ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

~New Pool~ :-)

The digger is there at the back of the house...its yellow, must be a CAT :-)
The neighbors are putting in a pool ! Those 2
kids over there are so fortunate.. I didn't see
the trucks over there till Penny came and told
me.. :-) They have a boy and a girl.. that I have
seen.. The boy is most active... Hes always out
there hitting a ball or throwing a foot ball then
he will run and get it and he has big fun all by
himself.. It surprises me though cuz there is a
boy that lives next door.. the house with the
6 kids and 3 or 4 dogs :-) across from them
next door to me :-) But those 2 boys I never
have seen them play together.. Ive watched
as the corner boy just stands out there and
hes seeing this other kid.. Maybe they just
don't get along .. they look the same age..
My caseworker from APS phoned me at 6:40
last evening.. wanting to come by.. I was NOT
pleased.. She wanted to drop off some papers
and do her 6 month checkup.. I told her I was
already out of my chair, but since she was already
up in this area I would get back up... Normally I
wouldn't.. She sure was working late... TOO late.
That's really NOT a good time to make a visit.
I thought DHS/APS closed at 4.. what they say
anyway.. I know how over loaded these case workers
are.. I was told they each have over 300 clients
and she told me last nite there is NO money for
them to help us get something we might need, like
they used to.. Its really sad.. I'm grateful I have
most everything I need.. for now anyway..
We, as in Penny and I have decided I have allergies.
She watched AND heard me cough, sneeze, my eyes
go totally watery.. and my nose getting totally blocked.
Its allergies.. Ive never had them before.. but that
has no bearings.. you can get them anytime.. So I guess
I can add that to MY list of ... crap.. :-) always some
thing.. I know I sure am tired of this headache!! :-)
How long do allergies last anyway? :-) I can ask the
boy.. Donnies suffered for years with them...

This has been a very busy week.. Carla on Monday,
and Bill & Barb.. My caseworker yesterday.. plus
Penny.. and tomorrow Rebecca said she is coming
by.. I stay SO busy! No wonder I'm tired :-) Ive
been working on my budget so I can get some
bedding plants for outside.. There is a cement
container by the front door that we, no.. PENNY
planted last year with white impatients.. Was so
pretty so Penny is gonna do the same this year..
I spent my this month extra on the birdbath,
but this month is almost over.. and I think I can
squeeze it out of next month.. I'm hoping since
its warmer my gas bill will go down :-) I havta
make up my 'plan of attack'.. :-)

Penny is making us some Manwiches today with
potato chips.. I saw them advertise it on TV
and it looked SO good.. The Hunts Manwiches.
I have a WONDERFUL recipe that is my mothers
but we just didn't feel like digging it out and
these are very good... My recipe is for BBQ
sauce :-) it is kinda easy..but this is easier :-)
Penny has been busy today trying to make a
better padding on my bed. THICKER .. putting
more quilts on it.. I wish I had a satin one to
put on it.. Would make my transfer and moving
around my bed so much easier for me.. The
silk or satin would slide so nice.. Specially if I
had a silk nightie on too.. I probly would slide
right OFF the bed! :-) No.. I get into the middle
with my pillows in a sort of U shape..and I scoot
up into the middle of that U with my arms on
each side, pillows under neath.. the U is shaped
by pillows.. :-) Only way I could fall off my bed
is if I backed up wrong into my wheel chair..
the top of that U is where my chair is.... I have
almost done that though.. backed up wrong.. I
caught myself just in time :-) Falling from my
bed to the floor I think I could seriously hurt
something if I did that.. So.. I aint gonna :-)

What this GORGEOUS WEEBLE IS gonna do
is go out and eat one of those manwiches tho..
Smells so good in here, and I'm hungry as usual.
It is lunch time.. And IM LATE posting this..
BUT.. better late than never.. Remember.. I
SHALL return! :-)

Always, Lois ****


God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    I had a pool for a while, it was a lot of extra work...worry all the time that a neightbor kids might get drown while we were gone or asleep...we put a fence around it and keep it lock unless we were using it...Our children had so much fun with it for a few years...

    Going on a trip with the church on Thursday, will be nice to get some rest from all the work this month...my arms are a bit sore from cleaning that oven today...I got the hard cleaning done at Becky...I will shampoo all the carpets when she get all move out...
    I didn't check to see if they got Becky floor done in the new place yet, it were they took out the hot tub...when they get that done I will clean that room again and then get her move in...
    Hoping May will be a quiet month for me. Hey I might go fishing, I use to fish before I got so many babies in the house...
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:24 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    A pool is nice, I wont go into a public one .. But they are nice :-)
    Their kids are older and Ive not seen any little little ones around... but safety is a big issue..

    I hope you enjoy your trip! So nice to hear from you :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker