ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, July 18, 2011

~Eaten Sun Petals~

Something has eaten all the petals
off the sunflowers! I have no idea
what! The finches will be pleased
they don't have to work around them
but they arent as pretty for me! :-)
The red arrows show the ones fixin
to bloom..
Woke up to rain this morning and we
are under the gun for storms this
afternoon.. I can hardly wait! Ya,
right! The grass does need it tho.
The lawn looks awful its so dry.
I don't have a hose or sprinkler
plus the fact I couldn't reach it
to turn it on or off anyway.
I had thought once I get my deck
I want a table for out there, but
I cant have one with an umbrella
like I had in Elkhart on my lanai.
I couldn't leave it up all the time
with the storms and just be no
way I could close it up. But I will
get one of those umbrellas that
can clip onto my chair, that will
work. Donnie will be here tonite
or tomorrow to pour the cement
and put in the posts. I told Penny
that when I leave this place I'm
taking it with me or Donnie has
instructions to take it if I die. I'm
not leaving it here for my landlord
that's for sure, and it wont be
attached to the house so it could
be moved

Today Penny is making some sketti
sauce, we havent had it in awhile.
I had her pick up some pringles
potato chips as LB LOVES them.
When I open the can he hears it
no matter where he is and comes
running, then I have to sit there
and feed them to him one at a time.
He usually eats about 3 of them. :-)
Hes spoiled.

I was telling Penny of how I had to
learn to make Italian food. My first
hubby, Danny, the father of my 2
sons was Italian and Hungarian. His
dad was full Italian, and the whole
family loved to eat. My next door
neighbor was Mr and Mrs Rossi.
She was a wonderful cook and taught
me how to make pasta. Mr Rossi was
a wine maker of Dego Red, talk about
some killer wine! We loved to go over
there and visit cuz Mr Rossi always
said "you wanna taste of my wine?"
He would give us a water glass full
and MMM it was good.

Well this has drugged on, I better
post this and get ready for spaghetti,
well rotini. I'm still a GORGEOUS
WEEBLE ! Keep well and God Bless..

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    We need rain too, praying it will be just rain.
    Yep something has been eating your petals alright...
    We don't have much water pressure here, it take a long time to water anything and Bob does that...
    What in your sketti sauce?

    I needed something tonight for my veg, broccoli& carrot steamed, it just needed a little sauce but I didn't know what..a little butter is all it got....I wanted gravy for my chicken...no way was I going to do that...but it sounded so good.
    Trying to keep our weight under control.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    It rained last night.Im glad.
    Try using dill weed, it brings out
    the flavor of veggies.I sprinkle it
    on my canned green beans, Yummy
    Good to hear feom you!
    Love n'hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker