ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, February 25, 2010

~Awaywhere?~

I heard the garbage truck and decided to take a
photo out of the side window..
I woke up with good intentions today, that
I was gonna get something done.. DO some
thing constructive.. Well.. as of right now...
I havent done anything.. :-) So I guess my
good intentions just said "Phooey".. :-) I
dunno.. maybe it is spring fever.. I was at
my usual spot watching it SNOW, if it keeps
up Carl with have to come over again and
blow my driveway... but that's what made me
think maybe this is just spring fever, even
though I really don't want to go out awaywhere.
new word.. :-)

Out anywhere, as in AWAY from here.. Id like
to go outside... Maybe that's it.. I liked going
outside even in the winter before... Of course,
being in this chair has changed everything.. not
just for me but my friends, and family too...
My sister and I usta go garage saleing.. we had
a great time.. we went all over.. and found some
great bargains.. Then came the REALLY good
part... having lunch... We always went to some
place really good.. We liked the buffet place
out at the mall..good variety to pick from...

For us to do that now, well not in the winter, but
summer, Shirley would have to load and unload
my chair.. its not real heavy, just awkward.. Some
times when I went with Raelynn.. she would cram
my chair into the trunk anyway she could get it
in there, whether it stuck out or not.. :-) We got
caught in a rain storm one day, on the way back
to Keystone.. my chair was SOAKED.. She got it
out and pushed it up to the door and she didn't
open it the way she usually did.. by just sitting in
it.. she didn't realize to just push the sides of
the seat down and that's the easy way...well...

NOW its all WET.. I looked at her, asked "Arent
you gonna open it?" and smiled.. Raelynn smiled
back and said.. "Ill run inside and get a towel"...
and she did.. She didn't want a wet butt either !!
:-) Anyone that takes me now would have to go thru
the same thing, well unless they had a van with a
ramp...and only COA has one of those.. If I had my
own I probly would go more, whether I drove it or
not.. Anyone else could.. and I just ride along.. :-)
I'd prefer being the passenger anyways.. I'm a
good navigator, give me a map, I can get anywhere.

I phoned the boy last night, hes doing ok.. and back
at work this week.. He still sounds stuffy, like he
has a bad cold though.. he says it is painful and sure
will be glad when hes back to himself.. I guess he
has to wear a face mask at work until its all healed,
which I think is a very good idea.. Becky is still there
so I know shes taking good care of him.. I don't think
she has to go back to Wisconsin till next week for
therapy... shoulder injury.. But hes ok.. and Mary says
she is fine as well.. and Stanley is doing good too.. SO..
I guess all is well every where :-) Oh and our little man,
ALex can say gracias and thank you.. momma and dadda..
hes learning both Spanish and English.. :-) Smart boy,
like his mom... and great gramma :-)

Well this GORGEOUS GREAT GRAMMA WEEBLE is
in need of some lunch ! I have NO idea what though..
I will wait and see what COA brings.. With the snowing
she probly wont be here till at least 1:30 or so.. I can
wait till then. Eating lunch is accomplishing something!
So, tada! :-) ANYHOWAY.. remember ! I shall return!!


Always, Lois ****

God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois so happy we not having lot of snow here...a bit under the weather today...Bob and I went to the store for Becky this afternoon...Friday Bob has a Dr appointment with a new doctor for his hip and knee problem.
    Might get a little snow in the morning but not much.
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Loisdear!
    I am home again, and here is more snow than ever. There hasnt been a +degree since 1 of december. I am going to heartcheck next week, and just now i just sleeps... When coming back to hotels i sleep from then to next morning, and wake up tired...
    I miss my nightly chats with you, but i am dead day and night. Exhausted.
    I cant say i have been able checkin your blog as i should but i hope you are just fine my dear!
    see you in future i hope.
    Your own
    ROB

     
  • At 11:55 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Mary,
    Im so glad your feeling ok.. They have so many new ways to do things.. We are due to get 2 to 4 inches today... :-(

    Hiya Rob!!!
    So nice to hear from you.. I worry when I dont.. I know its got to be hard doing all that driving then being away from home like that.. I bet your Manni really misses you.. :-) I miss you too :-)

    Keep well and warm!! thanks!! :-)
    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker