ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, October 22, 2009

~The Leaf Sucker Truck~

Theres the leaf sucker truck. That black hose is like a big
vacuum cleaner and sucks all the leaves into it then
into the back of the truck.. Doesn't take long.. I took
this yesterday and I noticed that truck was out on
the streets today as well.. The leaves are only just
now starting and Carls' yard, well doesn't look like
they spent one whole afternoon out there.. The
ground is covered again.. It looks like its snowing
leaves some times, but it is pretty...
The view out the west window is just wonderful
as you see.. This tree right here next to the house
is almost totally turned but not quite.. Its the same
kind of maple that was at the little house.. Its so
nice to see all the different colors and some like
the weeping willow and the pines stay green... The
willow will turn but not as fast as the others..
Across the street, the corner house, you see they
have pumpkins on the steps to the house.. I had to
smile when I saw how chewed up they were, then I
remembered the squirrels that live over in those
trees.. That day I saw them climbing all over their
front door, I was secretly kinda hoping someone
would open it, I wanted to see what the squirrels
would do .. :-) ok, AND whomever opened that door!
I think I am gonna have Penny get a pumpkin to put
out back by the birdbath.. I decided to keep it out
there this winter for the birds to have water. I
know it will freeze but Penny comes every other day
so it will be thawed sometimes too... I am anxious to
see who eats the pumpkin. I bet the Jays will too..
They sure like the corn on the cob.. Ive still not seen
the squirrels go after it... Maybe cuz of the Jays, they
can be mean...

The house I had in ELkhart, by the lake, I had a nest
of jays in the big tree by the back of the house.. My
cat Skeeter knew it and he stalked that tree daily hoping
to find them away from the nest.. One of the jays was
always on guard.. When they would see that cat, he was
a HUGE black one, they would dive bomb him.. till that
cat would scream! The claws of the jays could be seen
as they hit him ! What ever you call bird claws :-)
Ive seen other places where they have done the same
thing... I guess they don't like squirrels either.. :-)

Well its time to get something done for today, stop the
boys from fighting for one thing.. They fight over a
place to sit or lay .. mainly on the couch... or a sunny spot.
I'm kinda hungry and have some left over spaghetti from
yesterday.. I have to eat to take these thyroid.. Ive still
not noticed a change in my energy level.. sure wish it
would hurry up.. This GORGEOUS WEEBLE needs some
more energy for sewing since its almost Christmas!!!! :-)
Not far! As fast as time is going.. just blink.. it will be
here :-) "I Shall Return" aint ya glad? ;-)


Y'all have a good one Now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks!
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hi Lois

    The tree are so pretty this year, last year it was so dry here.
    We don't have a leaf truck that come by here...We bag our up in leaf bags and let the trash truck pick them up or leave them on the ground...We always clean up our back yard, if you want to pick up pecan a lot easier keep the leave clean up.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    I work across the street from a huge apartment complex that has a landscaper - he has about 10 men using leaf blowers - with the leaves falling he has to come at least once or twice a week.
    I like Ziti as a pasta because I can eat it with a fork.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary & Momar! :-)
    The leaf battle is hardly over .. lots to still come off the trees.. I like ziti too ..

    So good to hear from You! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker