ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Monday, June 14, 2010

~Its Sinuses~

Penny and I were talking about this sinus crap I seem
to have... It could be causing my extreme tired, the head
aches, the swollen red, sore eyes, my ears, which I cant
hardly hear at all.. I keep saying "WHAT?" to everyone..
I hate that..Even my throat and voice.. We were talking
about what to cook today and nothing sounds good as
not a lot tastes good..I cant taste the real taste of any
thing..Its more of a metallic taste..She says she thinks
I have a really bad sinus infection.. and I agree...But
I do think there might be more to my voice changes
than sinus drainage.. Sometimes I cant get even a
small sound out.. just squeeks.. :-)

I do think ive gained weight too though.. I will be the
first to admit I don't get near the exercise that I did
when I was in my manual chair..My arms and shoulders
had no choice but to stay strong to push that chair around..
and I bet if I didn't have carpet in here I would use that
chair instead of this electric one.. I know I wouldn't worry
about it shutting off and me being stuck somewhere in the
middle of the room or a LONG way from my manual.. I am
glad I keep it in here..Just in case.. I havent been told nor
have I asked what the routine is for checking the condition
of this chair..and my charger ..Just to make sure they stay
in top running shape.. I should find out what I should do and
how often.. My self I would think they would do a yearly check
on these chairs...Maybe they have to be reminded .. I will
have to find out.. its been over a year since this one has been
checked.. It may be time... considering how many times ive
bent and run into stuff with the joy stick.. I know the top little
knobbie tore off..2nd time for that.. Maybe a check up is in
order.. I will add that to my to do list.. :-)

The to do now for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE is to have
some lunch and then I dunno.. Probly take a nap..its what
Ive been doing lately :-) but if I do.. I will Return.. tomorrow..
:-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

3 Comments:

  • At 8:56 PM, Anonymous momar said…

    My boss has a Permobil which is swedish. everytime they come they take the chair in to the shop. he has an electric scooter but I think they are dangerous for transfers.
    I have allergies and my sinuses are always stuffy. Benedryl helps - I take it when my allergies are really bad.

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I'm having my allergies tested this Wednesday..seeing what been giving me so many problem...then having my nose fixed as soon as it can be done, it's been broke for 3 1/2 years...It's hard to believe it's been that long since I fell off the steps of my front porch 12/6/2006...after a big snow and ice storm. Will be nice to breath again with ease from my nose...I had no Ins at that time...
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Momar!
    Good to hear from you.. My chair is a quickie.. very good one..

    Hiya Mary,
    Sinuses are not a good thing..:-)

    Love N'Hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker