ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Friday, May 19, 2006

~I Stall, You Stall, NO Stall~ :-(

I wonder why sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets? I have
installed and uninstalled my 3 in 1 twice now and it still says I have
to download the software..I put the cd in- it ran, said was installed..
well THAT is not true..It will NOT scan.. I have NO idea now what to
do.. I have been reading the help and trouble shooting thingie and
havent been able to solve the problem.. I plugged that cord into
every one of those USB holes I have on this computer and not a thing
works.. I just cant figure out what is wrong..I think I just need to make
a phone call..talking to a live person..well one that knows what the
problem could be that is..Ive called some techs and I know more than
they do..so...I asked a 'friend' on yahoo what could the problem be &
all we did was get in a fight so I still dont know..I think the best thing
before I get TOO frustrated would be to call and talk to someone..
I didnt look to see if they have online help chat tho..I might do that..It
worked at one time..the pictures I posted on Sunday I scanned..now
it says "umm hey, we decided we ain't working no more..we just
wanna make you mad" I bet thats what that machine is saying when
it blinks that not working , install software..lol...go figure...:-)

However..I did get my new monitor hooked up..and it works so good-
when that screen lit up so did I, let me tell ya..wow..what a difference
totally totally awesome.. I can really actually SEE this.. It seems kinda
light tho..and I know I can adjust this.. but to get to the help manual on
THIS puppy..ya ..I have to d/l the adobe reader..this thing doesnt know
I already HAVE it? that makes me suspicious..so I figure I better wait
and when I can do something right for a change THEN ill mess with
the monitor settings..I am NOT taking any chances seeing as how
my 'luck' has been lately you know? I'm being smart here, I still have
a horrible back..but well I wanted this done..and by the time Raelynn
got here I had the old monitor on that table and this new one primed
and ready so.. I was prepared to get the scanner done..but now..it
says nope.. I wonder if the monitor has anything tto do with it? no..that
doesnt make sense..

My bedroom I want fixed up and I may seriously take down my sewing
room and just put my desk in there-I can drill a hole thru the wall for the
cable- bet me I cant--they would never know I did..then I could have
cable in there and be all set..well I could make it half half..sewing and
computer room too its a good size, I'd say hmmm 10 x 10? i dunno Im
not good with this room size stuff.. its nice..and a big closet and I think
arranged right I could do both in there sew and be on the computer..
Then I would have a normal bedroom..This one really looks like I live in
it .well I guess I really do.I go out to the kitchen and bathroom lol.I want
to get this place fixed up and made to look nice and the way I want it to
look.If I am going to stick it out here and NOT move..well then I want it
nice its not been painted or walls washed since I moved in 4 years ago.
It could use new paint and new carpet. Chris said he was "working " on
getting me some new..Well you know what that means...I may NEVER
get it lol...Ive got to get this bedroom back to a bedroom that Prince
Charming may still find me yet-you never know.Soon as his horse gets
better Im sure he will start looking again lol.

I think I can, with a little help from Raelynn and Ive already asked her
if she would help me get that room in order..that has to be first..THEN
I can move this desk etc and get this bedroom looking good, and my
sis has some great burgundy curtains that I want to put up in the living
room . and make some new curtains for under the sink..Raelynn doesnt
know about the free store or where it is..so I think I might make a few
new skirts..I have some really pretty silks that would be great if I do
take that holiday to Las Vegas.. I phoned and checked online today
about a trip there..by train I think..be 2 days on it..but its really cheap
and I want to do this, Ive never ridden a train..so I thought I could get
one of those package things for a couple days in Las Vegas..and
I would LOVE to go to a dinner show, and of course play some slots.
I just would like to see it..And I really need a holiday.. I checked the
price to fly to London..and HOLY CRAP~~!!! over $1200.oo I almost
fell out of my chair! but I guess thats cause of the gas prices.

I think this spring bug just bit the daylights otta me maybe is it.. I
dunno I think everyone gets restless.. Im all squeaky clean, Raelynn
was here, I am hoping Donnies mom and dad will call or stop by
I may call them in a bit.. Our girls birthday is Sunday she will be 22,
a great day..she such a dolly...They came from Wisconsin.. I would
guess they probly will have a dinner or something.. well I did not
have lunch I was too busy trying to fix this 3 in 1 problem and I am
hungry..Dunno what i want tho..will have do a search and seizure
I guess lol..hope y'all have a great week end..Nitey Nite :-)


Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? Luv ya & thanks..
ALways, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...

4 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois,
    Is it worth having a look in your list of installed programs to see if your scanner program is still there and try un-installing it and then re-install? Maybe your poor computer is a bit confused?? Blamed things never do what you want them to do, antway - they all have a won't of there own (not a "will" of their own, you understand!!)
    I guess if you clamped a paint roller to your chair you could go whizzing up and down next to the wall and get it painted double quick!! lol ;o)
    Take care, hon, lots of love and hugs from
    Raife. XOX XOX XOX

     
  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Raife,
    Yes, I had to install & re install 4 times..and call HP twice, its fixed finally..What aggravation..But all systems are go...

    Never thought of chair painting might be worth a try...
    Have a good day,
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I recently installed a new Epson printer. Printers are supposed to be easy to install and the computer owner should not have to think about a printer. As our computers get more powerful, we shouldn't have to have to think about ink levels in the cartridges. 4 cartridges now. Sometimes, I wish for the good old days when we had 360bps modems and okidata line printers. I still try to only stay on-line one hour or so.

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    I love taking photos.. I see all these old ones..and they just make me smile...I wish I knew how to take photos off of vcr tape..that would be so good.. I have old movies..id like to have them to put with my stories...

    So many of us are picture buffs..Raife is wonderful at it...y'all are so smart with this stuff..I'm learnin' tho...
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker