ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Sunday, December 23, 2007

~Bad Cam Photo ~:-(


My webcam is just not doing right and this is the best photo I
could take I don't know why sometimes it will focus and then
others it wont.. I cant use it on any of the messengers either.
I have NO idea what is wrong with it..Perhaps wore out..I do
use it a lot.. Its lasted a long time..3 years so that's pretty good.
I tried setting it back to default but didn't work so I don't know
what to do with it.. I tried making a video and its just as snowy
as this.. I tried the two sizes too and nothing works.. Makes me
mad..everything is falling apart it seems.. My little one cup at
a time finally really quit.. I had to dig out the big one.. it worked
but not the same.. I will get a new one maybe for my birthday
which is next month... the 20th .... don't forget! :-)
I woke up.. no the 3 of us, were all snug and warm in my bed and
all of a sudden about 4:15 or so this morning I hear this awful
howling, then stopped then back again.. I laid there for quite a
long time trying to figure out what it was.. the boys took off running
away from what ever they thought it was.. It was the wind! it was
blowing so hard out side ... I hadnt heard it the wind that loud or
blow that hard since we had the tornado warnings.. Lasted for
quite a while..and by then I was wide awake of course and I just
got up.. It rained later in the morning then snow flurried off and on
all day. I had listened to the weather last nite and was really bad
farther west in Kansas and headed to Chicago then of course
we got it.. as we are next in line.. Cold today too.. steady dropping
out there.. I had to turn the heat up higher the wind was making
it so cold and drafty in here.. Penny put that blanket over my bed
room window just in time.. If she comes tomorrow we will put one
over the other as well.. Im about to give up on having plastic put
up..

After getting all this great food these past few days, I was thinking
today of fun times ive had eating here or out, and one came to
mind with Raelynn.. She had come and rescued me for a
few hours from the homeless shelter and I was in a good
mood, and shes as nutty as me..we always had a good time,
she loved to drive and I loved to ride ..we have taken some
great country rides together.. Well we stopped at one of my
favorite places to eat, its the only other one I know other
than Applebees :-) the Oasis..well the staff in there is really
nice to me when they see me roll in.. the waitress and some
times waiter sort of run guard ahead of me making sure I
navigate thru the aisle to the smoking section ..The place
I like the best is at the far end sort of out of the way with a
wall behind my chair.. I learned the hard way about that at
Applebees.. Raelynn smoked then..

Well we were sitting there looking at the menu deciding what
we want to eat... The Oasis is a good truck stop its got a huge
parking lot for those big rigs so quite a lot of truckers eat there.
We looked at the menu and the man across the aisle was
brought his food.. Looked wonderful..the baked potato was
MASSIVE..he had enough food on his plate for her and I both!
I told her "my word, Raelynn,(quietly) LOOK at his plate! we
will need doggie bags if we get THAT much.) We both kind of
laughed, I said to her "I wonder what that is he got:?" Well..
like I said shes as nutty as me.. She looks over at that man ,
just as hes lifting his fork to his mouth, she says "HEY!, whats
that you got there?" The man turned, the food fell off his fork,
he laughed , we all did, he told us what he had ordered and
looked at his plate and said "they give you a lot here" Raelynn
looks at him and said " Yes, they DO! and even good company
TOO!" and she started talking to him , well we both did.. laughed
and chatted till all of us were done eating..

The man, Ben, was his name, stood up and stepped over by
our table and thanked us for the good company for dinner, he
enjoyed our conversation..well we did too..but we had the best
time.. When we looked out the big windows there we saw him
as he climbed into that big truck, he waved and blew that loud
horn they have as he went past.. That was a nice time.. I think of
that.. I wonder if Ben remembers us.. how crazy and funny we
all were..we joked and had a good time..I bet he does... away
from home, its nice to have company for supper. :-)

Speaking of supper, I havent eaten today and I should before I
head in to watch TV.. I don't have any idea of what I want .. I do
have some of that good ham..maybe a grilled ham and cheese,
that sounds good.. I have some Swiss cheese and that would
work great with that good ham... I was really tired today about
11 but I made it through and didn't take a nap, but Im posting
early again today and going to lay it down.. 4:30 is very early
and my butt usually tells me when I have to get OFF of it.. I
have NO choice but to listen.. Time for those GORGEOUS
WEEBLE words.. besides MERRY CHRISTMAS...
"NITEY NITE" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear? love ya..and thanks ..
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

2 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I still love all the pictures you put in here...
    I work 16 hours Sat and Sun, spend they night there because of the ice and snow we got Sat night...She has an extra bedroom so I was not in the way of the night staff...this way I did not have to clean off ice on the window of the Van Sat night and Sun morning...now that a blessing...
    Pam did a lot of sleeping today, she does that alot.
    That cold winds blowing is ruff.
    Good night my friend.
    God bless you
    Mary

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Mary :-)
    Im glad you like them.. I try :-) Yes I saw on TV how bad it was there, They said the same for here but we were spared..we got some but nothing like I saw was on tv by you...thats scarey.. 30 car pile ups..not good...
    Sleep is sometimes a way to rejuvenate or get your self back on track..then other times can indicate other things.. like for me thyroid..
    Its a cold and wintry day, I could tell every time Penny opened the front door..I have to get that plastic up.the door is drafty as it is..
    So nice to hear from you Mary and I hope Santa is good to you..Merry Christmas my friend :-)
    Love Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker