ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

~I Miss Some Shots~

Cardinal on the corn... and the walkerguy..
I had the best time this morning watching
the birds.. The cardinal was just beautiful up
against the white snow.. This camera takes at
least a minute after I turn it on- to turn off the
flash, then zoom in.. I miss lots of pictures
because of that.. Sometimes the birds go so
fast and by the time I get all set to snap.. they
are gone.. :-) I wish there was a way to plug
the camera in so it stays at the ready.. But
after a few minutes if I don't take a picture
this camera will shut off... I miss lots of shots
because of that.. We got a little snow last nite too!
Which we REALLY needed :-) NOT !! :-)
I take all these pictures of the birds and critters
just to put them here.. after that I don't really
have a need for them.. I went through my files
yesterday after I posted.. and well.. I have TOO
many photos .. especially of ME!! The file size said
279 MB ... that's ALOT.. :-) I went through and
deleted ALOT of my pictures... I have NO need
for them... :-)
Blue Jay...
You see the guy in the photo... he walks EVERY
day.. I think he walks all the way to the grocery
store.. So does Carl.. they walk at different times
though.. Ive seen this walker guy every day ever
since I moved in here.. When I DONT see him
I wonder where he is !! Hes not missed too many
days...
I was so glad to see that Joe sent someone to
clear the snow from the mailboxes... Its such a
shame that my neighbors don't take responsibility
for theirs.. I wish Joe would move mine away from
the others.. They don't want their mail.. fine.. but I
want mine.. I don't like the bills.. but I DO get
other goodies in the mail.. Its SO VERY nice to
get goodies :-)

Rebecca phoned, she will be here tomorrow for
her visit.. She asked to come about 4 or so.. when
she comes up here to pick up her little boy.. I
really don't like appointments that time of day
but.. its easier for her, so I make an exception..
Shes very good to me.. So when people are good
to me.. I will bend my rules :-) Well depends what
the rule is :-) By late afternoon I'm tired.. I just
want to sit and relax and watch TV.. That time of
day there isnt a lot on but sometimes I will put
in a movie and watch that..

Anyhoway.. I feel pretty good.. well except for
being cold.. my stumps are cold all the way up to
my hips...and I just don't know why.. I do keep
it kinda cool in here, but.. I have to.. What wakes
me up a lot is when my hands and lower arms get
REALLY cold.. They feel sometimes like they are
just frozen solid.. Ive asked Penny to feel my
hands how cold they are, shes amazed at what
she feels, the coldness.. Other than that.. I do
feel pretty good.. THANK YOU LORD!!! :-)

Post time and lunch time.. I'm kinda hungry.. just
left overs from yesterday.. the penne pasta with
sauce.. Classico of course.. that stuff is so good..
Penny got us all clean and laundered, so we are
good till Friday.. Penny showed me her engagement
ring she got last nite from Mike.. Shes a happy
camper.. Ive not met him.. but from what she says
hes a nice guy.. He better be or he will answer to
me !! Shes a good woman and deserves the best..
They have been a couple for quite a while now..
No wedding date yet though... Smart girl :-) I am
NOT an advocate for marriage.. :-)

Ok, I'm done for today.. Mary, I hope you are ok..
and all went well... Ive not heard from her so I am
hoping she is doing ok.. In the meantime.. just
remember... I SHALL return!! :-)

Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW lot of snow pictures, sure glad we don't have any on the ground...We had maybe 1/2 inche on the car Monday morning but not on the ground...was very please with that...I was home and in bed by 11:10 A.M.umbillical hernia and gallbladder out...'doc said the biggest stones he every seen' and I'm doing great...so very please they didn't keep me there.
    Good to be back on the computer again.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Your nature pics just get better and better! Well done.
    You know what they say about cold hands? "Cold hands, warm heart" I'm sure that applies to you!!!
    Of course, what you need is a nice warm guy to warm your little legs and hands on. I'd better book my flight right away!!!!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:00 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary!!
    WOW !!! amazing what they can do now...so glad it went well.. :-) We are snowed.. lol.. and snowing now as I write this.. joys of winter :-)

    Hiya Raife !
    Thanks !!! Almost as good as YOU! ;-) I get a new camera and look out I might get there !! ;-)
    I hear airfare is VERY cheap right now :-D..

    So very good to hear from you!!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker