ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, December 16, 2005

~Cleaning Day~



Today Jane came and it was bedroom cleaning day.. I didn't pay
attention just how messy it was.. I had dropped stuff down along the
side of the bed..and I could NOT get the bed to move no matter how
hard I tried to pull it, push it or anything.. When Jane got here I
asked her to help me..well duh.. yeah.. the brakes were on, on the
bed wheels.. I should have checked that instead of just getting so
frustrated when the bed wouldnt move. Its hard to reach the
brakes on the bed anyway as the box springs stick out. I got in
some good exercise today tho..we got alot done .

So many things had fallen off the tray table I keep at the end of my
bed that Dutch knocked off .. If I tried to get them I had to lay on my
bed on my stomach and try to reach the floor.. well.. I have SHORT
arms lol...plus some things had gotten under the bed too and I
just couldn't reach them.. So Jane got all that stuff out from there for
me, some things I had forgotten they had fallen down, its been a
while since the bed was moved..I've been tryin...:-) I'll remember
to check the brakes first before I try to move it . I do learn lol....


My dresser where my tv is I cant move at all by myself..IF I take the
drawers out, there are 4, then I can. IF I take the tv off.. It has a huge
mirror, its like a vanity type.. I wanted to move it to another wall , Ive
had this bedroom like this now since I moved in just about.. only
thing I changed in here was to slide the bed down the wall to the other
end by the window so I could put my computer desk in here, good
thing this is a big bedroom. Sure looks alot better now, more organized
and in order, it was getting to me. I'm glad I didnt have to do the bed
changing routine alone this time..sure is easier with help.but then most
things are if someone works with you, and we got alot done. Shes a
big help to me, and so nice too.

The pumpkin bread is all gone. I did save a piece for Jane. We had
a cup of coffee after she logged out with her boss, she didn't have
another client after me so we had coffee and a slice of bread and
sadly it has all been eaten.. well not sadly eaten but, well you know
what I mean lol..was GLADLY eaten just sad its all gone lol..Banana
bread is next..I'm glad these loaf pans aren't that big that I can use
this oven safely. its so dangerous and makes me nervous to use,
but I do anyway, I have the other one but not any pans to use in it,
all I have are metal, in fact the pans I use were my mothers. When I
dug them out I thought about how many times some good white or
wheat bread had been baked by my mother in those pans over the
years.. They have served many loaves and fed many people.

I did take a nap after Jane left and just got up a while ago..Ill be up till
midnite again watching tv then up at 4 am again..I have GOT to get
a better sleep schedule..It seems the cats start to prowl about 4 am
both of them..so I get up..stay up till 1 or so then lay back down till
5 or 6.. thats not a good sleep schedule for me, but seems to be
the one I am stuck in.. I really dont need a schedule I guess as the
only thing that IS planned during my week is when Jane comes and
that's only 2 days for 2 hours each time. The rest of the time I do
what I want, which I guess isn't bad.

The Christmas List is growing and I am pleased ! still haven't
decided what it will be yet, but I'm working on some ideas...I think
will be well liked. My cam seems to be co operating at least for
the time being.. I shouldn't say anything, or it might act up again.
If I don't move it around it seems to be ok.. although I just turned
it on the other day and immediately I froze up and couldn't do any
thing, and I had to shut off at the big box thingie, I hate when I
have to do that.

My apt is clean and my bedroom doesn't look like I live in here
so It was a good day..although all this reaching and stuff my arms
feel like they are ready to fall off. They get to aching so bad
sometimes when I steady use them .. good thing it only takes
fingers to run a televison clicker lol..That's where I am headed
over to see what's on tv.. All these channels and I watch the
food channel, HGTV ( home & garden) animal planet and
QVC Well I do check the HBO's too I love good movies..I hate
commercials..I click to another channel when one comes on,
then forget where I was and never get to watch one WHOLE
show lol.. oh well thats the joys of having so many channels
isn't it? :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? luv ya, and thanks...
Always, Lois***
May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

2 Comments:

  • At 3:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Do you have one of those gizmos with jaws on one end and a trigger on the other to help you reach high shelves AND UNDER BEDS?? They sure would be useful for you. I got one for my friend from the local car conversion and wheelchair centre. They are not expensive.
    Love and Hugs from
    Raife.
    (It's 9.47 a.m. here)

     
  • At 7:01 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Yes I have one, I call it my grabber. I use it alot..to use it to get under a low or up to a high spot I stll need the longer arm or the grabber will only reach in so far... With low spots, under the bed etc its hard to tell what I am doing as I dont get on the floor so I cant really see. ITs the same with some thing up high, I cant see, or reach far onto the shelf. They are great tho Id be lost with out mine. they work good grabbin cats too lol...
    Good Morning Raife ;-)
    Always, Lois***

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker