ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

~Name The Bird~ :-)

There was a bird out in the yard last nite and I kinda
think it was a woodpecker. I looked thru my book and
that was the closest I could find to this bird..It had a
red spot on the back of his neck and had like a black
half round shape on his chest.
I watched him through the binoculars and his, well,
maybe hers, feathers were like a woodpeckers, black
but kinda outlined in gray.. Beautiful bird. How I happened
to notice is that he was hopping around kinda like a robin
but he was bigger so I got my trusty nocs to see just
what it was.. What ya think it is??
I have a friend, well the one that sent me the birdbook,
Ive sent the pictures on and perhaps it can be identified..
I just like to know.. The two bluejays have been here
quite often.. I havent seen the hummers much though, but
as fast as these leaves are dropping and changing maybe
they migrate? I dunno :-)
I saw one of the boys across the field, well the ones with
the 2 black labs, he was out there in his chair sitting then
when he stood up I saw he had a bow in his hands. He took
a few shots and went in.. But it reminded me that soon will
be hunting season.. Small game, then deer. David was an
avid hunter. He loved it.. I have been looking for a photo I
had of him in his hunting get up but I think I gave it to him.
I made all of his, cuz he HAD to match... :-) He was as bad
as me when it came to matching hunting gear.. I guess there
are deer police that if you don't wear all matching hunting
clothes you maybe get a ticket :-)
My Dad was a hunter too.. He loved small game which he only
hunted Grouse or Partridge as we called it.. Good eatin let me
tell you.. I have a recipe for it that would knock your socks
off its so good.. First time I fixed Partridge for David he
really enjoyed it. Of course I used my moms recipe...Dad, he
hunted deer too.. which I like venison.. mainly the ground
meat or sausage from it though or the back straps.. :-)


I always get to writing about food it seems :-) I guess cuz
by the time I finish writing and posting this I'm always a
tad hungry.. My son made perogies yesterday that were so
good I did the same thing.. All I said was "M M M". I'm
getting spoilt here having a cook :-) But this GORGEOUS
WEEBLE sure is enjoying it :-) Warning time "I shall be
back!" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks! :-)
Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 2:02 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    I hunt for my meat in a supermarket My latest dish is Tex-Mex Kasha. You think of Kasha as being a Central European food. I add Cumin, Red Bell Peppers Kidney beans and tomatoes.

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    hi Momar,
    Ive heard of kasha but ive not tried it. I cant eat spicey foods.. They dont agree with me.. Some spices give me fits.. :-)
    Good to hear from you.. Keep well!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker