ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

~Ground Squirrel~


A thirteen-lined ground squirrel (striped gopher) (Spermophilus
tridecemlineatus) That's not my photo.. Mr Erwins'..

These are my photos.. back..
and front.. he posed for me.. he sees me..:-) look at the feet :-)

A friend wrote and disputed my calling my chippie a chipmunk,
he said no,was a gopher. Im not familiar with what I call a gopher and
this being one..another said it was a ground squirrel.. I will have to
admit its not a chipmunk. Its cute, fun to watch, that's the Important
thing. I hope the guy doesn't mind my borrowing his photo to compare
to mine :-) So, now we know..
celery...

My mom had an ongoing disagreement with a lady that lived down
the street.Her name was Doris Matthews.. Her husband, Jim, was
the town barber..My dad went to him..Only other one was down in
Iron River and he wasn't as good as Jim.. Well every in town just
about had a garden it seemed... Doris would take walks to check out
other gardens and sometimes she ran into my mom.. Mom
complained about the chippies getting into her garden..Digging holes
and eating things she planted..They like carrots as you can see :-) I
put some out for my..Hmm Chippie is a prettier name than gopher..
Carrot...

Well my mom described her chippie, Doris quickly corrected her and
said, "no, Violet, that's a gopher"..Mom disagreed and from that first
time my mom and Doris avoided each other..it went on for a long time..
I had gone home for a visit...during one of our walks down in the
cemetery, we ran into Doris..my mom quickly confronted Doris,
"Lois, tell Mrs, Matthews, that IS a chippie in the garden".. I was in a
bad spot. I had NO idea what it was, I thought it was a chippie too!
That's what my mom said it was! So I said, "yes, its a chippie"....
His tunnel is right there on the left..he loves carrots! :-)

So Anyhoway... Where ever you are Mrs. Matthews, I guess I was
wrong too...Mom.. Its a GROUND SQUIRREL!!! I feel better :-)
Now that THAT is cleared up..Lets say mine is a striped squirrel..
:-) and I sure enjoy his company.. Now I don't have to throw my
icckky carrots away, I can give them to...well what do I name him?
Hmmmm.. I will think of something.. :-) He LOVES carrots... and
celery, hes not too keen on green beans though :-)

I feel pretty good today, I slept.. ok..only woke up twice.. I did stay
up kinda late there were some good movies on. STARZ- its so
much better than HBO.. they steady have new movies on..they
don't continuously repeat the same ones like HBO does.. There
was a free channel called EPIX for a week or so, it had some
good movies too..but its an extra pay channel and I don't do
those..I got the Starz free when I got the bundle package..well
no I got HBO and changed when I had to renew my contract..
I kinda and kinda don't like this bundle..I lose my cable or electric
I lose my phone..for someone like me that's not good.. I need
a back up and since I got this bundle I don't have a 'land phone'.
like I did before.. even with no power, with a land phone I still
could call someone.. now I cant.. I don't have a cell..no need,,
I don't go anywhere..

Rain and storms coming this afternoon, and bad storms are
predicted for tomorrow.. I was listening to the Sturgis Oldies
Radio station.. and they announced about the Magic Show
that is in a few weeks I think.. I had forgotten about it..Lots
of people are in town then..Means LOTS of yard sales and
all sorts of people will be walking around.. I better make sure
I have a good supply of batteries.. :-)
Lunch time, but I dunno what I want..I will find something..I
always do...Time for this GORGEOUS WEEBLE to post
this and I think I shall take a 5 , I was up at 7..I shall return
too, just so you know :-) I know your're sayin "Yipee!" :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker