ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, November 25, 2006

~Ooops..~

I did a major no no this morning.. I had just gotten a cup of coffee,
it was sitting here in front of me while I looked at my email .. I had
taken a sip, and thought to myself that perhaps I would see about
getting a brand new one as this really wasnt hot hot coffee.. I set
the cup back down, between me and the keyboard, arm on each
side..ive done this before.. I went to reach for the cup to take
another drink and didnt raise my hand up high enough, and hit the
cup of coffee knocking it over onto the desk and into my lap. It
wasnt HOT HOT..I did have to stop for a minute as it did take my
breathe away, it had gotten mostly on my left stump..between my
legs,and part of the left and of course my stomach..my cushion
is still soaked..I had my skirt on and it was dripping wet. it ALL
went on me, not a drop even got on the floor. If it had been hotter
I could be in very serious trouble..thankfully Im not. my right stump
and of course my belly are red..the left is a little but not bad..it did
a direct hit on the right.its tender.my poor cushion will never dry.lol

Ive been having some serious conversations about the Dev issue....
which to me should not be, but it really is. It does affect so many that
arent even aware of it.. I have a friend said " I am going to quit being
a dev" Honey, you cant.. . . . just sit back and enjoy the ride...lol.. In
the past few days, why I have no idea..but 2 dear friends..have said
they have to 'back away, then its the "its not you, its me" No..that is
NOT so! it is ME as well..it affects me..it makes me feel bad .. I have
feelings too.. Why do I have to be left out because of who and what I
am... Yet..I can understand..especially if the dev is married. . what I
think many dont see,, is that I am NOT a threat..to anyone..no.. I
could be friends with a Devs wife..IF she would let me! I would try
to help her to understand..to try to explain that its the same sort of
thing as being intrigued by horses or women with other good body
attributes..or any kind of thing that YOU are interested in..

Maybe since I am new at being a DAK, well its only 5 yrs..thats still
new...I can see both sides. a wife, or husband would feel threatened
by anything that took any kind of attention away from them. I think
so.. I mean my ex and his hunting drove me NUTZ . He had to have
ALL his camo clothes the same material now..ALL had to match
from his pillow he sat on to the cap on top his head....like you KNOW
the deer fashion police will get you lol...its the same thing..and
MONEY? wow..THAT is a VERY VERY expensive habit..specially
when you have to have a gun for every kind of season, small arms,
shotgun, rife, blackpowder and of course his favorite BOW hunting.
So whats the difference? A man, or woman even, collects photos of
amputee women? I see no difference my ex could sit and watch
hunting videos for hours..we didnt have a computer but his mom
did and she put a hunting thing on for him well guess where he
stayed when we went over there? see what I mean?

This does bother me though and I really try hard to explain it..and I
try hard to understand it .. I get so MAD sometimes..and I try very
hard not to..and see both sides of why some people do this.. I dont
think that it will ever be resolved..because we are all so different..
and there are good and bad in everything.. Im not saying my friends
decisions are bad ones..by no means..This is what they felt they had
to do..only THEY know what is best for them..Best for me..would be
to not lose them.but..well..this is NOT my doing.its theirs..and their
choice and their loss.. Heyyyy Im GORGEOUS here.. *wink* lol

After slopping coffee all over me, I got up at 5:30..every day this
week I have been getting up before the birds...I went and crawled
up on my bed and took a long nap..slept from about 930 to 1 ..and
sound asleep..woke up with the boys right next to me, so i really
didnt do alot today other than try to figure some peoples kids out
lol. People are just people..gotta luv em.. some I could just SMACK!
but..well...I am always here..and I dont hide..my mail is posted..so..
I can be reached anytime. :-) I hope they keep in touch.. I did get
a post from a dear sweet friend in Chicago..was so very nice to hear
from him again it has been a long time. hes been missed was so nice
to know all is well by him..dear man, and I was pleased he left a
comment..see? its easy to stay in touch with me lol...NOT that IM
easy now lol.. I have a nice pumpkin doughnut out in the kitchen
with my name on it.. I keep ice tea in the fridge (can) and I put it
into a cup, warm it..and have HOT tea! easy..no sloppy tea bags lol.
and with a doughnut, works for me!
Hope I didnt rag but well .. i get in these snits..so bare with me :-)
and its an interresting subject.. . . dont ya think?
Nitey Nite :-)

Y'all have a good one now Y'hear? luv ya..and thanks.. :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..

12 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois my dearest dear one!
    I was and think i still am a dev, BUT......
    Since i found YOU, that isnt the whole issue any longer. Off course your legs is a wonderful part of your body, but the rest of you that i have found since i met you online is...... Well let me put it this way: If you were ablebodied i think i could have the same feelings for you, as i have now.... But if you were out running on your legs, meetin other guys all the time what intrest would you have in me? So i am glad you sit there in your chair without your legs, and that the devotee-thing drove me close to you. Cause if these things had not been, i had never met this gorgeous Lois of mine.... Cause you are? Aint you?
    Kisses all over dear you....
    ***+*
    Your own
    Rob

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Dear Robert..
    Your so sweet..that is true, I am glad there are Devs, if they have to have names. I would not have met you or any of my other wonderful caring friends. It is a good thing. How can caring for someone be bad? :-) so good to hear from you.. yes, my dear. its all good.. :-)
    Always,Lois ****

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bon soir ma belle,
    Robert

     
  • At 4:02 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Nite Robert..
    Bon Soir mon cher... ?? is that right? I need a French refresher course I think :-) lol
    Hope you have a good rest...
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 10:34 AM, Blogger Gray said…

    You have some insightful advice for devs, I think. It is a breath of fresh air to talk to you about such things. You have a flexible attitude!

    Sorry to hear about the coffee. I hope you feel better soon.

    Have good Sunday.

     
  • At 11:38 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Gray,, well I try to understand this..and really theres not alot to understand..its just PEOPLE lol..

    Hope your having a good day..Stump is very red today but ok.. I was lucky..
    Always, Lois****

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lois so sorry you got burn. I wish thing like that wouldn't happen.You have a great Sunday and keep your lap free from coffee. Visiting the nursing home today, so many of my friends are ending up there. Getting older is sure hard on on the body. God bless you......Mary

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary,
    Yes, I know what you mean.. The Dearies at the Hellhome were such loves. I was so glad so many didnt know they were...

    Naaa I aint gettin any older Mary.. I refuse :-)
    Hope your having a good day, My stump is red and sore its a good thing that little dripper wasnt making super hot coffee i could have been in REAL trouble. :-)
    take care Mary..so nice to hear from you...
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey.
    I hope the stump is feeling less sore now. Don't get that iced tea too hot, though.
    But what a Barbaric way to make hot tea!!!!
    You should heat the tea-pot with boiling water, put in the reqired number of bags or tea-spoons full of tea, bring the pot to the kettle that has just boiled and add the freshly boiled water to the pot. Leave to stand, under a tea cozy, for five minutes, put a little milk in the tea-cup and add the hot tea. (NEVER add milk to tea, ALWAYS tea to milk) You see, we Limeys are fanatical about our tea!!! lol ;o)
    End of lesson!! take care, Hon. Lots of love and great big hugs from
    Raife

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Raife lol..
    Barbaric..no no just quick fast~! Yes my Deahhh..I do know the proper etiquette for tea..although I dont put milk in it. My grandparents always did and used big cups too. I like tea..Earl Gray is a fav. Tea is a good thing..

    Stump is red and sore but well its my own fault..I do more stuff to my own self..sheesh whats that called? Its not good anyway lol..
    Hope your sunday was a nice one..getting late for you. :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Here is a coffee story: The Lawrence-Livermore lab was getting a new Cray Super-computer a number of years ago. Oooops, one of Cray's field engineers spilled a cup of coffee with cream and sugar into the guts of the new computer. Sugar is the no-no - it is an electric conductor and it shorted out many of the new boards which had to be sent back to the factory for cleaning and testing.
    Here is a rule about coffee I heard years ago from the coffee brewers institute:
    The farther west you go in the USA the weaker the coffee. I use 2 Italian steam pressure espresso makers. (a stove top and an electric counter top model.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Momar..I bet you make some killer coffee..I love it..My fav is really Hawaiian..ive never tried expresso tho.. sounds good ...
    Always. Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker