ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Saturday, February 17, 2007

~All Clear~

The sidewalk in front of my house is clear, the ramp and
there is a path along side the house going to the driveway
thanks to Robert from the COA.. People named Robert just
seem to be the sweetest people.. I heard the snow blower
and lifted the towel off the window to see him going by
below.. I was surprised to see was him.. I was told that he
had a slight heart attack and couldn't do this anymore and
is why his girlfriend Mildred and her son were coming to do
it.. He knocked on the door when he was finished and he
came in and we sat and talked for a while..hes very nice.. I
sincerely apologized for not having any cash here but I don't
keep any here very often only when Penny brings me change.
He assured me that was no problem and that was NOT the
reason he did this for me.. I looked out and he did a great
job.. I asked him about what happened and he said he was
not supposed to be doing this..but he is not doing anything
but guiding the snow blower and not pushing..and he just
pulls it down a ramp hes fixed on the back of his van.. His
words were "Im not dead..and Im not gonna just sit around,
If the Lord wants me..well he woulda taken me. Im careful.
but I aint stoppin" I told him "I know what you mean" he
looked at me, smiled and the comment .."yes, I know you
do, you are doing quite well"..

But that's how it is.. we both agreed..if our eyes open in the
morning ..thank GOD..if they don't..you will be with Him ..so
either way you win.. and he , like me, we arent going to just
sit and wait..but keep on doing and going on.. He is doing
good though but said his Dr called the DMV and had his
drivers license suspended because he passed out while
he was driving. I did not know they could do this.. I guess
they can..the stinker is still driving..he says, they can just
give him a ticket then and he will still keep on driving.. And
that is my same feelings.. you just have to keep on for as
long as you can and do the BEST that you can..Passing out
while your driving is NOT a good thing..but he said he felt
it coming and stopped the van..and wasn't out but for a few
seconds..said hes very cautious..I hope so. I laffed and told
him to let me know when hes on the road and I wont be..
we both laughed but it is a serious thing..it was nice to sit
and visit with him for that little while..I enjoyed that. so did
the boys..they just didn't understand the wet boots..LB put
his little foot on it..felt the wet..shook it, looked like "ICK"
and walked away ..Dutch he was all over it had to check
out that wet cold thing hes so nosey ..Penny caught him
in the potato bin..lol..he climbed through the other side
when she was checking his cat food for me, when she
wasnt looking..lucky she heard him diggin or he may have
been stuck in there like he was the other night under the
kitchen sink..he can get in ..but not OUT..stinker..lol..

The snow has steadily come down all day and I bet we have
maybe 13,14 inches out there I will watch the weather and
see what it says..but the roads are clear and kinda slushy but
I think that's from the sand and salt they put on.. the sun hasnt
really been out at all.. I dropped my new digital camera by
accident trying to take it into the bathroom to take some photos
of the new curtain and now when I take pictures and load the
card into my 3 in 1 it says no images on the card.. I fear I may
have damaged the camera.. I have the manual and have tried
to find a trouble shooters thing but it doesn't say anything about
if your stupid enough to drop the camera that it will not down
load the photos onto the card..lol..I think that's the problem its
not with my 3/1.. as it worked before..

I didn't really DROP the camera.. I had it next to me. I have no
lap now remember..and I was going a TAD..fast..and I ran
into the door facing. I had a pink silk skirt on..so when I hit
the door I stopped but the camera kept going and I couldn't
grab it before it hit the floor with out falling out myself.. I never
reach with out holding on.. I learned THAT a long time ago..
lol. I fear when it fell that something got damaged.. I know..I
am such a speed racer..I forget and just go to fast forgetting
I only have just enough room for tires..not even my hands.. I
have to hold on to the sides of the door frame and pull or
push through .. or I will knock the bark off my hands. I KNOW
lol..why I have digger marks on the backs of my hands lol..

All is well over at the kids with the dog and the snow boots..
Donnie will learn and he says the dog doesn't lolol but he
gets so upset when Jerky doesn't mind. I had to remind him
dogs..and cats..are like kids..and no matter what ya gotta
love em.. never hit an animal with your hands.. hands
are for loving and making things better..how can you feed
and love with some thing that will hurt you so badly? no..I
am a firm believer in DO NOT HIT, ever.. for any reason..I
have a temper..a bad one im told..but I never hit..hell I don't
wanna get hit or bit back!! lol..geez..I told Donnie..that dog
wont forget..you might need him one day and hes just gonna
smile and say"say..remember that time I ate your boot?"
food for thought lol..

Food time at the Weeble house..we is plowed. and clear
we is clean ..and got food..little drafty but..not bad.. I still
am pretty tired to day tho..and Not done a whole lot other
than some mail, and im gonna eat, treat the boys, and go
and watch TV. Saturday nite? hmm ohh COPS is on..I
got up early, so I dunno I may find that eyes shut button
before that lol.. Nitey Nite..:-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya. and thanks :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe
until I write again..



7 Comments:

  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Lois
    So happy you got your ramp and sidewalk clear, I know that a big job.
    It sound like you got lot of snow, now all you need is a snow man to look at. Is there any children in the block?
    I work for a friend a few hour this morning, she had to do some reranging in her living room. My back is letting me know about it now, I got to stop lefting heavy thing.
    Got the church all clean up this evening, Michael help me...Bob is under the weather now with that cold. He been staying in the last few days.
    Stay nice and warm my friend...hope you don't to much more snow, sound like you have all you need right now.
    That wind is what make it so cold around here, the wind going to stop some time tonight.
    God bless you Lois.
    Mary

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allo Lois,
    Happy that for you that Robert cleared the snow for you. Sounds like a real nice person.
    Hang in there Kid, don't give up the ship.
    Regards,
    Robert

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was at the building supply place today, and there was a couple new to the nabe. She is from Hungary & her husband was from Connecticut. Next door to my new house there is a couple with a daughter - she is from Guyana and he may be from Brooklyn.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Honey,
    I suppose it's not the card in your camera that is cracked? Maybe Penny or Dawn has a card you could try in your camera instead of yours? That would tell you if the camera is damaged.
    That was SO good of that guy to clear the snow for you. Thank God there are such nice folks around. (They don't find there way to city hall, apparently!!)
    Take car, Hon. L.O.L. & G.B.H. from
    Raife

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Mary,
    Yes, not good lifting that heavy stuff, will tear a back up..I know I tried moving my bed last nite closer to the wall , didnt work and i know it today..:-( We got more snow last nite, roads were clear and now they are covered again..Hope Bob gets to feeling better.

    bon jour Robert.. :-)
    Yes Robert's that I know are just the sweetest people lol..Im trying hon..but I think my ship is gettin too many holes in it :-D

    Hi Momar,
    Your nabe has quite a variety of in habitants, from all over..must be interesting. Hope your getting your new place all fixed..just dont over do now...

    Hi Raife, I checked that out first thing and put in another card I have that ive not used and took some pictures. and they didnt scan out either.. I think the camera is damaged.. I hope not I love that thing..:-( I still have my webcam, but its not the same and it has to stay attached. If I hadnt given Dutch the strap to the camera I could have carried it better, but If I hadnt he would have drug the camera off the desk to get that strap.. he has a thing about stringy stuff ..we are weird here lol.. I sadly think its the camera.. I dont think its my 3/1..

    Hope y'all have a nice sunday..take care and thanks hey..So nice to wake up and read these nice things..thanks :-D
    Love Ya!!
    Always, Lois ****

     
  • At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "People named Robert just seem to be the sweetest people"....
    Well well well, my dearest dear one, that made my day. I hope you count me in with the rest of the Roberts....
    Take care hon, until....
    See you
    KAO
    ****+*
    Robert
    aka
    Rob

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Lois said…

    Good Morning Rob,
    Yes, you are most definitely a sweetie, amazing how some names seem to be more TLC filled than others, (tender,loving,care)...
    Hope all is well by you, we have more snow..but sun, nice out..
    good to hear from you :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker