ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

~Stress Is NOT a Good Thing~

I got up at 4:45 this morning, no nap and guess what? Im
kinda tired.. I have to say I didn't get anything but great phone
calls today and I was pleased to get them, one from a very
dear friend I have known for a long time..and hadnt heard
from in over a month now..and needless to say I told them
"HEY, more often ya know, don't hurt!" They have been so
busy working and always something to do. Was so good to
hear from them. I havent heard from any of my stress related
people tho and quite frankly.. I AM SO GLAD!!! :-)

I watched a TV show by accident - as I was scanning the
channels- before I found they eyes shut button, which was
Larry King..he had a show on last nite that quite frankly kinda
scared me. 5 doctors, all talking about heart disease and
problems, and how women are often misdiagnosed for some
heart problems etc. The main issue and cause of so many
heart and circulation problems.. is ???? STRESS.. That show
honestly scared me.. and gave me some serious pause for
thought.. I try to tell everyone.. If I only had ONE stress problem
I could handle it..but for me..well..to list them? my house, not
done, my chair, not here, my bathroom safety things, not here,
my floor, not done, my hands going from bad to worse,, the
bills.. all of these, the stress sometimes is so unbearable that
I just want to tear my face off and be someone else..

I try to express to all these different places and people THEY
are not the only stress givers I have that I have to face every
day, I wake in the morning and after I do my morning body scan
as I call it to see how I really feel, like what grotesque position
my invisible legs and feet are in, or how do they feel then, are
they tight, swollen, still asleep. Then as I start to move to get in
to my chair is when I start to think of all the phone calls I will have
to make that day and what kind of excuses am I going to get to
delay all this even longer, and I almost hesitate..how BADLY did
I really want to get up..and face all that again that day..or do I
want to stay back and every time my phone rings cringe thinking
of what kind of lame excuse I am going to get..and what stress
level will I reach that day... I have some days just sat and almost
scream at the excuses and the total lack of help I get and NO one
seems to really understand ..and they don't ask..or think that well
maybe this lady has lots of other stress related things going on so
lets get this done.. Like my Dr he HAS to see me before they will
approve a new chair for me.. well to save ME from having to go
thru all the hastle of going there, he goes right past my house I
bet 2 times a day at least..and I offered to be outside on the ramp
so he could see me, to get this chair stuff moving sooner..not wait
till next week now because Ive had to cancel this appointment due
to all this snow.. But he could see that my legs havent grown back,
but its the paperwork that this Dr cant take any chances..yet Ive
been going to the clinic for 5 years..ALL this is stress..and that
show last nite..well I hope they all watched it..and thought "hmmm
you know that GORGEOUS WEEBLE may have other stress
related things going on so why don't we give her a break and try
to help solve her problems..and they don't..

I worry with all this stress that is a major issue for me..and I KNOW
for a lot of people in the same boat as me..Stress can KILL..and
well. I don't want that to happen to me.. I have to have some relief
one way or the other before this does put me down and I DO become
a burden and cannot live alone anymore..and take care of myself
as much as I do. I don't want to give that up because people
have stressed me out so badly that I do stroke out here.. I have
thought and thought of ways to solve this. many say..be persistent
peck away keep at them..the squeaky wheel gets the grease..well
this wheel's been squeakin for way to long..and I am just going to
have to make other arrangements to get rid of all the STRESS that
according to that show last nite not only CAN..but WILL kill me..
well I am not going to sit here like a sitting duck.no way. I will make
other arrangements.. Some say you have come so far don't give
up now Lois. but.if it means a stroke or heart attack? hey- color me
gone .. I want out..and I wont abuse myself any more.. I cant..like I
said I wish everyone involved with my problems has seen that show
last nite..scared me..and this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is going to-
well HAS to make some changes..I guess the old phrase "sink or
swim" comes to mind..

ANYWAY.. lol. I have been sleeping on my side..I found a fairly
good position I can get into and sleep quite well..Ive been sleeping
on my back now since 2000..and well I sleep sitting up too.. I can
take a nap here at my desk , grab a pillow off the couch, put it in
front of me ..lean forward, of course, LOCK the break lol..and I
have slept for hours.. But I got used to sleeping that way in the hell
home it was easier to breathe. I do that now as just a different way
to get some sleep. I pull one of my pillows and if I put it between my
stumps just right it keeps my left elevated a bit so the pressure of
a downward pull from the length on my hip I can sleep pretty
good for a few hours until my right hip bothers me.. I do think tho
that I do need a better bed..and that may help. I don't think I sleep
for any longer than maybe 2 or 3 hours with out waking up, and
of course, looking at the time.. lol.but I go back to sleep..now if
I wake up for a potty call, well I could and a lot of times just stay
up if I know I can get a nap in, and some days I have NO choice
but to take a nap, I know this when Im typing with my forehead lol

I am tired as I was up late watching that show..but it was really
good and did scare me.. but I am kinda glad I saw it as it showed
me more or less what I have to do..and that's get rid of the STRESS.
which I honestly have NO choice but to do.. Right now? my stress
level is down as I got no calls today- I will not make any tomorrow
or I will stew and worry for 2 days that I wouldn't be able to find out
anything.But I am really tired..and soon as I hit that publish thingie
this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is gonna get a tea and go to bed and
try to watch some tv.its early but not really for me .been a long day
but I will say a very good one. I had some great conversation today
and Penny was here too. Oh.. some dear hearted soul, I have NO
idea who..plowed my driveway!!! Penny told me when she came in.
I don't know who..I kinda think Donnie sent someone I don't know
but I plan to call them when I finish this and find out maybe.. so
you know whats next.. "nitey nite".. :-)

Y'all have a good one Y'hear? love ya.. and thanks hey? keep that
stress down.. its NOT a good thing..trust me..I KNOW lol. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

12 Comments:

  • At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have some stress, and yet I have low blood pressure. I am tired and enjoy napping to refresh myself. When I go to the drs, I almost doze off before I go in to see him. My blood pressure is usually 130 over 90 or lower. It was once 120 over 70 - pretty good!! So Lois - pass your stress on to your katz.

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois you sure got lot of snow there. Loved all the pictures you take for us to see...
    Yes that stress is ruff but don't let it stress you out.
    Becky has a ear infection now and I work for Pam last night. I Sleep all afternoon too, sure hope I sleep tonight.
    Get you some rest and stay warm my friend... wow it sure cold there.
    God bless you.
    Mary

     
  • At 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ahummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... it sounds like what your glorious phsyche needs is a session of oriental ummmmmmmmmm massage.

    Administered as a gift of Christian love (no mail orders).

    Yeah.

    d
    p

     
  • At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Lois,

    Me fine. hope that u also. i am still waiting for my valentine gift from u


    Take care

    Bye

    Yashvin

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    Not sleeping is the worst. I hope you got some sleep last night.

    Take care!

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning,
    Ive been blessed with it all Momar, high BP, stress and cholesterol. lucky me. My last reading on mine was 186/99, a tad high, I dont know if they could handle it either, LB maybe but Dutch? i dunno.

    Hi Mary, sorry to hear about Becky, those ear things can hurt, glad your feeling better, Im afraid my stress level is controlling me at this point.. I went to bed right after posting last nite and just got up..and woke up tired, might be a nappy day i think. :-)

    hi DP..yes a good massage would feel so good, its been years since Ive had one, almost forgot what its like..

    Hello Yashvin,
    Im glad you are feeling ok..I have not had a chance to make anything, dont worry, I will send to you as soon as I can..j

    Hope y'all have a good day, stay warm and dry :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 8:33 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,
    Yes I dont know if I slept too much! I woke up still tired.. I think I just need a few days to just sleep and unwind.. a nice holiday in Chicago would be nice maybe, just a getaway .. Be nice to go...

    Hope you have a good week end, and didnt get snowed in..we got a bunch..thankfully not that extra 8" just a few but I bet we have over a foot of snow, at least..and super cold.. take care :-)
    Always,Lois****

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one.... Did you know i am a great massager? Well i am, so i must see you sometime for a little bounce for you, from me... but things have to be different as you, for this to come true... Lets hope it does sometime. Like me winning a trip to three rivers or something.... Well that aint no common gift i suppose? But bigger miracles than that has happend.
    Lets pray for the best!
    Take care until we meet here or there.
    KAO
    ****+*
    Your own
    Rob

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CORRECTION:
    but things have to be different as you K N O W

    Rob

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    I will be spending much of the next two weekends cross country skiing. I pray that the snow stays away from you and falls here so I can have as long a season as possible.

    Have a great weekend, Lois and everyone.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You know, that's great - you have at least three expert masseurs all clamoring to come and rub your back!!
    Take care, honey. You have got SO much on your plate. It is not fair on a fair GORGEOUS WEEBLE like you.
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Rob,
    A good back rub would be so great ..but that ocean being so big I just dont think your hands would reach.:-)

    Hi Gray, all the skiiers over there at Swiss Valley are in their glory with all this snow..Donnie was lovin it too until he came home yesterday and his dog ate his snow boots :-( he wasnt impressed at all..

    Hi Raife :-)
    I know I have 3! now y'all just need to find the map to get you here! lol. BUt I bet it sure would help alot.. :-)

    Y'all have a great week end too :-)
    aLways, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker