ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

~I Woke Up~


Well I have ONE good thing I can say about today ! I WOKE UP :-)
That's about it...My back & hands.. well THATS why I have been
awake since 3 am this morning.. I got my new monitor yesterday,
and I of course..well you KNOW I hate to wait...so I lifted, tugged and
managed to lift it onto the bed.. then was trying to get it out of the box.
Mhmm sure,, THAT was easy...another one of those EASY open things..
They had tape that TOOK almost a hack saw to cut on it..Well it was a
fight.. Now the monitor itself is kinda heavy but boy is it nice.. By the
time I got it out of the box, and moved to my desk..I realized I had a
back ache. Plus remember my kitchen attacked me again yesterday
with the bruise on my hand and stump..picking all that up off the floor
then the cup shattering and sweeping ..well then the monitor..I did so
much bending and stretching, no wonder I have a horrible back ache.
I could NOT sleep. I know ,,, say it.. ok i'll say it for ya... "YOU KNOW
BETTER."Well ONE of these days i'll learn..get some helpppp LOL..

I didn't hook up the new one..its here on top my desk..but now to
do this..I have to move my old monitor which is one of those HUGE
old ones that weigh a TON, then move my big box I call it..the
modem..cpu..where all these wires plug into, box, then slide the old
one to the edge, carefully, and then move this tray table I have here
up to the desk and pull, slide, tug this old monitor on it so I can move
it into my sewing room. THEN hook all this back up...I still need a
new keyboard and speakers. but no big hurry,, I do have a hard time
typing because I wore the nubbies off , the one you feel under the
letters J and F? if you dont know why they are there, its so you know
where to place your hands with out looking...I'm lost with out mine..
ANYWAY, I then have to hook up this new 19 inch SLIM monitor..
It is SO WONDERFUL.. I still haven't done it..I just couldn't today,
so THAT should tell you JUST how badly my back hurts that I just
did NOT want to make it worse. But this new one? Oh LORDY..
its almost as GORGEOUS as me..!!!! :-)

But, I am still here, kickin, and mad at myself because I am so
impatient and just HAVE to DO everything myself and then get into
CRAP...Everyone is so busy.. Dawn came over just a while ago
for us to barter, and Donald is launching his pontoon boat, by himself..
and it is SO windy out there, hes having a heck of a time..and called
Dawn twice while she was here screaming "HELPPP" so she ran
back home before he strokes out..hes worse than me for patience ...
maybe thats why we get along..:-) And my sis is over an hour away
and she called me the other nite to update me on my niece and the
drama at her house...She WAS pooped too.She works 4 days a week
and I don't expect her to come up EVERY week end and her or Stan
are the ONLY ones I can call and ask "hey can you help me?" which I
honestly HATE to do..I have NO choice sometimes..but... I HAVE to
try myself first....and I get into CRAP.. I LOVE that word...it just says
it all doesn't it?

So anyhow way, I'm done whining and boo hooin...I did not do nuthin
today..I sat on my butt in this chair just aching and trying to rub my
own back , I had to it hurt so bad sometimes.. Lunch? well guess
what? today it was actually GOOD!! and I ate it..was a goulash type
stuff - elbow macaroni with like a tomato meat sauce on it..garlic
bread, that I can STILL taste, and green beans..Only thing I didn't
eat was the fruit, it was pineapple..which is ok..but to me..fruit is
NOT a desert. Very seldom do I get cookies or cake or pie..when they
do give those they cram the pie or cake into a bowl type thing..But I
ate so I wont have to have; ok I dont NEED, a snack or stuff now lol..
well maybe a few of those Lorna Doone cookies. :-)

I do think its time to say again to those that read and leave the great
comments for me, that I sincerely appreciate that you read me
and that you take the time to leave comments, AND such GREAT
kind things you say, and those that take the time to email or leave me
offline messages on Yahoo..THANKS!!! I LOVE it..I really REALLY
like to know that you ARE reading this.. I don't want to hurt anyones
feelings by saying that I do write all this for me..it really helps me..
this is a great outlet for someone that likes to write..and That
someone else is REALLY interested and CARES about me I just
cant even really tell you how good that makes me feel.. Don't hesitate
to contact me.. I DO NOT bite lol..and I will answer your email..now..
if I ask questions..its ONLY cuz I am SERIOUSLY NOSEY..lol..No. I
just like to know YOU ,, like you know me..and if you have read ALL
my weblog..well I don't think there is really TOO much I havent told
to the whole of the net..but I am glad that its being read ..and that if I
can make someone feel better, give a bit of a lift to them or even make
one of you Devotees happy? well hey ..it dont get no better than this.
Thanks hey? Y'all are just so great..and I have to say this every so
often or well..I wouldn't want you to think that I didn't care ..I hope
you can tell that I do- - anyways..:-)

Dutch is here peeking at the screen I Know hes waiting for me to type
out the word- hsilbup- see if he can read backwards lol hes giving me
a look like "ok whats that word" lol..PUBLISH !! There - well..hes
headed to the kitchen no - no he cannot read..I think he maybe counts
paragraphs and knows I try to keep them under 6 lol well, I don't want
y'all's eyes to burn out ya know? so this achy breaky back, sore hands
and bruised stump are goin over to that bed and watch ugly Donald
Trump and see who he fires tonite. All the ones Ive seen I wouldn't hire
anyway..None of them show me anything..lol...I bet I could sell more
lemonade in Manhattan than they could !!! Take care ,, don't LIFT
anything heavy..dont JAM your freezers full of stuff and DONT keep
heavy glass stuff up on the shelves and WAIT ..for someone to help.
See? I know..lol..Now I just have to "Practice what I preach" don't I?
Nitey nite... :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? LUV YA !!! & THANKS !!!
Always, Lois****

May God Bless you today,
I'm so honored to call you friend,
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again...


4 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    That's great that you got your monitor finally. I know that you have been aching for it for a long time. I hope that it works as well as it looks.

    Back pain is the pits. I we wver find ourselves in the same coutry I will be happy to dispense back rubs.
    Have a great day, Lois.

    -Gray

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Gray, Well I said I would wait for Raelynn but well.. I was having trouble with my scanner so I had to redo it..everything needed pulled out..so I pulled EVERYTHING off and redid it all..I connected new monitor I could NOT have imagined it would be this wonderful..I can REALLY SEE IT!! and the room on my desk now wowowowowow..lol.. Raelynn can help me clean up the mess..But I did do it..back is still sore and theres a knot back there..but well hey, Im used to pain..so you just work around it..but If im ever in Boston..well I will take you up on that backrub now ..so beware fella !!! :-) now just a new keyboard, and speakers im set..I try using my headset,, and it drives my ears nuts..makes them itch is there a kind covers your whole ear? I think thats the trouble...

    Ohh if you dont have one of these monitors? well..its wonderful..I can SEEEEEE :-)
    Have a good day!!!! :-)
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    That is great news. I'm sure that you will be a lot happier.

    Yes, there are headsets that are more comfortable and cover the whole ear.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    well thats great Ive never really checked them out before I will have to see waht there is..voice is alot better with a headset..
    thanks :-)
    Always, Lois****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker