ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, February 16, 2007

~I Got A Ride~

I went to bed as soon as I posted last nite and as this day
has progressed I have steadily gotten more tired.. I think this
is just the way my body tells me to slow down. I wish I had
a lap top then I could stay in there on days like this.. I only
had to make one call today, no, I had others, but didn't make
them. I had to call COA and make arrangements for a ride
next week..only took calling every day this week to get any
sort of response to booking a ride to the Dr next week. I
was told that I have to have my sidewalk shoveled, well
cleared off, if I don't the city will give me a ticket for not
shoveling it.. Mildred from COA and her son volunteered
to come tomorrow and do it for me.Sure is nice of them.
Sad part is I don't have any cash to give them for doing
it, which she said isnt necessary but still its worth it to
me to get it done.. I didn't know I would need any when
Penny was here and she could have gone to the bank.
I did get a ride set up however for my appointment next
Wednesday .

Penny put up my new shower curtain today and she and I,
did some re arranging in the bathroom and it sure is looking
nice..that ugly old gold shower curtain is gone and this new
white flowered one looks so very nice in there and sure
makes a big difference. I have a wreath on the wall in there
that Dutch KNOWS there is a white spot where they didn't
paint under a towel holder and I put a screw back into it,
Dutch saw it when I fixed the flowers he had pulled out of
it and I bet Ive hung that wreath back up every time Ive
had to go in there, and after eating McDonald's, well you
know then how many trips I have made in there lol.

We were lucky and didn't get all that extra snow they said
we would, which I know many are glad. We do have a lot
out there but not what they got a bit North of us. My sis
phoned said they have quite a bit, probly about the same
as us.. ITs really cold out today and I can feel the draft from
this west window that still needs replaced.. I did call and
ask Chris what the status is on the new one..but of course
I did not hear back from him as usual.. I think if someone
did call me back when they say they will I would probly
stroke out! lol..

This isnt long tonite as I really am tired and going to get
a bottle of water and a piece of string..get up on my bed
and play with my boys for a while..they enjoy that. I did get
to watch one of my favorite shows though last nite..Grays
Anatomy ..great show.. I like it and I did get to watch the
whole thing before I found that eyes shut button.. I must have
found it later cuz I know i was watching ER and when I looked
again I was watching something else.. I found that if Iay just
right I can sleep for a few hours on my side which sure is a
nice change from always on my back.. I think if I get a new
bed with a better matress will make a big difference too. I
KNOW a good back massage would do wonders for me..
Ive had volunteers offer but i haven had any knocks on my
door YET lol..

Time to close this and find that string as my boy is up here
on my desk in front of me and the keyboard and I have to
look around his fuzzy butt to see the monitor and what I am
typing lol.. I think hes trying to tell me something.. If he starts
to type I would NOT be surprised considering some of the
things Dutch does.. All LB does is peek over the side of the
chair every so often to see whats going on..gets up does
a few circles and lays back down..lol.. and laying down is just
what I am going to do.. Nitey Nite.. :-)

Y'all have a good one Y'hear? love ya and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

6 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one, here is a knock on your door from long distance.... I cant reach you in real life honey, but you tumble round in my mind all days and if that isnt massage? Well what is?
    Do you hear my knockin on your hearts door?
    KAO dear one!
    ***************+* you need them!
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    That good you have someone that will shoveling your sidewalk...that can be a big job if there is lot of snow or ice.
    We try to help other, and wish we could do more. But we are getting older and it harder to do now.
    I didn't get much done today, did a lot of sleeping.
    Nice to have new shower curtain, it just make you feel better.
    You have a great night and keep warm.
    Don't wear out the boys to much with all that playing.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Snow shovelling techniques for an old flatulant:
    1. I wear a back brace.
    2. I use a spade if the snow is deep. These new snowshovels really are ergonomic (human engineered.) I just do not want to lift up a lot of snow.
    3. I shovel 5 minutes then rest 10 minutes to avoid heart strain.
    Then I have a drink of glovein or glog. That's warm red wine for apres ski. A nice buzz indeed.

     
  • At 6:56 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning :-)
    Hi Rob, yes, I hear you and thank you so much too :-*

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, That is so very kind of them, I wish I had something to give them, Mildred and her son will be by sometime today, I dont know why it should be up to me to clear the city's sidewalk, but thats the rules.
    My bathroom looks so nice now..just wish the floor was better.this little house could easily be made so much more efficient than it is..hope you have a good day and your cold is gone..

    Hi Momar,
    You got it all figured out. your plan of attack you might say, You need to designate a room and whom ever rents it has to shovel or sweep what ever needs done, save you a little bit of housekeeping too~! lol...

    THe warm wine sounds so good.. Im not familiar with wine and dont drink it much altho they say it is so good for the blood. might help me then hey? ok..send wine!! lol..
    just be careful out there Momar.. :-)

    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Geeez!!! Just imagine all three of us massaging various bits all at once - guess you might strioke out with sheer pleasure!! ;o)
    Does the City know that you are in a wheelchair and that you find snow shovelling a smidge difficult? Might be worth letting them know. But thank God for good neighbours. That is one very good point about Exford. The folks hereabouts help each other out.
    Take care, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H.from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife,
    yes I called the city ..they said to call and find someone to do it..they dont really care..

    and 3 at once? no..thats NOT me lol..only 1 be plenty.. im picky you know lol.

    Im all cleared..and have paths..now lets hope the snow quits till after wednesday :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker