ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

~Thanks Dad~

There was a time when dads day upset
me and I didn't want to think about it. I
guess you could say I was a "Daddys
Girl" . My dad was a very special man.
He was loving and kind and taught me
well. I didn't know when he was teaching
me about life and living, back when I
was young, that the lessons he taught
me would help me as much as they do,
even to this day. To my dad, right was
right, wrong was wrong, and that is one
of his teachings that I hold to, to this day.
He taught me how to care and love people.
To always show respect to others and when
I did that, I would get the same in return. I
think I owe my ability to accept what life
gives me, to him. He taught me that perhaps
things would not be as I wanted but to wait
and have patience, trust in the Lord and I
would survive. That has served me well.
I truly believe if my dad hadnt taken the
time to teach me that I wouldn't have even
made it as long as I have, and most
certainly not accepted and gotten on with
my life when I lost my legs. Dads motto
was always look to the bright side, there
is good in everything if you look hard
enough.

Losing both legs, of course, is not a
great thing to happen to anyone, but I
think if I hadnt had my dads teaching I
wouldn't look to the bright side of this.
Look at all the new wonderful friends ive
come to know, I would never have gotten
them if I hadnt lost my legs. This has
increased my faith, I trust in the Lord to
lead me where I need to go and what I
have to do. I think that in some ways I
have inspired others, that being a amputee
is not the end of their world, that life goes
on and its up to each of us to make our
world what WE want and need it to be,
and it can be done. Nothing in life is easy
but if we try, we can do it. I say "thanks
Dad".....

I have no plans for today other than to
make some lunch. I feel pretty good, no
headache today for this GORGEOUS
WEEBLE, and trust me I am MOST
grateful.. Happy Dad's day, keep well
and God Bless..

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    I hope you had a great day.
    We had a wonderful family reunion Saturday...and I got everything done that I needed to do...needing to get rest up now. Both Sunday service was wonderful...
    We did call the police on kids that won't get out of the street when thy play basketball. no way of getting around them and the parent are watching and don't care...one of these day someone going to get hurt...at times there are speeding car that loves to run down this street...wish that would be stop too.
    "that life".
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Im glad your reunion was a sucess. Kids need to be supervised. Its nice they are outside but they need a park.

    Good to hear from you
    Love n'hugs,
    Lois ****

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are a beautiful lady and let me tell you that beauty is a matter of the spirit as well as of the flesh ... yes.

    d

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker