ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, March 25, 2010

~Slow Month~


I don't know about anyone else, but this month
to me is REALLY dragging! The first two just
seemed to fly by.. Being a short month last month
I didn't run out of stuff so I didn't replace any
thing.. Now .. this being a longer month.. My stuff
ran out already which has caused me to get into
my checkbook which means I STILL cannot put
anything aside for a rainy day! AND its RAINING
today! :-) Not that I want to go shopping I really
don't need anything.. Personal stuff I mean.. For
the house, yes.. Some are needs, some are wants
for the house too.. Well new towels I dunno.. would
that be for me or the house? I do have towels..
I honestly don't think I have two that match tho..
:-) I did at one time.. what happened to them I
have NO idea.. So many of my things got ruined
in storage.. and I was not in the best state of
mind to take real notice when all was unpacked
as to what I had or didn't had.. :-) Mostly clothes
or towels.. this sort of things got damaged.. The
building had a leak, my things were moved to a
better place.. with my sister.. :-) Then this last
move.. a lot of my things didn't make the move,
as time goes by I think of things that are gone.
But they are only things.. and can be replaced...
Im the only thing that cant be :-)

I have decided to start putting a wet, warm cloth
on this spot on my tail bone.. I have to be honest,
it is worrying me a tad.. It is not improving at all
and seems to be worse AND more painful today..
I'm trying to watch how I sit so that I don't put
ANY pressure back there and try to spread it
out to my hips... This is NOT easy ... But I cant
afford to have a bad open spot back there that
I can barely reach and CANT see it at all.. :-)


I have been trying to find a way to see back
there.. Well .. I tell everything. and this is part
of what being in a wheel chair is all about.. well
not necessarily being in a chair.. you can get a
bad spot back there from laying in bed too.. So
its really hard to tell whats causing this.. I DO
know I have to figure out whats doing it so I
can stop and get rid of it.. I am keeping that
spot clean and dry so hopefully it will clear up,
just like my stump did.. I just cannot put any
thing on me anywhere that has fragile skin..
My tail bone has given me fits since day one of
being in this chair.. and I have NO doubt it
will continue as long as I continue to use one!
So... I have to come up with SOMETHING to
prevent or to cure faster, this bad spot I have,
and I'm sure many many others do too.. :-)


I had thought of taking a video... or using the
camera.. or having Penny take a picture for me..
But.. well I cant ask Penny to take a picture of
my butt.. :-) I tried mirrors.. that doesn't work.
This isnt a easy place to take a photo of.. well
not of yourself anyway.. Specially if you have
Short arms!!! :-) So right now.. since I cant get
a photo of it to SEE just how good or bad it
really is.. I have to go by touch.. And its not too
good a feel.. BUT I think the warm wash cloth
will work...It feels a tad raw.. which is NOT good.
I will keep a close feel on it :-)

What a subject :-) My next one is.. What is this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE gonna have for lunch? I
have a pasty out there that Penny made yesterday.
She made 2.. I ate half for lunch, half for supper..
I had very good intentions to freeze this second
one for Donnie..but.. we can make him another one
Friday .. :-) Although stuffed green peppers is
sounding VERY good to me for friday.. :-) Ive not
had those in awhile.. :-) Might be time !

I DO know that its Post time, lunch time and my
I shall return time! :-)

Always, Lois ****


God Bless You, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend".
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 4:16 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    My client's bathing transfer chair is broken - so I am giving him sponge baths until we can get it fixed or a replacement. I inspect his backside.

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Momar..
    I have a shower chair.. out in the garage.. :-)

    Good to hear from you ! :-)
    Love N'Hugs, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker