ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, December 14, 2012

~Im Back~

I am back home after one of scareyist times ive
ever gone thru... I woke Thursday morning and I
sat on my bed thinking, "hmmm I feel good today".
Id been having attacks almost daily for weeks...
So when I woke up and nothing hurt and I wasn't
throwing up, I'm happy!!!

I got to my computer, reached to turn it on and
it hit so fast and violently and grew steadily worse.
I had no choice but to hit my button, my phone rang,
All I could say was "help me"... and that's the last I
remember till being tossed around in the ambulance
going 800 miles an hour down the road and with 2
people , one on each side stabbing my arms to try to
get an IV in.. I had no pulse and they couldn't get a
blood pressure, the stuck my finger and there was
no blood....

I remember being rolled into the ER in Sturgis...and
seeing dozens of people around me, this little lady
came pushing thru and cut my clothes off my body,
I laid there naked, while they stabbed my arms
more to get an IV they got the blood and found I
was 2 pints low and my sugar, which I'm NOT diabetic
was at 387.. They got me stable until they could transport
me to Borgess... If I hadnt responded as well they were
going to take me by helicopter..

So, I'm in Borgess, and, well its not the best hospital
in the world.. They did a scope and found a big
ulcer and THOUGHT that's where the bleed was
from...my blood count was stable when I left.. They
decided to do an echo of my heart because I am too
high risk for a heart cath,  my heart is at 32%...

They put me on 4 new pills to try to control my heart,
they couldn't do a pace maker as my veins and arteries
are too bad.. so I have a new med to control that and I'm
on some special stuff to heal the ulcer..

I say "Thank you LORD, IM HOME!"... My cats have cried
since I rolled in the door and they have not left my side
since.. I have both up here on my desk now while I write
this.... Penny said they cried the whole time.. when she
walked thru the door every day to feed them they
would start to whine and kept on till she assured them
mom WILL be home!.. LB stayed in the closet up high
on the shelf and Dutch wouldn't budge from my chair..
My boys love me...

So anyhoway, I'm back but very limited and I cannot
have any stress at ALL!  Thanks to everyone for the
get well wishes and cards and phone calls.. they mean
a lot to me

Ill be back soon as I can  :)
Keep well, God Bless...

Always, Lois

4 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Sybil said…

    Oh my dear Lois, This is the first day this week that i have been in to check on you only to discover the note from your niece and now today your blog...i am so so sorry that you have been through the wars..I pray that now you are home and on new meds that you will pick up and begin to enjoy life again...you arelways in my praers, just didn't realise how desperately eeded these prayers were, Now just you please take it easy and rest plenty...God Bless
    Good Night and love Sybil xxx

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I can't even imagine how scary that was. Reading about it tells me how serious it really was. Isn't it something how our animals know when things aren't right? A real blessing that you have been given more time with all of us. We love you.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger nanajoy41 said…

    Hi Ms butterfly lady you just cant imagine how much i miss our little quips at each other. A nook is no replacement for a puter. Ive tried to make comments on gmail but writing emails are impossible.I just thought of your blog and it took me over 30 min. to get itgoing for me. Im praying for you n still look forward to checking on you..Dont know when Ill get another computer, mine crashed. bye for now...blessings to you. See ya tomorrow, love, Joyce

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya,,, thanks for coming by.. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas...
    Love n'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker