ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, October 10, 2005

This is me....


Monday , monday..sheesh. This no caregiver
is NOT easy. I changed the bedding on my
bed. Ya.. was big fun. Try to change it
while your sitting on it..yup, just moves
right with ya.. butt drags..so does quilt..
so you use your arms and hope you can
lift enough so you dont move it, very tedious
but I did it. I have a queen size bed..but a
tid bit for you I sleep opposite the "normal"
way i have the head of the bed the long way
so I have a HUGE bed.. I fit now...so hey.
I got a king size bed I always wanted one
I do share it with the boys and LittleBoy has
a girl friend ,, yes a stuffed cat, that he drags around, she is up on the bed with us, so there
is lots of room. I sure hope I can find a caregiver..I not only have short legs but my arms
arent that long either so that doesnt help matters...Hell being short ill tell ya..LOL...

A suggestion was made that i show a picture I hope it will upload i am NOT good at this...
but I am going to try...I am NOT a fake. trust me..all this I write and you have doubts?
I know I can write storys.. I do...but well I cant write about stuff I dont know about can
I? I do write tho...I love it. I have 2 storys at bravenet u might find interesting ..one
anyway tells how i got my name and even more trivia about my early beginings.. the
url is http://butterflylois.bravehost.com/ . So anyway if this picture does load..and I
dont know if it can be taken..but it it can..and you do..PLEASE..keep it only for your
self..dont post it in one of the yahoo groups like has been done to me before. I wouldnt
do that to you. It was taken on the 29 of last month so is recent.. I have to use my
mouse to snap the photos and i was watching Dutch of course trash the closet..and I
laffed cuz he fell out..and my finger twitched and snapped the photo.I kinda like it
its very natural and me. So now you see who has been writing all this..If it doesnt
post I will try again...im new at this..so bear with me ...

The PVD i dont know if that caused my stumps to heal differently. The right was put into
a binder I call it for about 3 months when I had decided to get a pros. The binder
was like a tube that was cone shaped and it had a 2"belt attached that would
velcro around my waist..kept sliding down very uncomfortable. And to potty I had
to move THAT as well NO specifics there either ...so I did this and then started
asking questions about how it was really going to feel ..hurt.. what.. Well the guy
told me..its not easy to get used to a pros. specially dealing with 2 joints. knee &
ankle..that I probly would fall alot. Well fooey.. I fell all the time before cuz of the
weak legs.. the binder was a buggar to wear ..it was summer by the way then..and
i could just see me steady hitting the dirt ..na i said can this.. Ill ride .. just get the
chair.. I didnt do crutches either I was SO NOT good with those..The nurses would
cringe when they saw me trying to navigate down the hall and those other people
in the way.. I only tripped 3 or 4 ..not too bad.. So I sat my butt in a chair and thats
where I still am. Someone really wants them well more power to them but I had
other things more important to deal with ..starting a whole new strange life..and
I didnt wanna keep falling when I didnt have to...I was ready to roll..

The scars...well the right is nice..smooth.the left? i dont like it. i think they did a
rotten job on it..It has a massive scar..well not THAT big but at the right end of
it..it was severely infected for a year almost..so the scar is very wide.over an
inch for about 3 inches, and is sort of sunk in.. The end, to me.. looks folded over
and gathered. I am guessing its because of the infection. It is also shaped differently
its more round and fuller..bigger and the bone inside goes closer to the end. You
can feel the bone inside..its cut off flat.. very strange sensation to be able to feel
the bone just stop, and to feel how round it is. I can feel the whole end when i
touch it. The right stump the bone is farther back and does not feel near as long
as the left, but that leg being thinner its easier to feel the bone inside.. And yes
they both move quite well I have been asked that ..if they move easily.

Thanks for the tidbits of helpful hints..i am new at this but I really am enjoying
it.. I love when you leave me comments that u have been here to read if its only
to say Hi lol..I like knowing it is being read, and that you like my little storys...lol
I hope the picture uploads..lol
Well bye for now. y'all have a great evening .. Im starved I need food.
always, Lois

2 Comments:

  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute pic :)

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Lotus Blossom I've written this 3 times now .. so will try one last time .. I think your blog is great .. and as I have been your long time gal pal from Kansas .. It "will" keep you out of trouble and getting hurt ..
    Love ya always,
    Jo (or Twinks the poet)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker