ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, March 22, 2008

~More Snow ~

I bet we got way over a foot of snow.. On TV last nite it said we
probly would get hit the hardest as we were right in the middle of
it all..and it sure looks it. Penny brought one of those crate boxes
and put it outside.. I know that's over a foot high..its almost totally
buried.. Donnie phoned on his way home from work last night
and there was no snow, as he drove closer and closer to home
the snow got worse and worse, I kept telling him.."wait..just keep
going north".. he did.. by the time he got home he was ready to
take a ride on his snowmobile when he saw how much we got..
I saw on the news where my sister is they didn't get anything.. As
of 10:30 this morning I havent seen the plows yet only the sander
trucks..


I watch the cars as they come up to that stop sign right outside that
window..Some are so cautious and slowly will creep up to it.. I saw
one truck..he came up kinda fast and I watched as the tail end of it
kinda went back and forth as he realized its really a lot more slippery
than what it looks.. There are some cars that don't have one speck
of snow..you know those were in a garage.. All this snow.. no way
anyone would scrape off a total car..not if they were in a hurry to go
somewhere..and this snow isnt over yet.. We are still under major
storm warnings for most of today.. Winter is such fun..


I have done nothing all day but relax and not even been on this
machine.. Ive been working on blankets as we don't have a lot of
time left before baby is due.. I did have to clean up the kitchen
today though.. Was my own fault.. I rolled up to the table and didn't
pay attention to the cat dish under it.. I feed them a can of moist
food every morning.. well.. I hit that and of course it got ALL over
my little GROOVED tire in front.. Those grooves I bet are at least
a quarter inch deep.. Well I had to sit and dig all that out of my
tire before I could move or I left tracks all over the floor.. I had
gone out there to fix myself some breakfast..by the time I got
done with all that bending and rolling and wiping I had LOST
my appetite.. :-)


Apparently the house next door to Donnie is up for sale.. They
came by this morning after they went to the mans funeral.. I
guess the children are going to do the same thing with the lady
there as the one that lived in Donnies house..The kids are going
to move her into another place and have a huge estate sale, then
sell the house.. I guess its a 3 level one like Donnies..he said it
really needs a lot of work though its NOT in the best of shape, as
I guess those people had a hard time to keep up with the repairs.
Still would be nice to live next door to them and be on the lake too..

Well Im tired and ready to go and watch some TV and do some
more knitting and get that afghan done.. Was nice to see the kids
all dressed up, they had gone to the funeral and both looked so nice.
I told them they both sure clean up well.. :-) Im clean out of words
except for my GORGEOUS WEEBLE ones of "Nitey Nite"... :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya and THANKS !! :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    I worked 3 to 11 PM Friday, then we clean the church Saturday morning...We then got thing ready for the children to come over for Supper tonight...WE had a wonderful visit with everyone...none of the grandchildren were here...it make it so much more quieter here. Both the girls staff stay for Supper too, make it real nice.
    It is 51 F here very nice weather.
    I hoping we won't get anymore snow here, spring is here for us I think.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I went to a concert of Haydn's Last Seven Words of Christ performed in an old factory now used by art studios and galleries. It was performed by a string quartet 7 readers, and a video of sculptures of Christ. It was very moving.
    Snow has its own acoustics and light. I love the sounds of a snow covered neighborhood.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dearest dear one!
    SNOW?
    Yes we have more snow than it ever have been in Sweden this time of year! ICKY ICKY ICKY!!!!!
    The thoughts of you keep me going!
    Kisses
    ROB

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Happy Easter :-)
    Hi Mary,
    We are having a nice sunny day..snow is still out there but its nice.. Nice quiet dinners with all adults is nice sometimes..

    Hi Momar..
    You go to so many interesting things.. you stay busy.. I love the snow.. nice clean ..sparkly.. :-)

    Hi Rob..:-)
    Things will get better, you will get all new..and all will be fine.. snow is good..fills the rivers..Sweden from what I have seen is lovely place.. :-) have patience Rob.. all will be fine..

    Happy Easter..so nice to hear from you :-)
    Hugs ..always,,,,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker