ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

~Pineapple Cookies~ BestI In The World~

Ive been asked lots of times for some of
my recipes, specially my pineapple cookies.
So today, I'm posting my recipe. It came
from my grandmother. It was one of my
moms favorite cookie recipes, and I have
ALL of them. Her recipe box is my most
prized possession..
That photo up there is my mom fixing lunch
I think, but if you look there on the counter
on the left you see a 3 tiered red with white
lid cookie jar. She kept 3 kinds of cookies
in that, all homemade. I never remember her
ever having store cookies in her house. Same
with bread, she made it herself.
That is the bowl my mom used for everything.
I can remember scraping out that bowl when I
was very small. If I had a dime for every time
mom and I used it Id be rich. :-)

That is her recipe box, full of wonderful tasty
recipes. This recipe is there, in her handwriting
notice she spelled cookie .... cooky.. I miss her.

Try the recipe and let me know if you liked them.
I have NO doubts you will.. In the meantime I
am still a GORGEOUS WEEBLE.. Keep well
and God Bless...

Always, Lois ****

Pineapple Cookies
Ingredients:
1 stick (8 Tablespoons) butter
1 egg
1 Cup brown sugar
3/4th cup (small can) crushed pineapple
(drained)
===
2 Cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup diced nuts (walnuts) cut small
===
Mixing:

cream butter and brown sugar together.
Add egg, and pineapple,
mixing well after each.

Add the flour,salt, soda, baking powder,
mix well. add vanilla and nuts. Mix Well....


Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes,
until lightly browned.


"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...


2 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger MaryC said…

    Hello Lois
    Hoping to have time this Friday to try out this recipe, I'm wanting it for Saturday morning for our church...
    God bless you Lois
    Mary

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    You will enjoy them. Theyre good!
    Penny made more today!
    Love n'hugs,
    Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker