ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

~One Is Finished~ :-)


I have been saying that Ive been working on blankets for our new
baby boy that is due in a few weeks.. Well there is one of them..
Its the softest baby blue polar fleece..feels like velvet its so soft.
Penny found these fleece throws at the Dollar Store before , I
think, Christmas.. and she was lucky enough to find this pale blue
one.. It was for a twin size bed..I cut it in half..and then I fringed all
4 sides.. The one end.. there with the ribbon.. I folded down So the
fringe wouldn't be in baby's face, and then I made a bow and
threaded the ribbon from one side to the other..only at the top edge
of the blanket..you can see the bow under the top sticking out.. I
think it turned out so pretty..which for a boy .. you don't really want,
but babies..well that's different.. Im sure Kelli will like it and I have
no doubts it will keep our babyboy warm..
The other half of this pale blue I havent really decided what I want to
do as I had to ask a friend to send some ribbon as the kind I want
Penny just cant find..so when That gets here I have another idea
for the other half.. It will be just as pretty im sure.. Then I have the
knitted one that is really lovely.. I havent worked on it as much as I
should but this thumb is really getting sore to move it.. and its so
dry that if I do it, will crack and bleed... so Ive not been knitting like
I should..I will get it done before our baby gets here.. Pennys grand
son is due the same time as my Great Grand- is what my babyboy
will be..Isnt that just wonderful? Its amazing how the time has gone
by so fast..

I read back on one of my first blog posts..In November.. of 2005..
Ive had this blog for a long time now, and I still enjoy it..and I am
amazed Ive not run out of stuff to write about.. Well I guess too I
have such daily drama it seems which keeps me on my invisible
toes.. Todays drama? Well.. I broke the chair rail that goes around
my potty last nite..and I almost..ALMOST hit the floor.. I am so glad
that Im smart enough to keep my chair right behind me.. It was
about 2 or so..I had to get up cuz of drinking the last of my Icee too
late and when I reached forward to use the side rails around the
potty like I usually do.. I hear a loud CRACK, POP.. and the arm
rest pulled loose and I went backwards onto my chair.. no damage.
to me.. almost..coulda been.. but Ive learned.. I make sure my brakes
are LOCKED before I make any kind of move.. This happened so
fast I didn't have Time to grab anywhere else and my chair caught
me.. sure woke me up..

Well Today then first thing..8 am. .I called Sandy told her I broke my
chair around my potty..I still have NOT heard back from her.. So its
the wait game again.. I did call my insurance, my Dr, and the lady
that checks to make sure I can go to certain drs..the outcome? well..
I can go all the way up to the medical center which is OVER an hour
ride, on a bus, facing backwards.. or I can wait till MAY..to get in
when the Dr comes here to town.. NOW..the ONLY way around this
I found out after 2 more calls.. is if Julie, my dr..calls the skin doc and
says "hey , this lady has some kinda jungle rot and needs to be seen
NOW".. so.. if she does THAT..then they will squeeze me in.. I told
Christie.. who I am.. my condition..and that I cannot take that ride,
I would get so deathly sick..just like I always do. but I cannot take a
chance on infection either.. As sore as my thumb is today It does
NOT feel good at all.. Really REALLY is hurting.. So.. as of this
post I am waiting to see just what they are going to do.. . . .

My ear? well its about ready to fall off and its been a hectic day
AGAIN.. This daily drama I mean am I the only one that goes thru
crap every day? Sure seems that way.. I do plan to call Donnie
though and have him put a phone jack in my bedroom and in the
bathroom.. I cant get to the phone fast enough when I forget to
take it with me.. I have the phone for the bedroom already I just
need the jack in there.. be easy..just a splitter down the basement..
I was going to call my phone company and see what they would
charge me to do it.. Sure would save me a lot if I had outlets for
a phone everywhere.. I think the phone company would charge
alot..but I plan to call and find out..

Well my bedroom and my TV are calling me and I am tired.. I
think even though its just phone calls its still can make a person
wore out.. well that's my excuse anyway.. Im headed in there to
see what is on the tube. Tuesday.. hmm I don't know..survivor I
think..what some people will do for money is amazing. What Im
gonna do for free is say my GORGEOUS WEEBLE
"Nitey Nite".. :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'Hear? love ya.. and THANKS!! :-)
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    Very nice baby blanket, I am sure they will love it.
    On early today nice change for me. It's been raining all day here, 45 F right now.
    Pam fell today, she going to be alright I think...And Becky bottom is getting sore again.
    I am feeling better myself, lost a little weight and my sugar is doing some better.
    Sure hope you get back in to see the doctor for your hand my friend.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    It looks like you have to kick ass over there, too, if you want these people to get a move on. They seem to think because they are giving this service on insurance, that you should be grateful for any crumbs from the table. Keep kicking, Honey. I know it eats your lunch, but I'm afraid that's how it is. I'm going to have to do a bit of kicking after lunch! My Dr. hasn't gotten back to me about my heart!
    What a lovely job you have made of that baby-blue blanket! Well done.
    Take care, Honey.
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, I think it is..I hope she likes it.. I hope your girls are ok..Ive not heard from anyone today about anything.. well I heard from comcast.. my bill went up..always something..

    Hi Raife,
    Ive been lookin for ya..but keep missing you you stay so busy busy :-)Hope all is ok there..

    Im ready to get this day over with.. Im tired..good to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker