well.. I thought that was one of the things
that happened if you didn't.. "get enhanced"
would happen !! :-) But I'm off the point...:-)
Ive been thinking that I am just wasting my
days.. and I honestly DONT know how to fix
it,, not with my arms aching so badly and my
thumbs not working half the time.. Have you
ever tried to do anything without your thumb?
That jewel is your grabber !! Its not easy to
hold anything with a weak thumb.. and if you
don't have one.. well you cant hold on ! But....
there really isnt a lot I can do with achey arms
and hands.. Sewing isnt too bad, if I don't have
to do tedious things, like hand sewing.. even to
put elastic thru makes my thumbs ache, holding
onto the pin that's on the elastic to get it thru
the waistband or what ever.. So, I dunno.. but
I need to feel useful.. that Ive accomplished
something!!! I wonder could this be my yearly
Spring Fever?....

I have a friend.. shes a dak as well.. her hubby
takes the very best care of her.. TOO much.. he
hovers.. and does every thing.. which is not good
either.. it makes her feel even worse than I do..
This hubby doesn't even let her go to the potty
alone! I guess, really, I do accomplish some things.
since Penny only comes 3 times a week.. so I do
DO things.. But my friend got really discouraged..
I told her she needs to really tell her hubby.. she
HAS to do some things.. just to know she can..to
keep trying herself...

For me .. I think its being productive maybe is the
word I'm looking for.. Ive worked hard all my
working life.. I worked while I was married to all
3 hubbys.. I worked up to the day I had my heart
attack back in 2000... I produced a paycheck .. :-)
Now.. hmmm.. I have NO producing.. :-) Maybe that's
the best word for me.. When I feel like this I get
very down.. which isnt good.. I never used to get bored
when I was able to do things...I'm so limited now as
to what I can do.. my stamina.. I guess has left me..
I guess its all a game of re adjusting to just what
I CAN do with what I have.. like with my monthly
changing budget.. that's a real downer !!! :-)

I'm told my writing here is encouragement, that
just that has encouraged some.. so I guess that IS
accomplishing something.. I should look more into
just what I can do.. If only to just give hope to
those that need it IS being productive .. just in
different way.. So that does count and it DOES
make me feel better. Sometimes I just wish I did
more.. But if I was satisfied.. maybe I would just
sit back and not try anymore.. so feeling like this
maybe isnt that bad, it keeps me looking for ways
to DO stuff.. I cant give up... I'm on wheels for
Pete's sake.. I'm on a ROLL!! :-) so I cant stop! :-)

Well.. this GORGEOUS ROLLING WEEBLE is
gonna post this for today.. I hope you had a good
quiet week end like I did .. its not quite done yet,
so lets hope mine stays quiet.. things can change
in just the blink of an eye! :-) Post time and
then food.. I have NO idea what.. Yesterday was
just a pb&j day.. Peanut butter & jelly sandwich..
I LOVE those things.. I make toast..lotsa butter,
I know, I know, then PB on one slice. Raspberry
jam on the other.. put together.. and M M M...
good stuff :-) I only had ONE! anyhoway....

Mary, I hope all goes well tomorrow.. I will keep
you in my prayers! :-)

Remember.. I SHALL return! :-)

Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

5 Comments:

  • At 1:07 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You are just a wonderful Lady! You stay SO positive, in spite of all that the world throws at you.You often hear Amps say "You have to concentrate on what you CAN do, not on what you can't" and, bless you, that's just what you do.
    God Bless.
    Take care, Honey, Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are the most wonderful greatest piece of woman i know! No piece are wrong word, for the fullshaped intelligent heck of woman on earth... Love ya!
    ROB

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry was to fast there... Shud be: for the MOST fullshaped. Etc..

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Yes in life we have to concentrate on what you CAN do and that goes for all of us...life keep on changing so we change..Aways new challenge to keep up with, that life as we know it.
    Hoping not to be off the computer for long...
    God bless you always Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya!!! So nice to hear from Y'all!
    I myself.. need to not be satisfied,, If I ever am.. then I would stop trying.. I cant do that.. Lots do..the depression gets you so bad..THATS my biggest battle..Depression...
    BUT!!! Y'all encourage ME and I am most grateful.. To come here and read the comments..makes me feel very good.. Thanks.. :-) You are most appreciated..
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker