ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

~BAD Storm !~


Do you see my fence? We had a tornado close by, VERY
close by. 3 miles away. There are branches down all over my
yard, in the street and everywhere. I was talking to a friend
when I noticed how dark it was, it was after I posted last nite.
I looked at the time, looked out the window and told my friend,
"this doesn't look good". I then went to the website for weather
here and the radar, as I clicked on it, it said a tornado had
been sighted, there was rotation and to seek cover immediately.
While I was talking to my friend my phone rang and it was my
boy, Donnie. He says, "Gran, theres a bad storm coming at ya,
it just went thru here, its bad, but it doesn't last long". We talked
for a minute and I said bye to him and my other friend and sat
and looked out the window. It was so windy and rainy that I
couldn't even see out of it..

There wasn't a thing I could do. I did go into the hallway that
goes into the bathroom, but I couldn't keep the boys by me,
and It was scarey, let me tell ya. I sat there and thought of
that huge basement down stairs and I cant get to it. This is
not good. When I was at the apartment I kept the cat carrier
in the bathroom and when we had storms I would go in there,
and they follow me where ever I go, I would close the door
and we waited in there. Here I have no where really to go
that's away from windows or an outside wall..Theres nothing
I can do...I know I couldn't get down those steps..I just don't
think I could do it..let alone have enough time to get down
there. I would have to fall out of my chair, I don't know how
else to get out of it. I don't do like those young women do on
You Tube that jump up and down into their chairs or hoist
themselves up and down stairs.. Maybe if I was in my 30's
I probly could do it too.. I cant now..all I would need to do is
hit the floor the wrong way and break a hip or something.. I
guess if it came to a choice of getting ate up in a tornado
or dying falling down the steps..which would be the worse?
Im so stuck :-D....
Of course when I look out the window with a camera the
boy has to be right there as well.. They both were really
scared last nite though. and they did stick kinda close to
me. Usually Dutch is not vocal.well where you can really
hear him..his vocal cords are not developed or something,
cuz he squeaks when he meows...sometimes he opens
his mouth and nothing comes out even! But last nite he did
meow when he looked up at me.. What do you tell a cat?
But its amazing that they do sense things...

At least this storm is cooling off the temperatures.. It was so
hot in here those past few days. It was awful.. I have NO choice
but to get a airconditioner.. It got up over 100 last year during
the summer. I would cook in here with it that hot outside. Cant
even open the windows in that kind of heat as its just mixing
hot air. I am hoping that I can get a new refrigerator with a
freezer then sell this small one. I turned that ceiling fan on and
LB ran like he was being shot at he was so scared. Then he
hides and meows while he is in the sink. I cant do that to him.
Penny said her sis has a small clip on fan that I can borrow until
I can get an air conditioner..That wont scare LB. I think its the
shadows and the blades going around over his head that
scares him, so I have to be fair, he lives here too. I am going to
call my brother in law too and ask Chris when he comes by
about the broken fence. He said he had a whole tree go down
ontop of one of his houses.. It was bad last nite..Scared me...

All three of us were scaredy cats last nite. Im glad I hadnt had
time to eat anything , by the time it was all done I had no appetite
for sure! so THAT was a good thing, helps on the diet. Eating
and going to bed is not a good thing to do..I try not to eat heavy
at night then sleep on it, I don't sleep real well.. I learned the hard
way about drinking a whole can of ice tea before bed also.. I
had an ok lunch from coa was sausage, cabbage, potatoes and
of course bloomin CARROTS... I dug them out. the rest of it
was really good. So I don't need a lot tonite, I have some good
peanut butter crackers, might be just enough.. My very famous
GORGEOUS WEEBLE words, as usual.."Nitey Nite".. :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? love ya..and THANKS! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

4 Comments:

  • At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry to hear about your storm yesterday, sure glad you all OK.
    It was 50 F this morning, but it warm up fast.
    Tornado sure do a lot of damages, I hate for people to get hurt or kill for any reason.
    I really like Becky new staff, I know she going to be great for Becky.
    God bless you my friend.
    Mary

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    SO glad that storm missed you. I can just imagine how scarey it must be for you, all alone and not a thing you can do about the storm.

    You'll have to get Chris to put in a greasy pole with a big cushion at the bottom!!! Then you'd get down to the basement real quick! Be a different matter getting back up, though.

    Just remember that Nora, who hops in and out of her chair and RUNS up stairs, is only 17 and an athlete!!

    Imagine - my Fav Weeble as a pole dancer - the mind boggles!! ;o) ;o) Take care, Honey. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,,
    Yes was a bad one..and its nice and cool..Im glad.. I cant take the heat.. Im glad your getting your staff problems fixed..

    Hi Raife,
    Yes we were very lucky although there is damage all over..everyone has something damaged it seems.. Ya How would I get back up that pole! :-)If I was 17 I bet I could do that too :-)
    Hope you had a good day!
    Always,Lois ****

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    Wow, thats a dengerous looking fence!

    Glad yo uare OK

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker