ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, April 08, 2012

~Happy Easter~


Happy Easter.. and its a beautiful day here.. Not
real warm but just nice.. Ive been out on my deck
so many times already and I love it. The wood gets
warm and the outsiders LOVE it too. I looked out there
one day when it was in the 80s, yes, already! There
were cats all over my deck laying in the sun. Donnie
did good on it.

I got a new 23 inch monitor, a dear friend got it for
me.. Its wonderful.. I don't even have to squint to
read something :-) What was so great is that the
cords to my other fit this one, I just had to unplug
them, and hook them to the new one... Its an ACER.
It came from Tiger Direct.. That is one of THE
best for getting electronics online..And fast service.
I use them to get everything I need for this puter
and I get ink from them for my printer... its cheaper
than buying in the stores here.

I had a few rough days last week, but I feel good
today. These attacks are to be expected, and I
can tell they are getting stronger.. I tried to cook
some pasta and sauce and by the time I was done,
I was totally exhausted. I sure hate that but I
have to learn what I can and cant do.. Even just
to transfer is not easy, forward isnt too bad,
but when I have to pull my self backwards into
my chair, that's not easy, and part of the reason
I am watching what I eat, if I gain weight that
makes it even harder to pull myself, so I need
to watch that. When I was in my manual chair
I had the arm strength from using that, now
being in this power chair, I don't use my arms
near as much, which has weakened them.. I can
still pull, push, or drag myself easily and I need
to keep it that way... :-)

I got the nicest box of candy sent to me by
my friend Catherine, FULL of candy and tea!
In the town where she lives they have a shop
full of UK stuff, the teas are from there.. I
did share some of the candy with Penny for
her grands. She made a meat pie for me Friday
and I have half left for today.. Rutabaga in it...
Big difference...

I hope you are having a nice relaxing holiday.
This GORGEOUS WEEBLE wishes you a Happy
Easter. Keep well and God Bless...

Always, Lois ****

 "God Bless You", is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend"
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
until I write again.....

2 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you had a very happy Easter Lois. I read your blog from time to time and admire your spirit.....you are indeed a gorgeous weeble!

    Love your pussy cats - we don't have a puss at the moment and I miss having a furry friend.

    Keep well and watch that BP....I know what it's like as mine does the same tricks as yours.

    Will keep an eye on your blog to see how you are.

    Maggie

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Maggie,
    Thanks for visiting and the nice words, come back anytime!
    Love, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker