ButterflyLois

Amputee life before and after...

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

~Some Bad News~ :-(

I had a bit of bad news today that I didn't like at all..but, not
a lot I can do about it.. Chris, the plug lady from Keystone,
phoned this morning..asked if Heidi had brought a gift for
me for Christmas, which she hadnt, Ive not seen or heard
from Heidi since last Wednesday when she was here.. I
guess for some reason..they fired her.. Chris said she is
no longer employed by Keystone.. I was really surprised!
I thought she did a good job..but obviously something was
wrong.. I have no idea what.. She brought me a nice gift,
which I was surprised since I didn't get anything from them
last year.. I havent heard back from the Lions club so I don't
know if they will deliver the basket Saturday or not..they
couldn't guarantee someone would be there to deliver it..

Donnie will be coming by tonite to pick up their Christmas as
they are leaving over the week end to go to his parents in
Wisconsin.. Im not sure when they will go or be back..Usually
Kelli and Jorge go as well...They each have family here, Dawns
parents and family and Jorge has a large family. Kelli is doing
really good with this pregnancy...shes a strong girl so I know
she wont have trouble..at least we are closely watching her,
this baby is very special to many of us.. When I had to phone
Willie and I brought up the fact that we were having a GREAT
grandbaby..I could hear it in his voice how happy he was.. I am
SO anxious to sew for this new little man that is coming to share
our lives...

My sister phoned last nite..I always have a dread when she does
as I am always waiting for the shoe to drop so to speak..we will
chit chat about stuff in general then if theres news she will lay it
on me.. the news last nite.. well Im not pleased at all I will be quite
honest and it is a very sore subject with me as many do not like
my opinion or solutions to this problem .. Candis, my oldest niece's
daughter, her only child. Rose passed away 3 or 4 years ago..
My sister took Candy until she graduated then she moved out on
her own.. The news is..that I will be great Aunt again in August..
Candis is going to have a baby..Its going to be very hard for her,
but she has many that will support and help her.my sister being
the main one.. I don't discuss this subject as this has happened to
4 of the young women that are in my life..and well I don't discuss
it as my feelings on this are very strong and I tend to say how I feel
and sometimes its not what they want to hear...and well..that's why
I don't say too much.. Id rather keep the peace..Im a lover not a
fighter, I will fight..but only when provoked..But I feel bad that this
has happened and all the people it will affect mainly my sister..
She really doesnt need extra stress either..These things happen,
but at 18 I thought they would know how to prevent this from
happening.. kids having kids..

I can tell a difference in here with that kitchen window fixed..I think
once I get better heavy drapes in my bedroom wether I put plastic
up or not..and get the plastic on the porch..It will be even warmer..
I did wake up again last nite with my hands freezing cold..Dutch
was curled up in my arm pit on the left, and LB was in his very best
favorite spot.. yup..right between my stumps.. he walks up there and
keeps circling around till he feels me move them then he will snuggle
down and sleep like a baby till I make him move..They are never far
from me..always in the same room I am.. all night they sleep with me
which im glad now, cuz they keep me warm..and I probly do them..I
have seriously thought about wearing gloves to bed.. well they get
so cold..enough to wake me up! :-) one way to solve the problem :-)

We got a lot done today and my things to give the kids for Christmas
are all ready for them..Donnie Is due here later and I will give them to
him and he will distribute them. We didn't get to the painting though
there was just too much running Penny had to do today..They give her
a gas allowance but not very much..I try to give her a few dollars extra
but she always refuses.. I do give her a lot of food and things though..
Shes very good and keeps me nice and clean her and she and I look
out for each other..which helps us both.. Eddy being a truck driver
hes gone a lot so I give her stuff so she doesn't have to cook so much.
Right now she has her daughters kids, her grands, 3 of them that are
staying with her as her daughter got into a bit of trouble..hard this time
of year for Penny with all this extra stuff going on.. She tries and that's
the main thing..but that's all any of us can do..

Right now Im gonna try to get back in on my bed..I got up early again
at 430 or so.. I am tired..good tired, but tired.. Ive earned it.. Ive done
my share this week and its not over yet with all I want to do. But Im
hungry I havent eaten since this morning and that was only toast.. I
may just make a sandwich or have some of that good ramen soup..
I like that.. So early to bed, early to rise makes this GORGEOUS
WEEBLE healthy if nothing else :-) "Nitey nite" :-)

Y'all have a good one now, Y'hear ? love ya..and THANKS!! :-)
Always, Lois ****

God Bless you, is my prayer today,
I'm so honored to call you "friend";
I pray the Lord will keep you safe,
Until I write again.....

3 Comments:

  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tis the holiday season - some people get depressed this time of year. The days are short. One thing that cheers me up is to look through the seed catalogues. I have been eating very well - A home attendant I know keeps giving me really good homemade soup and she gave me a package of 6 pounds (3 kilos) of spinach and cheese for making pizza. YUMMY!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Lois
    I cover me up to the neck, sometimes my nose get cold...I like my bedroom cold, I sleep better when it cold...
    Long day again, I took Patsy back to her Doctor visit from the surgery her had, no driving for her for 4 weeks now...I have been doing all the driving for her.
    Patsy is doing good after the death of her husband Monday...
    when all her family goes back home, I am sure it will be extra hard on her for sure...she will be lost, she spend so much time visiting him in the nursing home, hours after hours.
    Good night Lois.
    God bless you more and more.
    Mary

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Blogger Lois said…

    Hi Momar,
    so nice to hear from you..Yes, many do get depressed this time of year and I am no exception.. I think of all the good happy fun times I had..spinach for pizza? no..cheese and sausage for me thank you :-)

    Hi Mary!
    Yes I dont like alot of heat but this is COLD..im between 2 windows and its really cold cold cold... If Patsy can stay busy it will help..your a good friend Mary,
    Take care ...

    so nice to hear from you.! :-)
    Always, Lois ****

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker