ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

~Medium Works~ :-)

Another rainy dark DAMP day.. My furnace still comes on..I
don't know which I prefer the gas or electric bill being higher
or to be hot or cold :-) I really don't like being cold..cuz I can
put on enough clothes to get warm..plus blankets.. But to get
cool.. only thing is naked and then, if its still hot out..your gonna
sweat and give out because you cant get cool enough... :-)
Cant breathe cuz there is no air.. but which air is worse? Cold
Air, its hard to breathe too..hmmmm :-) A happy medium is
best :-) Thats how I try to keep it in here.. One steady temp.


When I first got to Houston, I had never heard of 'Air Cooled'
I thought at first it was opening the window and tying the
curtain in a knot.. :-) But its like what I tell a lot of friends to
do if they don't have or their air conditioner is broken.. Get
a fan and put it by a bowl of ice, so the air from the fan goes
over the ice first THEN on you.. :-) It works.. it helps a lot.

All these days of rain are giving me fits.. My right invisible
foot HURTS.. and I mean HURTS.. the toes especially.. I
can feel every one of them !! It hurts so bad, like it did last
night that it woke me up.. and no matter what I did I couldn't
stop it.. I changed positions, I waved it around and up and
down, nothing worked.. I just had to lay there and WAit for
it to decide to stop.. I held on to the end of my stump- like
trying to remind my BRAIN that "HEY! ITS NOT REALLY
THERE !" Well .. it did NOT work.. there is a disconnected
wire somewhere and I cant seem to fix it.. Joys of this
life.. no one told me this though..

I keep hearing they will STOP.. ok.. WHEN? :-) Its ...8 years
for me? 2001.. so.. 9 .. Jan/Feb..then Nov.. A friend of a
friend that is a dak.. from Burgers..disease tho.. said that
friends phantoms have stopped! Just a matter of how
long I guess.. I'm ready for them to stop.. For a while they
had REALLY eased up.. But lately.. theyre BACK! and
then I cant really remember when I didn't have them! :-)
So it cant have been that long of a time that they were
gone :-) I'm ready for them to be gone.. specially out of
my TOES!!! :-)

Well this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is ready to be gone too-
Out to my kitchen to get some lunch...I'm hungry :-)
I have leftover Cornish hen with dressing from yesterday,
its really good.. be even better today :-) Remember! -
I shall return! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois.
    We got some heavy rain late in the evening, but all well here...the bad storm went around us...It's so hard to see people lose there home and car in those bad storms and sometimes there life...
    Tomorrow we see Bob doctor again, he will be setting up a appointment for another surgery...This time it will be the right hip...hoping it will be in a week or two...Bob has so much pain with it since the first doctor didn't do the hip replacement right...Bob ready to get it over with, hoping the pain will be gone after it heals up...and he ready to be able to get around the yard again and to be able to work on the cars too...hoping for him to be able to lose weight better too...he use to walk a lot, hoping he will be able to do that again too...
    God bless you Lois and keep those bad storms away.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    We have rain again and more on the way...Im so tired of rain.. and the storm warnings scare me.. Hip surgery i hear is a long recovery..walking is good for it.. :-)
    Take care Mary and so nice to hear from you..

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker