ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

~Carmel Corn ~ :-)


I'm miserable today. My eyes hurt to open them. I don't plan
to stay up for long.. Penny is here and we are all clean and
shes making a nice beef roast for me that will be good today
AND tomorrow too :-) Specially if I have the energy to make
fries to go with the good gravy I know that roast is gonna make.
I need to remember to ask Penny to change out the grease in
my deep fryer though.. I made some breaded onion rings that
sure messed up the oil in my deep fryer.. I have a really nice
one that has a lid so it doesn't splash all over...I usually only
make fries in it but I wanted to try the onion rings they looked
SO good.. But sadly I couldn't eat them. Some, yes, but with
no bottom plate I cant eat anything hard.. I miss lots of stuff
specially popcorn.. I love Carmel corn.. :-)

Its another rainy damp cold day AGAIN.. and I sure can tell..
I have the worst headache and if my toes werent already gone,
as bad as they hurt- I would seriously consider cutting them
off myself.!. No. I wouldn't but that tells you how badly my right
stump is hurting.. I think this rain has a lot to do with it..

When Penny was here Monday I had her add 2 more comforters
to my bed and then the sheepskin.. Let me tell you .. It HELPS!
And ALOT! Only way it could be improved is if the top comforter
was satin.. I could slide and move around a lot easier.. To move
on or off my bed is very strenuous.. My bed is a tad lower than
my power chair so when I back into it..it involves LIFTING as well,
not just the pulling myself backwards.. This transferring is NOT
easy.. I worry about that.. What if I did have some more heart
problems.. After my triple bypass I wasn't allowed to do anything
with my arms for 10 weeks ! :-(


Plus.. I will admit Ive gained weight.. Penny says "No.. not much,
if any".. But I know I have, I can tell.. Harder to reach certain spots
specially if you have short arms anyway :-) Gaining weight is a
major factor in transferring.. well more I have to lift or drag around..
To get off my chair and up to the side of the bed where I sleep in
volves at least 3 to 4 turns.. depending on what I have on.. and the
material.. Silk .. I slide a lot better.. But its NOT easy.. and to get
on or off I have to turn totally around.. :-) Joys of chair life :-)


Well I have to stop writing it does NOT help this GORGEOUS
WEEBLE'S sore eyes.. So I'm gonna post this, tell Penny bye
and wait for lunch to finish cooking then its relaxing on my bed
with hopefully a good movie on HBO.. which I doubt.. Just
remember.. I shall return! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Bob hip surgery is 25 of this month, he also has a appointment the 17 and 19...all trips out of town and the surgery will be out of town too...having so much work done on our car make it real hard on us right now...Yes that new started they put on the car has to be replaced...We had to call our daughter to get us back home from the Dr offices... it's about 35 miles from Coffeyville...
    Those other trips we are going to use Beth Van till we are sure they get our car fixed right...No fun to call for Help to get us a ride and the car back home...
    Having to miss church again tonight.
    God bless you Lois.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    So sorry to hear about the car trouble.. Wish I could help. Joys of small town living.. most of the major drs are up in Kalamazoo at Borgess or Bronson Hospitals.. 2 of the best in Michigan .. :-)

    I hope things improve my friend :-)
    Good to hear from you ...
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker