ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, October 14, 2005

Realizing...

Today was so interesting with comments i recieved thru email
and messenger..What I noticed alot was, how many said the same
thing..they didnt really REALIZE just what its like to live in a chair.
How hard it is to really DO the slightest thing. Things before
when I had legs I complained as "sheesh , what a job ! " Now? wow.
triple that. I dont think would be quite so bad if I didnt have
trouble with my arms giving out on me. But they do.. My apt. isnt
really suited for someone in a chair even tho it was designed by
a couple that were in chairs. I can only guess they perhaps were
taller body , well torso, wise..If i lean all the way over,,front ways,
i can barely reach the floor, then i dont dare with out holding onto
the back of my chair, then folded in half like that and trying to do
whatever it is that i am wiping up that of course I have spilled,
dripped or broken on the floor, by the time i sit back up, well ..
im panting and out of breath. lol...not easy im telling you...

I think even myself, i didnt pay attention as to just exactly the
limitations are..or just how hard it was to do anything in a chair.
The choice was mine..legs or chair. well. its not as far a fall out
of a chair..and trust me..I HAVE fallen out of this thing only
cuz of dumbness and not following the rules...If your tired..go
to bed dont wait for a second..ask me how i know?? well that
floor will wake u up real fast .!!! ..try reaching..dont lock your
chair down..yup..sat my butt right down on that kitchen floor
I was so mad, Dutch was in HEAVEN ! i was down there just
to play with him and he did a happy dance.. LittleBoy? lol
His Highness just strolled over to me..and he stood there
with this look on his face as if to say.."ok..what are ya gonna
do now dummy?" and walked away... lol..took me 2 hours
to figure out how i was getting my butt back up in my chair
but I did it, in stages from floor to that big popcorn can, to
the cushionless part of the couch..to the cushion..then
TADA! into my chair...I was NOT calling 911,again, and telling
them "help,ive fallen and I cant get up" when i did it to
myself..I was fine..just a bit of a sore bottom..and more
MAD than anything, this is why i prefer my manual chair.
Keeps my arms strong...wanna arm wrestle me? lolol..JK JK
you would lose !! haha...

But seriously..if you know someone in a chair for what ever
reason, now you know it aint easy.. I was told once..
"your lucky, you get to sit all the time"...am I?

My birthday is in January, I have been thinking I would
like to go to London ..Ive never been overseas. Nice thought.

Y'all have a great nite... and hey guys.. thanks for coming
here and reading my little tidbits..I really enjoy this...and
I hope you will continue to let me know that you do..dont
be afraid to leave a comment here . I like knowing this is
being read... makes my day and I go to bed with a happy
face. Thanks Y'all come back now hear? oh.....
Happy Week end!!!
Always, Lois

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi there Lois, I was just browsing, looking for colon cancer early symptoms related information and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a colon cancer early symptoms site. It covers everything about colon cancer prevention, warning signs, and the treatment for colon cancer. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!
    If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker