ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

~Lots Done~ :-)

I got a lot done today. I am most pleased with my
self :-) I had gotten a call from a church here,
and the lady said they would deliver a Christmas
box of food to me yesterday... About 2 or so the
doorbell rang and it was 2 very nice ladys that
carried in 6 bags of groceries for me. Plus a
beautiful necklace with a matching bracelet.. NOW,
how nice is that? I do plan to look up the name
and try to get an address so I can send a thank
you.. This was most unexpected. There are apples
and oranges, potatoes, even Kleenex and TP. This
is just so wonderful and sure will help me out
a lot, and I am MOST grateful... :-) So I put it
all away to save Penny from doing it, plus I am
so picky about it all being in order :-) I took
my time so my arms didn't give out :-)...

I had another very nice surprise yesterday too!
I was looking out the kitchen window, of course,
where else would I be? Well I saw Joyce headed
towards the door, when she came in she handed
me a plate full of cookies and zuchinni cake and
all sorts of goodies! She said they had their
Christmas on Sunday so all their kids could be
there so these treats she had made for all of
them and luckily she had enough left over to
bring me some!.. All these "chair shrinker"
goodies, that's the BAD part of the holidays!
But I don't care, hell I cant dance so what
else do I have but good food ? :-) I enjoy every
bit of it too!

I talked to Rebecca today and she had car
trouble last week is why she didn't show up on
Friday. She is on vacation all this week but
said she will stop by on Thursday after she
leaves her moms, she lives here in town. She
said she will bring me a plate of food since
they will be having their big dinner that day.
I had Penny pick up a small giftie for her,
shes very good to me and I just want to show
her that I appreciate it.. Since Penny wont be
here from wed to Mon., Rebecca offered to
come by if I need anything. Which I don't
think I will... I KNOW I wont starve! :-)

I got my cards ready and even though they
will arrive late the sentiment is the same :-)
I do wish them a Merry Christmas :-) I think
after I post this I am going to make that apron
for Penny that I have been promising to make
for her. She made a meat pie yesterday for
me and it is SO GOOD! Penny is a good cook.
Joyce was here at that time and had never
heard of a meat pie, so she checked it all out
and I guess you could say its something like a
pot pie but no gravy inside, just juice and I
don't put veggies in mine other than rutabega,
and that's not every time. Some put carrots,
but you KNOW I wont EVER do that :-) Joyce
said she may try making one cuz it looked so
good.. Penny put it in a regular pie pan and the
crust she did it so perfectly... Those residents
at her house are lucky shes a good cook! :-)
She says she has learned ALOT about cooking
from me and especially the recipes I give her.
I still say the best thing I ever inherited from
my mom, even moreso than the estate, I got
her recipe box and recipe books :-) That's worth
a fortune to me...

Lunch time and I have more I want to do today.
I am most grateful and readily, happily this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE says "Thank you Lord".
I shall return! :-)

Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous raife said…

    Hi, Honey,
    My special dish (apart from Lois!!) is steak, kidney and mushroom pudding. Definitely a chair shrinker!. The pudding part is made from flour, suet, baking powder and water. A 2 pint bowl is lined with the pudding and the cooked steak, kidney and mushroom is cooked and added and a top of pudding put on, covered with a piece of grease-proof paper and a pudding cloth and is all steamed for about an hour, if I remember right. Served with cabbage, swede (rutabaga) carrots and potatoes. A lovely, warming dish for this time of year. Very traditional English!
    I made two for a choir party a few years back and they are still fondly remembered!!
    Take care, Honey,
    Luv Ya,
    Raife

     
  • At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It is obvious: You have died and gone to heaven and heaven is Colon MI ... yeah

    d

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Raife,
    kidneys? Hmmmm.. and shrooms? Nooo I dont think I like it.. lol...

    Ya d, Colon is a nice place!
    Good to hear from you...

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker