ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, August 13, 2010

~Faces~

One of my favorite movies, that stars 2 of my favorite actors,
is Face Off with John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. John is a
cop, Nicolas the bad guy.. They trade faces.. Well I saw a
show last nite called Boston Medical..truly amazing..and what
I saw as fiction in that movie is now a reality! There are 2 people
that have gotten new faces...:-)

A man died, and the hospital had a man that was missing his
nose and mouth and that lower part of his face..it was so sad..
A young guy too.. The man that died, they asked his wife would
she donate his organs....4 other people would survive if she did.
One of the things she donated was the lower part of her husbands
face, besides his liver, kidneys and lung I think.. There are now 2
survivors of a face transplant...a woman and now this man.. I think
its just amazing..Was kinda hard to see, but this is life, and what
these doctors will do..Said It took 25 doctors to do this operation.
Can you imagine the cost?

When I watched this show, it reminded me of that movie..Which
WAS fantasy...But you know, I think back to what I watched James
Bond and Get Smart had and did..Things they showed in a movie
as fantasy..well even going to the moon was fantasy and not thought
to be possible..NOW its a reality..I wish someone would come up
with a way to grow body parts back..and If I remember right I think
I watched a show about that too! It may happen in my life time..I
wonder if my legs grew back what they would be like..My luck they
would be short and with ugly toes, probly what I had :-)

We are having spaghetti for lunch today..That CLASSICO sauce
that comes in a jar, the 4 cheese one, they have other variety too,
but this is the best..We really like it.. It IS better than Prego and
Ragu cant hold a candle to it...;Ragu usta be better..Over the
years its flavor has not been good..I don't use or like it...Anyhow
way...

Its time to eat and send Penny on to her next client..So this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE is closing this down for today, I never
did get all I wanted done yesterday so I might try to do some
more of that..Maybe..:-) BUT.. I shall return!! :-)

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:37 AM, Anonymous momar said…

    I have cut way down on my hours, so each time I go to work, I take 2 quarts of low-sodium soup which I make. Tuesday, I'll make a green lentil soup. Last week, I made a red lentil soup. They always get used as a pasta topping as well.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Momar,
    I like lentils..We made them in a red sauce with tiny pasta..called it pasta favzool.. something like that..Dannys mom made it really good..She was a great italian cook but she was hungarian..I bet you make some great soup..when did you say your coming for a visit? lol..

    Good to hear from you!!
    Love N'Hugs..
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker