ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, November 25, 2012

~Not a Happy Holiday~


We got snow yesterday..and it was cold.
Poor GrayBelle, her little ears were just
freezing.. Whenever I open the door, she
will scoot right in if I don't catch her..
Shes a sweet cat but shes filthy and has
gotten something on her and I have to
change clothes after I hold her, its so
bad.. Shes been here since the day I
arrived here so that's 4 years now...I'm
trying to fatten her up for winter..

I had a very sad thanksgiving.. My
brother Kenny died at 8:30 that
morning, he was 73.. He had a massive
stroke a few days before and didn't
come out of it.. There was a photo of
him in the newspaper obit.. I didn't even
recognize him.. but then Ive not seen him
in over 9 years, even though he only lived
an hour away, so does my other brother,
Frank.. Kenny is in a better place...

As for me, well I start every day off
lately with a nitro.. I found that if I
put one under my tongue, before I
start all the moving, after I drag my
self into my chair, I take one and it
sure helps! These attacks are getting
more and more frequent and I had a
really bad one last Tuesday during the
night about 3 or so.. scared me... My
nurse came the next day, she could
tell something was wrong by just looking
at me, I was very pale she said... So I
keep my nitros handy and my Dr said he
was gonna get the nitro patch for me, I
still can take the pills if I have to... I'm
gonna try it...

Its so maddening watching myself just
go downhill.. I cant even lift a gallon jug
of water...If I move around a lot, or lift,
just peeling and cutting up potatoes, it
will make me have chest pains... This
ticker is slowing down... Penny cooked
a turkey Wednesday with all the trim
mings, it was great.. we ALL enjoyed it..

I am getting the joystick fixed and new
batteries for my chair in a week.. I have
to use a pen now to stick into the hole
where the rubber button was to turn this
on and off.. Then when the fix it guy
comes hes going to put these batteries
into my old chair for me so I have a
backup power chair instead of a manual,
which I just couldn't do now I know...so
I'm glad.. I'm always afraid when I stick
that pen in there I'm gonna zap myself :)

Time for a cuppa tea, I'm not drinking
as much coffee, its not sitting good, so
I have some Yorkshire tea, straight from
the UK, my friend Audrey sent it, and Its
better than Liptons!! Its just wonderful...
I have a cup every night when I'm done
for the day and watching TV.. :) Its helping
me stay this GORGEOUS WEEBLE :)..

Y'all keep well and God Bless...
Always, Lois ****

   "God Bless You", is my prayer today,
  I'm so honored to call you "friend"
  I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
      until I write again.....

2 Comments:

  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger Sybil said…

    Sorry to read about your brother my dear friend...as you say he is at rest now..and who of us would not love to be in our loving Fathers arms enveloped in his love..I know we always are but just to be there in his presance..what a wonderful thought...
    Glad you are getting the chair sorted out I have had trouble with mine as well I had to have new batteries and joy stick thingy..what a cost though nearly had a heart attack myself..£266...not sure what that is in dollars..money conversion not very good !! but we get aprox $1.50 to our £1..Hoping you have a better day today...
    love always Sybil xxx

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It is not a happy time for you right now I know and I have you in my prayers. I am in awe of your strength in dealing with all your set backs. God is with you for sure. Please rest when you can and rely on those that help you. So glad the chair is going to be taken care of. Warm Hugs..Lois L

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker