ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, March 16, 2008

~My Nuker Broke~


When I lived in the apartment, before I lived here, I had a
regular stove.. with an oven..and to someone in a chair..a
oven is NOT a good thing..to USE that is.. Well they got one
for me that is a micro wave and will convert to a regular oven.
I use it every day..Its by Whirlpool..big, about double the size
of the little one I had before.. worked great.. note the ED on
the end of work? I was going to nuke a sandwich, beef and
Swiss cheese, and I opened the door, put it in..closed and
set the timer..and blip! it shut off.. So I did the routine..checked
FIRST to make sure the thing hadnt gotten unplugged, nope,
was plugged in.. wasn't that..So I unplugged and replugged,
it came on.. I did the same thing..turned it on and BLIP! off
it went.. Well this time. I turned the ceiling light on.. I thought
maybe the electricity was flashing or something.. it stayed
on.. So I opened the door to the fridge, the light was on..I
had the microwave plugged into the same outlet..so that
meant the outlet was working.. Hmm. I was getting upset...

First of all I don't like ice cold sandwiches and 2nd I hated
my nuker was on the fritz So I roll back to the table and
go through the same routine.. unplug , re plug..sandwich
in .. turn it on.. hit start.. BLIP! off it went .. I gave up.. I un
plugged it and decided it has just quit, gone on strike or
what ever..but I could NOT get it to run at all...So NOW,
I have no oven OR microwave..This really made for a
bit of a icky Sunday... I hope they can fix this or get me
another.. I really used the regular oven besides the micro
wave.. My pasties,, meat pies..I hope t can get this replaced
soon..or fixed or what ever.. I did call Donnie to see if he
knows anything about them..but hes a diesel mechanic NOT
a microwave one :-) So tomorrow.. calling starts..AGAIN.. I
will have to dig out my hot plate till I can get another micro
wave... Always something...

I got up this morning.. and I had heard the boys playing during
the night ..about 3 they start to play.. I woke up of course and
I decided I might as well make a potty call and then perhaps
I would sleep later than 6 or 5 am.. I slid into my chair..backed
up and went up to the doorway of the bedroom.. I started to
go thru and all of a sudden my chair refused to move.. I pushed
hard and I just would not go forward.. I backed up all the way to
the bed..turned on the light and here was my NEW candle on
the floor across part of the doorway..I had hit that and it just
stopped me right there ! Broke my new candle too !.. Well,
when I rolled back up to the doorway to pick it up so I could get
through.. I noticed that there are 2 or 3 screws sticking up out
of the metal strip that goes across the bottom of the doorway.
I don't think that's too good.. I notice every once in a while that
I do have trouble getting through that doorway ..well if its NOT
a candle..that could be the culprit...I got to looking at it and I
reached down and I bet they stick up at least a quarter of an
inch if not more.. I bet if the boys hit one of those running like
they do it would hurt their little feet.. Plus I bet that's not too
good for my tires either !... I need to get THAT fixed now...

My list of "TO DO's" just keeps getting longer and longer..but
if I plan to just stay here until someone adopts me or my lost
Knight shows up.. I need to get this stuff fixed..And COA said
they wont send anyone since I don't own this house.. hmmmm.
so. I guess if DHS wont help I will end up having to pay some
one to come and do these repairs.. If I wait for Chris to come
well Kenny.. hell it will be next year ! I don't think I can stay
bent over long enough to screw these back in..and I bet if that
bedroom doorway is like that so are the others and I havent
checked those, cuz if they are It will just make this a VERY
unhappy Sunday and well 2 things of drama are enough for
ONE day!.. I have to spread this drama out.. :-)

Well.. I cant do nothing about any of it today so I just will NOT
think about it.. well I will have to cuz Im hungry and I guess I
will have to fire up the electric frying pan or something.. The
hot plate is way under the table and I am NOT going to try
to reach it.. way things are going to day..well.. Im NOT taking
any chances..on going from bad to worse.. so.. Its the pan
or deep fryer and I don't think Im gonna risk the fryer either..
Just to be safe :-) Im learning.. :-) I wasnt in the best mood
to take a photo so I am putting one from last week, just a tad
different.. you will just have to settle for that one..I will take a
new one for this week sometime this week maybe, depends
how THIS week goes..Does Sunday count for this week? If
it does..and this is how this week is starting, I better brace
myself I think..could be a rough ride :-)

Time to post, and get out of this chair and go and try to get
through the screwy doorway.. GORGEOUS WEEBLES just
have more fun.. I love it.. "Nitey Nite" :-)


Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? luv ya.. and Thanks !!
ALways, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

5 Comments:

  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My nuker is now 5 years old, but it is not a convection oven as well. When I use it - I punch in a time hit start and it always works. Other people in the house can really screw it up if they hit the wrong buttons. I keep the instruction book in my drawer under the counter. When in doubt unplug it and start over. I mainly use it for quick heating of soups.

     
  • At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    So sorry your micro wave went out,they sure do come in handy everyday. I also have a big toast oven I use, I like it best in the summer time. Don't heat up the house.
    Mike call today to just to talk, I think he misses us a little.
    I had a good day here, I did take a nap this afternoon...I just needed it that all. Nap can be a good thing.
    My friend Patsy fell again today, hoping she see the doctor and have some lab done...she said her shoulder didn't hurt anymore then it did before. But she hurts in other places....and she just had surgery 13 of this month.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    There is an old saying "If all else fails, read the instruction manual"!!! It is just possible that there is a circuit breaker or similar somewhere on your microwave that just needs pushing in to reset it.
    Drat this blooming Atlantic Ocean!! If only I lived nearer to you - - - - -!! I could do wonders with my 4lb lump hammer!! LOL ;o)
    But like they say, "it never rains but what it pours"
    Love the picture. It will, of course, go in to the Archive!!! for me to peruse in moments of loneliness.
    Take care, Honey,
    L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Gorgeous One,

    Sorry to hear your microwave/convection is on the fritz. We have one- and it's great. It replaced just a microwave that lasted about 15 yrs - so it didn't do bad.

    No problem using a pic from last week. Any pic is better than none - lol. Love your pics as you well know.

    You take care - chat with you soon.

    Bare Hugs,

    Butty

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi, Mine is a combination oven..I can use metal too..I just have to be careful its set on Convectional not microwave.. Its fine today so I have NO idea what was wrong..I guess it was just mad at me too :-) I dunno...

    Hi Mary,
    I feel so sorry for your friend.. She is so fortunate to have you for a friend.. I know Michael misses you ..my mom called naps "taking a 5"...which are GOOD things.. :-)

    Hi Raife,
    I dont know what else I could have done..I did just what the directions said.. Its fine today.. Just doing that to give me stress Ithink.. lol I dunno.. But its ok.. glad you like the photo!

    Hiya Butty..
    So nice to hear from you..Im glad you liked the photo.. Hope all is ok there..stay warm :-)

    Good to hear from you !! :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker