ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, December 20, 2009

~Snow Blowin~

We got a bit of snow, nothing compared to what they
got out on the east coast. NYC always gets hammered.
Ive not heard from Momar so I hope he is ok, hes right
in the middle of it being in Brooklyn. I was worried for
a while about Penny coming tomorrow and the driveway
being pretty snowy plus the end of it where the city
plows have made more to dig thru. I heard a noise and
looked out and there was Carl on his snow blower. He
did my driveway, I was hoping he would turn and come
down the sidewalk to the back porch here so Penny
wouldn't have to do it. She has the snow shovel in her
car so she knows she may have to.. I'm glad she doesn't
mind.. She doesn't have snow boots which she should.
She wears her sneakers and then takes them off when
she gets in here and wears her slippers she brought
here last year, the floor is too cold to go bare or even
stocking feet. I can feel the boys little feet sometimes
when they come by me and even their little ones are
cold...
I got up during the night and this snow we got is so
heavy that its weighing down the pine tree branches.
There is a yard light on the garage that lights up
this whole place so there is no need even for night
lights here. The branch being so low that yard light
hit it and it was just beautiful last nite. I went up to
the door to just sit for a few minutes to enjoy how
wonderful it was.. The snow was so sparkly and just
shining. I looked at the ground and saw tiny foot
prints that one set looked like rabbits, the other
was more round that I would say was a cat. It made
me think of the Night Before Christmas story....
"the moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow gave
lustre of mid-day to objects below". It was so pretty
I'm glad I had to get up :-) I wish I could have taken
a photo...
I did get a couple during the snow of the birds at the
feeder post. I want to get some sunflower seeds, Ive
seen the tittiebird out there a few times and I KNOW
he loves sunflower seeds and so does the cardinal.. I
think I may have Penny put the birdbath over farther
under the tree and put birdseed in it.. Being under the
tree more may help keep snow out of it.. I had thought
of keeping water in the birdbath but it will freeze and
since Penny only comes every other day that's the only
time it can be checked.
I didn't do too much of anything yesterday and I have
no real plans to do anything today either. I was surprised
I havent heard from Rebecca, she was sposta have been
here Friday, so I hope shes ok. I don't want to have to
deal with anyone else from there. Shes the nicest one I
think.. plus she does a really good job. She has her hands
full with a full time job and a 5 year old. I will probly get
a call from her tomorrow.

Out of news for today, I have only sneezed once and I
am sitting most comfy and this GORGEOUS WEEBLE
says "Thank you Lord". :-) I love when I feel ok.. I am
SO enjoying my snail mail AND email with all the wonder
ful Christmas greetings I am receiving.. Thanks SO
much!... Makes me feel kinda special :-) Post time for
this, BUT! I Shall Return! :-)

Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, beautiful lady, I love the snow too ... the fresh snow ... it turns the old grubby neighborhood into something mystical ... mysterious ... new ... fresh and loverly.

    And say listen ... new bird on the feeder ... look up Dark-eyed Junco ...

    yeah!

    d

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Jordan23Shoes said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:12 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya d.. :-) good to hear from you!
    I will look up the bird :-)
    Love N'Hugs
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker