ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

~Lotsa Birds Today!~ :-)


Today, well this morning,what a nice time I had watching
all the visitors. Bird ones that is.. :-) 4 blue jays, 2 cardinals,
the woodpecker, 4 doves and the chickadees or what ever
those little guys are.. Those ears of corn have drawn the
blue jays till they were actually fighting over it.. The one
was really guarding them and would try to chase the others
away.. The cardinal was in and out so fast I was surprised
I got a photo of him at all... :-) The woodpecker he took
his sweet time chomping at both ears of corn and just
hopped around the yard for a while ... The birds were
quite happy today... And needless to say I was most
pleased to see them out there...
Joyce and Carl spent most of yesterday afternoon
chasing, well no.. blowing leaves.. Poor Joyce I watched
her, her blower, well neither of theirs had shoulder
straps that would have made them so much easier to
carry, Joyce was steady switching from hand to hand..
She did a lot of them then Carl took over to make the
last sweep of them to the side of the road.. Now I think
that big vacuum truck will come and suck them up into it
and take them off for compost I would imagine.. I dunno.
Was a big job for Joyce and Carl, bad thing is, they are
NOT done yet there are still a TON of leaves still on
the trees..
Penny went out and took the photo of the white birch
tree, when the sun hit it this morning it was so pretty
it just about glowed.. My sis IS up north, so I KNOW
she is really seeing the colors.. Its hard to even describe
the beauty and all the vibrant colors of all the trees, each
one has its own... This is a beautiful time of year.. It is
sposta go up to 70 today and be really nice.. I have the
back door open and the boys are enjoying the sunshine..
They miss Mark, he played with them so much and LB
LOVED all the brushing he did for him.. I have been
paying extra attention to them so maybe they wont miss
him too much.. :-)
I still don't have much of an appetite and I have NO idea
why.. I have been watching the news and LOTS of schools
are closing the list on the TV is huge.. Kinda made me worry.
They are closing the schools to wash them ... which to me..
well isnt it the kids that are infected? what good will washing
the school down do? would think they need to sterilize the
kids and teachers before entering.. :-) I still don't think I
am going to get a flu shot.. They are making too much out of
this this year and THAT is what scares me.. Its hard to
know what to do.. But I DO know I would seriously consider
home schooling if I had little kids in school..
Time to post this and wait for Rebecca... Then I have nothing
else planned and I'm kinda glad.. I like having nothing on my
schedule. Penny got us all clean for a few more days so we
are good to go... And that's what I'm gonna DO!! First.. this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE'S "I shall return!" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks !
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend..
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    Birds: We used to have seagulls, wild turkeys, bluejays, and cardinals on the south shore of Long Island. In Brooklyn there is a flock of wild parrots. Wow, do they ever build wild shaped nests.
    The passing of time: I remember Kansas City with 1940s architecture - they tore a lot of the older architecture down.

     
  • At 10:03 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Great pictures Lois.
    That corn gave you lots of good pictures of the birds.
    Our porch roof has not got started yet being put up...now rain has stop us for now...Bob got everything ready to dig the holes.
    The trees around here are so pretty...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    WOW!! Aren't those colours in the trees just SO beautiful. Great to see all those birds about in your yard, too. All the birds here disappeared for the past month. They are back again, now, eating from the nut feeder and the seed feeder. Saw a robin on the gate-post yesterday. I guess with harvest and all the berries on the trees, they didn't need my stuff!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya!!! :-)
    So good to hear from you ! These trees will get prettier and prettier.. I think i might put a pumpkin out there ! Bet theyd like that..:-)
    Thanks for being here!
    Love N'Hugs
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker