ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Coffee is SO necessary for the morning :-)

Good Morning...I didnt make it here yesterday to post..I am going to try
to post everyday..I apologize for the way these get spread out and I
HONESTLY do NOT know how they get like that !! If anyone knows..
pweeeeeese tell me..I know when you open this to read and see it
stretch a mile ahead you think OMG this lady is NUTZ Im not used
to these or that notebook thingie..and that word...I tried those and it
did the same thing..I THINK it has to do with the wrap thing up top..
If someone knows will you let ME know please. :-)

Anyway...I am so PLEASED to hear back from so many of you via
mail and messenger too... Its so wonderful to meet you and I do enjoy
the visits. This is just so fun..I wish I had done this earlier maybe
would have kept me out of trouble.. I am glad you like what I write.
I tell it like it is..I have nothing to hide..You want to know..ASK...
Every once in awhile I will even post a new photo.. I found out last
nite if they can be snagged I asked a friend to try..So I KNOW it
was..which is ok..I knew it would be..But please just do as I ask
and not post it anywhere.. I love to take pictures..One of these
days I will get a good digital. I have tons of pictures of me..of
course..hehehe..no no..well ok..a few :-) but of my cats and what
I see outside my window. Apt. buildings now..but at one time
was a huge, lovely field..just alive with animals and birds...
I stared at that field for a year before i gradually got myself
back into the land of the living...

When I moved in here I had a raging infection in my left stump.
They use staples..i had 38 in that stump. i counted them as
the nurse pulled them out..They claim they are better..well
they HURT like HELL coming out..I cried I really did. They
hurt!..it seems they cause me infections cuz why my left leg
got so bad I have NO idea.. I wanted out of that nursinghell
home SO bad. I had applied for this apt. before I lost my left
leg. So when this came open I was taking it no matter what.
I moved in Jan 11. 2002. After entering the rehab/nursing
home in september,2000. I think I am Not sure i was very ill...
They agreed if I had a nurse come 3 times a week. I did
for almost 9 months...the torture i went thru I dont think
I can even closely describe.. horrible pain. A wide gash
where the last 4 inches of the scar was wide open.. I
spent my awake time sitting by the window here in my
sewing/puter room... with my binoculars.. ( which while
they were building these apts. came in SOOO handy lol)
and watched everything I bet I knew the cars in the
parking lot of that phone company way across than they
do.lol... The first year here I remember pain.. I got my
first boy, LittleBoy, in August..wonderful cat, such a
gentleman compared to his animated brother Dutch ,
got him last year.. I named Dutch after a dear friend
in Holland that I chatted with .. I dont know what
happened to him..he just disappeared and never came
back without any reason..I dont understand that...If you
cant say Goodbye..then dont say hello....made me sad...I
really HATE to lose friends... And I have sadly. . . .

I am having my first cup of coffee..I am SO glad it was
created..I just am NOT a real good morning person..I
have to have coffee. ask my ex..lol.

I had a great day yesterday... I
had company from out of town... I have known him for
almost 3 years now, one of my very first chat friends.
He was here not far from me ,, i read that in his blog!
and told him where I was..about 2 hours south.. and
I invited him for dinner... I cooked.. I LOVE to cook.I
wish my kitchen was more suited for me but its not
The counter tops come to my armpits..and that is a
very tiring way to do anything . I keep a tv tray in the
kitchen to work on that. I made a roast with potatoes
and gravy and a vegetable ..was quite good I thought
but..you know..what was the best? I hadnt had dinner
with anyone in....Lord... 2, years? I really dont remember
and it was so nice. I enjoyed myself so much and my
friend is so sweet..very very nice..does some sort of
puter work..But It was great I hope he had a good time
to..He was a wonderful gentleman.. and I appreciated
that...I may have to have company more often...:-)
but ..sadly no one lives by me!!! not that i know anyways.

Well I cleaned yesterday really good..and I even called
and got a caregiver. they are allowing me 4 hrs a week,
to do my cleaning, shopping, errands and laundry.. I
KNOW they cannot do all that in that time..but no one
wants to work for such low pay ..6.00 an hour...and gas
like it is you cant blame them wont pay...

Well i finished my coffee..and I want to say thanks again..
and dont be afraid to leave a comment..cuz if you dont ..
well I wont know that this is being read and well THEN
i would be unhappy..i know it is and those of you that have
contacted me..was so great to meet you..As to me being a
fake..No dear,, I am real..trust me..I can give you references
lolol...I DO have a cam ..Its NOT connected, well no
thats not true..it is..but when I use it on yahoo i freeze up
and cant do anything ..same on msn..so I dont know what is
wrong..but i can use it to take pictures..which i do ..i cant
help it. I looked great yesterday..black top..and the prettiest
skirt..black with turquoise and purple splashes of color..I
HAD to take a picture..lolol...(I only wear skirts)

Twinkers,, Warren! hey guys!~ glad ya came to read...you
will have to write me a grand opening poem. Jo is a poet.
wonderful poems..and a dear friend, going thru alot of
tribulation in her life, like alot of us.

So people Im up..rollin,, and heading back to the kitchen,
getting some more coffee , and of course leaving my usual
trail of coffee on the kitchen floor..but this new chair is
SO STIFFF it drives me crooked. Then Im going to send
some replys to email I recieved..Y'all have a good day...
i think its gonna rain here.. bye now...
Always, Lois

5 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,

    I only want to tell you that I enjoy reading your posts. Keep it going.

    Greetz from Austria.

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi How are you?
    Your Blog is great.Bet youre having fun with it.

    Mike

     
  • At 4:24 AM, Blogger Holger said…

    hi lois,
    very nice site!!!

    greetz from germany

     
  • At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Coffee is such a personal thing. When I moved to Brooklyn, I found little hole in the wall coffee roasters with bags of coffee in the sales room. Hmmm, the darker coffee beans had a stronger smell and heck, I had never seen coffee in the bean, so I bought black beans and the roaster ground the coffee for a drip coffee filter. Eventually I bought an Italian steam pot. Now 50 years later, I have 2 Italian steam pots, an Electric Delonghi (Italian and a Salton electric. My daughter is a chip off the old block and has seven coffee systems and a grinder. I have 4 systems and a grinder. My biggest thrill came when she said - hey dad, this IS good coffee! Now don't get me started on coffee measuring devices.

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rex, what is a coffee steamer?
    Sounds like great coffee..I have 2
    of my mom's old percolators and they
    still work and I KNOW are over 40 yrs
    old. One is a West Bend. The coffee is
    better than the drippers that are out
    there now. They last a few months. I
    enjoy coffee but i have to admit i have never gotten the beans etc..I mite have to try that tho.
    Thanks for reading :-)
    Always,Lois

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker