ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, March 22, 2010

~Coffee Maker~

I have the best little coffeemaker.. Its only a 2
cupper one... from Black & Decker.. I didn't think
I would like a small one like this but I do.. I used
to drink more than 2 cups in the morning though
so I always had a bigger one.. Since I got this small
one I like it better.. It only takes 2 minutes to get
a fresh cuppa coffee.. That's what I like.. I don't
like coffee that's been sitting around for awhile..
I like strong coffee but not strong enough it could
walk if it wanted to :-) But this is a good little one,
its lasted longer than my last one.. but I don't know,
well remember, the kind.. I know I use Maxwell
House coffee.. or Kona, which is Hawaiian... I love
that.. and I kinda like the Luzian which has Chicory..
I had some Cajun coffee with chickory when I was
down at that wedding in Louisiana .. THAT coffee
WAS strong enough to walk.. :-) But it sure was
good.. Very tasty.. That's like that sausage they
have .. boudain I think its called.. Blood sausage..
Although I didn't know it was made from that at
the time. I maybe wouldn't have tasted it.. but
I'm glad I did cuz it was really good.. I cant and
really don't like spicey foods.. HOT stuff ...

I like some Mexican stuff that's mild.. but those
hot peppers? Noooo.. One of the guys that worked
for us was Puerto Rican, Julio. now HE could eat
some REALLY hot stuff.. only one time did I see
him almost explode from eating a super hot pepper..
We had done a tree job.. he spotted the garden
and the small peppers growing.. He took one... wiped
it off and took a bite.. saying he knew they were
hot..but he ate it anyway.. Well.. I saw that man
turn 4 shades of red.. spit for the next 3 hours
and I bet he drank 6 gallons of water... His eyes
almost crossed and I got really worried.. :-)

The pepper was a kind that was used for making
spices .. MIXED.. not pure.. He almost blew a fuse..
Taught him not to raid gardens though! He did
survive.. I'm glad, he was my best tree climber !
He didn't do any climbing the rest of that day!


Penny got us all clean, which we werent too messy.
Today we made half a Cornish hen on some corn
bread stuffing.. Put the stuffing down first..
then laid the hen on top and its now in the oven..I
may ask Penny to make some scalloped potatoes..
Doesn't that sound good? I'm hungry too.. :-)

SO.. you know what that means.. Time for this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE to post this and to go and
have my lunch... BUT.. I shall return!! :-)


Always, Lois ****


God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well hey ... things look good in the kitchen. I think of you often and hope life continues on the sunny-side for you.

    d

     
  • At 3:46 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    I use a 15 oz. Bialetti, a stainless steel espresso top of the stove model. Every 2 years I get a new gasket $1.00 or 2 dollars. I brew Colombian espresso - it is good to excellent. yummy!!!

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya d.. :-)
    I have a great kitchen..very big.. Good to hear from you :-)

    Hiya Momar!
    That does sound good.. You have lots of specialty shops there in Brooklyn.. we dont here.. I wish.

    So nice to hear from you ! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker