ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

~Frosting~


We have frosting out side this morning..and it was only 25
degrees..or -2 C. Thats what I call when the ground is all white
and sparkly in the sun as it comes up..the trees, ground all the
rooftops..its really kinda pretty. Any live flowers still going like mums
I bet bit the dust though..thats not real warm..I took the 2 photos,
I wish that screen wasnt there..thats what makes the picture grainy,
the windows are painted shut on the inside here.. I wish they could be
opened, but I think that would be a big job. there are 2 windows in
every room so..only 8 in this house. I think once the windows
are covered right..and sealed it will nothing to heat these 4 little
rooms..There should be some sort of weatherization program ..
My friend Gray informed me on that..So I will make some phone
calls about that.. I dont mind doing what ever I have to do to
get what I really need.. Im not one to take something or do some
thing that wont benefit me just for the sake of taking or because
its free.. If I dont need it..well I wont take it..let those that DO need
what ever it is get it..Look at the ground and you can just see the
frost that was out there, I wish you could see the sparkles. This
is just a light frost..

I know I sure am ready to get my power chair up and running. This
carpet is killer..I dont know when they plan to get the runners..but
as thick as this carpet is..I dont know if that would work either..I
think the bare floor is best..Only ones walk around here in their
bare feet are the boys..and I dont think cats notice if their feet are
warm or not.. Funny. I dont have feet, legs..and they have never
seen me with any..but when someone comes here? LB is bad
about rubbing on their legs..or sticking his head in their shoes if
they take them off..He loves feet..lol..My sister in the summer time
wears these open toed sandals..LB sees her toes..and he takes
his little cold wet nose and tries to push it between her toes..drove
her NUTZ lol...he wouldnt stop..she laughed..she doesnt wear
sandals here much tho anymore either.. Stanley,,, well hes not
the greatest animal lover..he Tolerates them ..my cats especially,
he knows he has NO choice and better be nice or my sister will
RAG on him ALL the way home lol.. he did once..made the mistake
of picking Dutch up by his tail!!! I came unglued.. He was very
small..but still.. I got so mad.. I locked both cats up and told Stanley
I was protecting HIM...he mess with my boys again he was in
big trouble.. I could hear my sis just giving him all kinds of crap
about "WHY did you TOUCH that CAT! , you KNOW how she feels
about them STANLEY!!!" lol..Its funny now, back then, I was mad..
BUT I KNOW he heard it all the way home as well lol..tell him
Shirley lol... ;-)

She and I are really surprised how much we are alike even though
we hadnt been raised together and didnt meet until we were in
out 30's.. She loves to sew and craft..I do too..we are both very
accomplished seamstresses..we each have our own style you
could tell whos work is whos, we are both creative..and neither
of us..take CRAP..Ask the utility people in Elkhart..lol They knew
us both, specially the phone company for awhile it was bad..

I had to call about the bad way they installed my phone..I was
really mad,they said I should have watched the installer to make
sure he put that box thingie where I wanted..Ok..that was MY job?
no I dont think so..but the thing was..what made me so mad..is
this moron put that box thingie so I couldnt close my basement
door !!! now? HE didnt know enough to NOT put it there? Well
I called and this lady I talked to .was in the local office.. My sister
happened to be in there at the same time and this lady says..
"Some customers are just SO hard to please..never satisfied"
my sister could see the screen on her monitor,, saw it was ME,
her sister, this clerk person was talking about ..lol yeahhh.. My
sis says .."I hate to tell you this.but you should not be talking
about customers like that to another customer especially when
the one you are complaining about is my sister... " the woman
looks at Shirley , turned 4 shades or red and blue , excused
herself and left, another lady came and finished helping my
sister..LOL.. True story..lol..She is just like me..People need
to do their jobs..and do them right..and she is the same as
me with the "HEY..lets do this NOW" shes good.. I would put
her photo here but I didnt ask her..but i will, shes a good
sister..very good..I would be lost with out her ..Shes the one
stuck with me those 2 years of hell..came every week end, even
when I didnt know it or remember it.. she was there..shes one
of my blessings.. I may have them all named by tomorrow..I
dont know..im close but they dont stop..so I guess I cant name
them all can I? :-)

I made some killer sauce yesterday, like a spaghetti sauce, then
cooked it on low..its so nice at my little lower work area there in
the kitchen! Its not bad at all...My wheelchair fits up under close
to the table..and I dont have the pan in my face.. Today I added
elbow macaroni and corn to the sauce and cooked it for a
few more hours and made like a goulash.. its very good. Penny
was here today..let me tell you is my house getting cute.the kitchen?
I first saw that deep dark royal blue I said OMG..what the....and I
did NOT like it.. NOW? I do..lol...the darkness of the walls..the bright
white of the trim, doors and cabinet, windows..then I have the
yellow..bright yellow, curtains are small yellow and white gingham
check. . cute? yeahhh it is.. I happened to have a little thingie of
silk flowers of daiseys..one of my favorite flowers.. I had so many in
my garden..all heights.. I put those in a white vase, then I put the
same material table cloth on the table..I found a picture thats blue,
with daiseys..hung it above the table, you see.. Now..DONT look
at the white line still there lol..well I just didnt want to tackle the
paint thing again..but I will tomorrow..so look at that photo and then
you can see one tomorrow where the line is gone..just to prove
that I did DO it!!! lol.. well what im gonna DO now is get some
goulash , find my bed, and say Nitey Nite...

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya..and thanks ! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

3 Comments:

  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In nyc our low temperature has not dropped much below 40 degrees. (5C) I am still harvesting spinach which is a cool weather crop. I get about 8 pints a year at least.
    I grow callaloo which is Caribbean spinach and it is self seeding and it grows like a weed. I have given Callaloo seed to 2 other interested people in our food coop and next growing season, we will probably start a seed exchange.

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Love the pics, thank you. It's quite mild here, wind in the S.W. whic is a wet wind here. The River Exe is filling up nicely now - it sounds wonderfull, rushing over the rocks.
    I'm going to look up Callaloo in my Royal Horticultura Society Encyclopaedia. When I've found out what it is, perhaps Management might like to grow some. Is it as good to eat as regular spinach, Momar? Maybe with a couple of poached eggs and some butter on top?
    Take care, Honey, have a nice day, Lots of love and great big hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Momar,
    You love your spinach, does it do the same for you as it does for Popeye? lol, if it does let me know, then I will eat it too lol..is THAT where you get all your energy?? lol.. :-) I can have a garden here, just need a way to get out to it..lol.lots of room though.. Hope you have a great thanksgiving Momar.. :-)

    Hi Raife! AGAIN ;-) lol...
    You have such a wonderful garden spot, so lovely, and grow so many things you will run out of room. lol. Poached eggs and spinach? hmmm naaa ..I'll pass on that, I dont like spinach or greens n collards n stuff..I can cook it , but no, I dont eat it, put that in the same catagory as carrots and celery. lol Hope you get those doors done Raife... have a good day! And Stay OUT of the BOX !! :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker