ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, August 21, 2009

~ I Burnt My Finger~ :-(

I have NO idea what to write about.. Not a lot going
on here today.. Penny came, LATE, I told her I was
gonna tell on her on here :-) she thought I was kidding.
Shes gone off to the store to get some Swiss cheese
for me to go with the sliced ham and this GREAT
pumpernickle bread! It is SO good.. Fresh and the taste
is wonderful.. So, for the week end I want to make a
GRILLED hot ham and Swiss on pumpernickle bread..
Can you just taste it? Then maybe some FRIED GREEN
TOMATOES !~!~ I have 3 in a bag that the boy brought
to me .. This will be a good weekend :-) Wish y'all could
come have one of these sandwich's.. NOT to mention
the great ROAST BEEF HASH!

Penny ground up the roast beef that was WONDERFUL...
She baked it in the regular oven Wednesday, which I
am not going to use any more... not by myself.. I burnt
my finger and I COULD NOT move it or spill the roast
and the pan was FULL of juice.. It would have splashed
not only on the oven but where I was sitting I would
have gotten burnt really bad.. So I had to make a flash
decision.. burn my finger or risk REALLY burning my
stumps and possibly a lot more of me :-) I sacrificed
my finger.. And does it HURT ! Ring finger right hand.

Anyway, she ground up the roast beef today for me,
my thumbs and hands are aching so bad I can hardly
stand it.. Its even hard to type... Later I will fry that
up and put in some potatoes and onion.. I KNOW it
will be so good.. I havent made hash in ages.. My son
says he knows how to make pasta and PIEROGIES..
I LOVE those things.. with sauteed onions in butter..
MMM Can you tell I'm hungry? :-) I think it shows
:-) I cannot wait for my son to come and meet me :-)
Hopefully soon.. Wouldnt that be great? After all
these years? 38 years is a long time.. and its ABOUT
TIME I SAY !!! now I say .......


Time to post this and try to get something done today.
My TV I am afraid is on its last legs.. She was very
good to me and I should give it a proper burial.. :-)
The sound is worse than a CB full of static.. I wish
I knew how to read lips better :-) Always something.
Well this GORGEOUS WEEBLE needs to tell ya..
" I'll be back ! " :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya and thanks.
ALways, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you Friend.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois so sorry you burnt your finger, I know that hurt so bad...I put milk of magnesia on all burn and keep soaking it in it till it stops hurting so much...and the burn clear up so much better too...anyway for me it does...I keep a bottle on hand just for burns only.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    First aid for a burn: ice first - lower the temperature. Then squeeze some aloe juice on the burn - Aloe is also good for sunburns.

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    Cheaper first aid for burns - hold the affected part under running cold water for a TIMED ten minutes (not just what feels like ten minutes!!). I know from bitter experience with a glue pot that had boiled dry. Some old fool put it under the tap to fill it and wondered why he got a steam burn!!!
    By the way, that diet you are talking about sounds like a sure-fire chair shrinker!!!!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, even a small burn I feel for people that alot of their bodies burnt.. its awful..

    Hi Momar,
    Did you know vinegar is good for sunburn? It works too :-)

    Hiya Raife!
    Ive tried lots of stuff and you are right :-)

    So good to hear from you ~!
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker