ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

~BackAches~ :-(

I woke up with a worse backache .. its not any
better, in fact to even move it hurts.. Its up
high.. I'd say half way between my ribs.. At
times to even take a deep breathe it hurts..
I am trying different ways to lay down but I
think the more I try to find a good way the
worse this is getting!! I'm not used to having
back aches.. hips yes.. but the only time I can
remember my back, ribs hurting was after I
had surgery and they had to drain some fluids
from my lung or somewhere.. THAT was fun.
Sticking a needle into my ribs..

I saw on TV now where they have new stitches
for surgeries.. they dissolve.. I know it terrifies
me if I even THOUGHT I had to go back for
surgery and they were going to put more of those
horrible staples.. Well.. I wouldn't let them.. If
you have never had them.. DONT .. ask before you
have surgery how they plan to close you up.. I
think they hurt more being taken out than the
actual surgery itself.. The most I had of them
from one surgery was 56.. and I cried with every
one.. Even the nurse felt bad and she had no
choice but to take them out.. She apologized after
every one.. I told her it wasnt her fault.. But, I
sure hated that she felt she had to.. She couldnt
help hurting me..


They say they were or are better, less chance of
infection.. I disagree.. Every time I had staples,
the wound got infected.. and I mean EVERY time.
I had some of the worst infections after they
were taken out and I truly believe its because of
the way they rip them out.. just like a staple remover
you keep on your desk ! They are NOT a good thing.
I sure hope that's true about these new stitches.. I
saw too that some are using super glue!...ANYTHING
is better than staples.. Whom ever it was thought of
them should have to have 300 of them put in and
removed.. I bet they would THEN wish they hadnt
invented them!!

Anyhoway... I forgot to plug my chair in last night
so I cant roll around too much I only have 2 power
gauge thingies lit up.. I don't like getting too close
to the red.. So I might just go back in the bedroom
and charge up for a while.. then come back out and
find some lunch.. I just want this back ache to go
away,


So.. with all that said.. this GORGEOUS WEEBLE
is posting this early and gonna go get charged up
and hopefully get some back relief...BUT!! I Shall
Return!! :-)

Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    My staples gave me no problem at all, but was glad to get them out.
    I did take a pain pill just in case so I wouldn't have any problem either...
    Trying to get ready for Bob surgery on Thursday...hoping not having to get up to early that morning for surgery...
    The snow is just about all gone, the weather has been great.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 5:22 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I'm sorry to hear about the back. Sounds like you've put a disc out. If you can find someone to give you a bit of massage, this might help. It helps 'er indoors when she gets a disc a bit out of line. Massage helps her to relax and that often lets the disc resume its proper alignment.
    Take care, Honey. I sympathise, I had back problems, so I know how much it hurts.
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    Im sure glad they didnt.. Mine were awful.. I dont take any kind of pain medication at all.. I havent for years.. Some times I wish I DID have something here, but I dont.. Hope all goes well for Bob..

    Hiya Raife ! :-)
    Im tired of this back of mine.. if its not the upper back its the lower! I cant win!! I need a "special' nurse lol..

    So nice to hear from you!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker