ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, July 01, 2012

~Old Ways Are Best~




Its been so hot here, no fireworks for us.
They may change their minds and just change
where they fire them off.. They usually do it
here by me at the high school, but the elementary
school is right on Palmer Lake, so they may do
them there and aim the fireworks over the lake.
We've not been told yet. I know my grass and
everyone elses is brown, you sure don't hear any
lawn mowers that's for sure, but the grass isnt
growing anyway.. I do wish it would rain tho. I
know the farmers here are praying for it.. The
corn is sposta be knee high by the 4th of July,
or so the saying goes. This is farm country here.

I saw those horses coming down the road here
by my house and looked to see what they were
hauling.. Beautiful black horses, 2 of them and
look what they were pulling! A tractor, with a
baler or combine, some farm thing.. and the
horses had to save the day... What does that
show ya? :-) They turned the corner and came
in front of my place and I got the door open
in time and watched as they went by, the man
saw me with my camera, he smiled and I did
too and waved.. I bet he knew what I was
thinking.. Sometimes the old ways are the
best...

Did you know, that the only people that have
to carry a card to show they are American are
the Native Americans? Whats wrong with that?
I was told that I am Native American, that my
birth mother was Chippewa Tribe... I have no way
to prove it but I sure wish I could... I have quite
a few friends that are NA and the other day
one told me that she has to carry a card to show
she is NA.. that's like having a green card Id say
and those are for aliens to work here.. This is so
wrong...

Well I have calendars to make, but this
GORGEOUS WEEBLE wanted to come by
and say "hey" and hope your having a
great weekend, I am, a nice quiet, HOT
one :-) Keep well and God Bless..

Always, Lois ****

"God Bless You" is my prayer today,
I'm honored to call you 'friend'.
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again....

2 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Enjoyed reading today. I can't believe that Native Am. have to carry a card...that is bazarre! Love my tags this morning..used one I snagged of our name..Enjoy your day.

     
  • At 11:43 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hiya Lois!! I was shocked myself about that, I dont think its right.
    Snag away kiddo lol..have a good one,
    Love n'hugs,
    Lois

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker