ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, June 12, 2010

~Story Time~ :-)

The Man In the Head Dress
There was a lake outside of town, that everyone went to in the summer.
And in the winter too I think .. to ice fish.. It was a great fishing lake..In
fact I caught a 32 inch Northern Pike out of that lake when I lived up there
in 89...Growing up.. I spent a lot of summers riding my bike out there,
it wasn't that far from home...Maybe 3 or 4 miles. I'm not good with
distance.. It twernt far anyways..It was Ice Lake Road...It was well travelled.
It was a short cut from the main highway to go to where I lived with out
having to go all the way down into Iron River and have to go up that hill,
that connected to Stambaugh, where I lived.. ..

Every Friday night my mom and dad ever since I was a little girl we
went to McKinney's Restaurant that was on Ice Lake.. On the way
there at a sharp right turn in the road and right at that corner the
man that lived there would sit in his lawn chair ...every day.. I know
he was there every time I went by! always a wave and smile..But,
he wore, no one knew why..


When I rode with my parents..my dad would notice and say.."There
he is.. I wonder why he wears that Indian headdress?" My mom
would remind my dad that the guy was kinda.."special"..He was
there, but most times only in person if you know what I mean..But
he always wore that kids Indian headdress, with the feathers in it..
And he would wave at every car that went by.. And every time we
went by.. my parents said the same thing... I thought it :-)

We were on our way to a Friday fish fry, going down that road..
When we got to that corner, the man was gone.. No one said
anything.. The next few times none of us mentioned that the
'man in the headress' was gone.. but finally one day my dad
said.."Hes gone.. I kinda miss that guy, waving every time I
went by.. always a smile for everyone.. " but then he added...
"I wish now, I HAD taken the time to stop and say Hello back
to him.. to let him know I appreciated that he took the time to
sit there and wave to me..even though I bet he didn't know he
was there half the Time, I wonder how many others that didn't
take the time he took, are saying the same thing.."...

Moral of this story? When you see something and think "I SHOULD"
trust me.. you SHOULD... you will make someone else feel better
AND your self.. :-) Don't wait till theyre gone..to let them know...Turn
the "I Should" into "I'm glad I did"... :-)

Like my story?: this is true.. very true. I remember the guy.. wasn't
very old..well gray headed..but he always had that kids Indian head
dress on.. but always waved and smiled at every car.. I think everyone
just expected him to be there ..sad when he wasn't... I bet if a few
of the cars. us included had stopped he might have felt better....We
at least waved back .. I hope it made him feel good. I was told later
when I thought about this- my dad said he wore it to be noticed.
How could he not be seen?

I hadnt put a story here for awhile..thought it was time.. Its another
rainy, but warm day here.. Sposta clear up.. Be nice, I think the
water festival is going on in Three Rivers.. That's a nice outing..
My outing is to the kitchen to make some lunch.. I don't know
really what I want but this GORGEOUS WEEBLE always finds
some thing..just like I always return :-) Happy Weekend..

Always, Lois ****

.



"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:05 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Love the story! Think I'll make a copy of it for my Vicar - it would surely make a good sermon. That's if you are agreeable?
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 12:41 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    Yes, please give it to him. Im glad you liked it.. Good to hear from you!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a job traveling central Illinois for the Gates Rubber Co.

    I went all over and never did much of anything because no one ever told me what I was to do.

    So, I remember hitting LaSalle IL on a regular basis and I would buy a nice sandwich at a popular deli and go to a park overlooking the river with a railroad track running by and I would to eat my lunch and think cerulean thoughts.

    One time as I sat there this boy came up. I’d say 12 years old. Dressed in a cowboy hat, plaid shirt, blue jeans with chaps a neck
    bandana and two cap pistols in holsters, one each side of his hips. An interesting sight.

    I said hello. I don’t recall he said anything. He was just there until a slow freight came rolling along. As each car went by he shouted out a number, like: “55649931”

    I thought that was odd so I asked around about him and was told some people from the U of I came over to catch the cowboy’s performance and they noticed the boy’s shouting seemed to be connected to the box car serial numbers … after lost of fussing about they discovered he was squaring the box car serial number, multiplying it by itself.

    IQ maybe 65

    Mysterious indeed are the ways of the Lord.

    d

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker