ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Thursday, November 23, 2006

~Happy Thanksgiving~


Todays weather update... lol.. FOG! Never know what your
gonna see when you look out your window hey? Even headlights.
these were taken at 8:38 this morning..AND...know what??? I
woke up happy..I DID~!!!! :-) hey..thats good.. I got some of the
nicest Thanksgiving letters in my email this morning with some
of the most wonderfully kind words..just almost made me cry,
all the kind things said to me.. to know that I am admired for having
strength and honesty and for all I write here. Means alot to me,
and to know I could encourage someone else ..well I am really
glad that I do..Then I AM doing something arent I? :-) Not just
rolling around in here knocking the paint off the door facings,
and painting what is NOT ment to be painted.... lol

I painted my wall in the kitchen I put the photo there as proof I
DID IT ..finally.. and well..Ya, I got paint on me, the floor and did
you know those roller thingies the paint goes up inside, then they
drip? lol..hey! Ive never painted with rollers before..I used brushes,
I wasnt allowed dangerous stuff like that..lol..I got some on my
tablecloth, and on even the white trim..but this paint is washable..
just wipe it up..THANK GOD!!!

See my hands ? I did not wash it just so I could tell on myself lol..

Hey ..the wall looks good..and I did it all my own self lol..

This wasnt easy.believe me.. but I like the blue. That wall looks
nice, but it still needs something else,, I dont know what..But it has
to have daisies..white ones with the bright yellow centers..I put that
old bird cage stand in the kitchen and put a plant in it..No..not real
silk.. I cant have real plants.My son does NOT allow me to have
real plants.. I tried..no no..as the boy grew..he found there is DIRT
in a REAL plant.. Many times I had to drag him out of my ivy,
thinking he was hiding. Even if its hanging in the birdcage stand..
he WILL try to get it.. I had to pull him out of that even..he had jumped
from the dining room table up into it.. Hes bad...lol.. so I have
just learned what is allowable around this cat..These 2 are so
different its amazing.They have been fighting quite alot lately that I
have had to yell at them to break it up.. The comparison to children
children is astounding..I get busy..and they want attention they
know exactly what to do..Both will get in front of my monitor and
walk back and forth..Dutch found out since I have this new slim
one that now he can walk all the way around it..so when he decides
its time for attention he goes round and round. till I yell at him to
"GET OFF!!!" then he DOES run lol..Kids..

I did get alot done though..look at my desk and the wall above the
chair..Do you have any idea how hard it was to pound that nail in
to hang that bloody picture there above the desk? well..let me see.
I tried from front of the desk, then I tried from the side, then I tried
at an angle..THEN I had to figure out a way to hold the stinkin nail
AND pound it in at the same time all stretched out from my chair!
I bet I dropped that nail 6 times..now this is holding on to the nail
with my grabber..so I take the grabber, look at it.. and realize..hmmm
im holding this really hard, well so I wouldnt drop the nail yes? well
also the stupid thing wouldnt pound into the wall I was holding it so
tight!!! I couldnt hit it that hard now, so..anyway, I get it in..and I lift
the picture up and the nail falls out..this is a sheet rock wall, the
studs are not even..well I had to do another nail.DO NOT LOOK
behind the picture lol..:-) anyway theres the proof the picture is hung,
I hung my clock above the chair, and even my burgundy candles
in their brass candleholders are all lined up on the desk as well..I
kinda didnt like that picture and I hadnt planned on my candles there,
but they look kinda nice.. so maybe for a while I will keep them there
until I see what I can get for over by the mirror..that wall is next its
just BARE..lol..So ok..I get a pat on the back now and a nice Atta Girl,
I worked hard today.. :-)

I think I may have to put risers under the legs on my bed..lol.. well
its kinda hard to drag my butt up and back into my chair.. its not
a huge distance, maybe a few inches..but when you wake up and
have to make a potty call or just get up in the morning..well me,
for one,, Im not at my strongest you know? so this GORGEOUS
weeble butt kinda DRAGS..lol..even though its not much..it really
is when you have to pull backwards..thats how I do it anyway..I
honestly dont know how other amps do their getting into bed etc.
I made up my own way..No one honestly really ever told me OR
showed me how to do what I had to do..They did teach me how
to use the board, to safely transfer out of the bed using it..which
I dont..I only use the board to transfer into a car..not in here..But
I taught myself really...specially the pottying part..I guess being a
sak first for almost a year..that when I became a dak I knew how
to maneuver in the bathroom..well..I just made up what was easy
and safe for me.. I saw a dak young woman fall when she was in
the bathroom, even before I lost my legs..I was in rehab in Indiana,
and there were 4 daks there..The one girl..young..only 20's..a real
sweetie..fell..she was trying to turn I guess .. but she got stuck
between the toilet and the wall..AND got hurt.. so no ..I am NOT
turning ..no.. who said the rules were you cant sit facing the back
anyway? I havent seen them lol.. :-)

My Dolly brought a dinner to me.. talk about good..wow..I mean..
Dawn did good today.. Then later..Penny came by with dinner!
IT was excellent..I LOVE pumpkin pie..that is my VERY BEST
FAVORITE.. ..well I like blueberry and lemon too..no its my fav.
lol..I LOVE pumpkin bread too..MMM.. well now im on food..
why is it when you write about food you get hungry or even talk
about it.. I talk on voice with my Dear English friend with the
wonderful accent or Blue..and food is talked about I get hungry!
amazing.. I think though that is a subject that ANY age grouping
can always talk about..brings everyone into a conversation lol
specially women with recipes..Although I do know some men
that are EXCELLENT cooks that really like getting good recipes.
Men make wonderful cooks I think because they are more avid
eaters than women, not that they enjoy it more..but they are more
seen showing their big appetites... I see these women that are
cooking.. like this Rachel Rae, shes so pretty, lots of teeth..and
talks very fast while she cooks..then flips her long hair around,
and looks anorexic..she must not eat all this food she prepares!
There is another one that does a show that is just SO pretty..some
bash (party) dinners..she is SUPER skinny. I watch that Emeril..
too.. all these cooking shows make all this elaborate stuff that I
dont keep in my fridge !!! lol..But I do like the food shows tho..I
like the ones where they travel around going to restaurants and
small cafes..or recommended places in small towns.I enjoy
that, and THOSE places are where you get the GREAT full bodied
meal..not one that should be up in a frame on the wall. lol.. I like
fancy yes..but..I like plain and GOOD and lots of it.. lol..But then
dont we all..in no matter WHAT it is lol...

Well Happy Thanksgiving..I am not done counting my blessings
and I know I will not have a day that I dont have at least one..I have
my boys..thats a daily one..so is my computer..and most of all
ALL my dear friends that live here in this machine..that I can visit
with every day, that write or tell me all those sweet kind things..
Blessings never end.. :-) and this GORGEOUS weeble has
Many,Many blessings..Nitey Nite..:-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya..and thanks bunches :-)
Always, Lois****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..



8 Comments:

  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon soir,
    Beautiful blue hands.
    Robert

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Ahh, Bon Soir Robert..
    Yes, lovely lol..It does it automatically just has to get on me lol.. I try..all i can do lol..
    hope your having a nice relaxing evening.. good to hear from you..:-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois you have done a wonderful job painting. I always get paint all over me and everything else too...Now isn't that the way it done right.Love all your pictures you send...HAPPY THANKSGIVING LOIS..you are a blessing...I had a wonderful Dinner with my family here...Mary

     
  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Thanks Mary!
    I told Dawn and Donnie the fun I had painting and pounding that flippin nail in the wall would you believe they laughed LOL..so did I lol..Its fun to decorate, be more fun if I had room for everything..lol..I never was good at painting..

    Im Glad you like my photos, wait till i get my scanner connected!! lol...I like taking them..Wish I did today when Cameron was here again ..what a cute kid..hes his grandpas boy tho..Donnie just loves that boy..well 3 daughters? lol..

    Hope your Thanksgiving was good Mary..so nice to hear from you..
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Gray said…

    Those are great photos, Lois. Congratulations on your painting- the place looks very nice.

    Good luck with the weatherization program and LIHEAP.

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    You did a great job with the painting. Every time you show us a bit of your home, it looks better. You'll soon get it licked into shape. Well Done, Gorgeous Weeble. Have a House Point!!! I guess that'a right for good work on the house?
    Take care, Hon. Lots of love and gret big hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:40 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray, thank you :-) i think it looks really good..im trying to find silk daisies in the winter lol..ummm :-)

    Thanks Raife
    Im slowly getting there..I am really enjoying this. its hard but oh well its doable. and im doin! :-)
    hope you had a good day
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Saturday: I am going to pick at least another pint or 2( 5dl each) of callalloo and freeze it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker