ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, December 21, 2009

~Gift Box~

I got a call yesterday from a lady with the Catholic
church here in town. She said she has a Christmas
gift box for me. They will deliver it today!.. This is
so wonderful. She didn't say what was in it but I
love surprises :-) I cant wait to see what it is :-)

Penny made it today, bearing gifts of peanut butter
and chocolate fudge :-) She makes THE BEST fudge.
I really NEED fudge you know :-) As Raife calls it,
fudge might possibly be a "chair shrinker" :-) When
Penny left Friday, LB howled and whined for hours
after she left. She brushes him a lot when she is
here and that's one of his very best favorite things.
So needless to say when he heard her come thru
the door this morning he was right here :-) Dutch I
think is jealous and hes not being nice to Penny at
all, in fact every time she goes to reach and pet him
he dodges and raises his foot like hes gonna slap her.
Kids, they are so unpredictable.. :-)

We are having meat pie today. Its been quite a while
since we made one. Penny went to the store as I was
just about out of water. I cant drink the water here,
its too bleachy.. and tastes awful. She got some sun
flower seeds too, I think the birds will be happy. I
got a movie for Christmas from a very dear friend
that I am most anxious to see, "Julie & Julia". I saw
the previews on TV and it looks really good.. Julia
Child was a great, but sloppy cook. I watched a show
of hers one day where she set the whole kitchen on
fire :-) She was good.. I am going to try to watch it
this afternoon....

Penny is back and this GORGEOUS WEEBLE needs
to help with the prep for the meat pie. BUT! I
Shall Return~!~ :-)

Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    I got my sister old computer on the internet now...but no sound it make yet...don't know what wrong yet with it...
    No more library for me, as long as it keep working half way right...I do miss the sound...I do like the music that come with some mail...
    Have a merry time playing wiht the snow Lois...just don't send any snow my way OK.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    When the weather gets bad I cook a lot. Call it Blizzard mentality. This week I made my tex-mex kasha with hickory barbeque sauce, and turnip soup. we had 11" (about 25cm) of snow saturday night.

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary~!!
    Wonderful~! Go into control panel to sound.. maybe the speakers are shut off. Or your sound card is bad. You might can get one from the website of the computer... I accidentally deleted mine, thats how I got one :-) Good luck... I promise to not send snow, however watch your mail :-)

    Hiya Momar....
    Ya thats one of the good things to do on a snow day :-) lol...kasha? i dunno that stuff.... we only got about 2 to 3 inches, but are expecting a storm over christmas thats gonna be bad they say..

    So nice to hear from you!!!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker