ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

~Christmas Wish List ~




No, not mine.. YOURS ..lol.. Mine is kinda long . :-) I have been trying
to think of something different that I could put together for you for
Christmas, and I need some suggestions. If you read what Matrix said..
make a video doing exercises..good one.. but , I would like some other
input as well.. My cam is not working the greatest- only when it feels
like it. so take that into consideration when you send me your ideas,
I'll give you a couple days to let me know..then I'll post what it will be,
hmm no.. maybe I will let it be a surprise.... NOW...

Send me a mail to lovelylittlelegs@gmail.com and let me know what
you think would be a good idea for me to send for Christmas, depending
on camera function. I got it to work the other day for a little while, so
I may be able to play and tease it into working long enuff to take some
new photos or make a new small clippie, I will really try....

The NEXT step - when I get some suggestions.. If you want to BE on
my list,, well if you dont ask..how can I send to you? ..ok? the addy is
up there, if you want to be on MY list, BUT....fair warning.!. I put
you on MY list.. I better be on YOURS- lol Just kidding-but if you
WANT TO :-) you CAN add me to yours- that would be be ok too :-)
I LOVE to get presents, But you don't have to..not mandatory ok? :-)

I did make some pumpkin bread today, 2 loaves..and good? Well about
half way thru the great smelling cooking time, my stomach started
growling, so I put on a pot of fresh coffee..and they both finished about
the same time...I let the bread cool just a tad, got some wonderful fresh
butter.. and cut a slice of that bread.. had a cup of that good coffee and
M M M ..what a treat... I hadn't had pumpkin bread in a LONG time.
Let me tell you was it GOOD ! :-D

OK> your thinking> Miss Klutz made it thru baking bread and NO mess
to clean up?? ~ ya right.. welllll i went to get the butter out of the fridge
so it wouldn't be so cold when the bread was done..and I had the eggs,
the mix on a tv tray I use to work on as it's just the right height..
yup. I opened the door too wide, hit the tray , the 2 eggs along with the
loaf pan & bowl all hit the floor. The mix was l in the box (ok I cheated)
well the eggs hit the floor.., a mess .. think that was fun to clean up?
it was NOT. of course Dutch helped..lol.. The more I tried to soak up the
egg the more it spread..so I had even larger area to clean up..Now, egg
when it is on anything and even slightly dries.., dries hard..so I had to
work fast as the more I got up the thinner the layer and the faster it
dried Needless to say.. I got some good bending in today. I chairercized
hmm new word ALOT today :-D -Well I got that done.. got 2 more
eggs and proceeded to make my bread..

I guess you could say that I got a head start to working off that loaf of
pumpkin bread I KNOW I am gonna eat ALL of..well maybe Jane will
want some . but then she wont be here till friday.. ya..like there will be
some left by then HAHA...you KNOW there will be, yes? :-) I don't
really think so myself, to be honest ... :-)

Well think about the Wish List and send me your suggestions..and if
you want a slice of this pumpkin bread well..better hurry ..its not
gonna last long.. The boys had a piece and you can see by the picture
up top what happened, knocked them out lol that's the spot they fight
over, here by my computer..lol..Nice & warm for them under the light.
Im gonna crawl up on my bed now- with nice thick slice I'll warm up..
wonder how long its gonna take me to fall asleep after I eat this? :-)
Probly not long since Dutch woke me at 4:30 with his lovey little face
taps this morning, I'm tired..
So. I'm off to slice off a chunk of that bread.. .... : -)

Y'all have a good one now y'hear? luv ya..and thanks for all the sweet
comments and letters and prayers..your the greatest..
Always, Lois***


May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    How about a "Loises Cook Book"? This here Limey hadn't even heard of Pumkin Bread - sonds delicious - watch that butter, though - it makes wheelchairs shrink, sideways!!! lol. I'm a bit short on pumkins, at present!!
    You would have to interpret for your overseas friends - I don't know what Crisco is, for instance. Is it margarine or cooking fat, perhaps?

     
  • At 5:23 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife, Yes, Crisco is like a solid cooking fat, some say like lard? We have it in a liquid as well, an oil, we use it to fry and use in place of butter. My grandmother when she made pasties, thats what she used to make the crust,was lard she called it..now its more refined, we call it crisco lol. Pumpkin bread is wonderful.. I will send you a recipe that is excellent, not from a mix.
    have a good day.. :-)
    Always, Lois***

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cooking can be easy - not always - but cleaning up also takes time. Unfortunately your clean-up was bit more complicated this time. I love to eat bread - but I do not bake it. To bake bread in NYC would be like taking coals to newcastle for our limey friend. We have alot of Russians in NYC and there are lots of places to buy good russian bread and pickles. I make a good beet borcht and sour grass soup.

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Your a good cook Momar, geez we got some good cooks here maybe we do need a special cookbook. I know I'm hungry now lol. I'll find some of that pumpkin bread. :-) wonder why that is when you talk about food you get hungry? I know I do :-) hmmm might be a chronic condition though.
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker